Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:27:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 66
Total: 66

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni treatment  (Read 7081 times)

Offline hopeful

Harvoni treatment
« on: February 01, 2015, 06:42:04 am »
Started Harvoni treatment 1/20/15  24 week treatment
Stage 4 Cirrhosis 
Genotype 1
intron-a and rivo   non responder twice

Question I have -  If I am one of the lucky ones that get rid of the virus can I possibly live a normal length of life or is cirrhosis a death sentence.  Dr. says my liver if functioning normally

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
Re: Harvoni treatment
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 12:52:26 pm »
Hi Hopeful,

What's a normal life? I think you have the opportunity to live much longer and the latest information I have read is that there is a possibility of the liver repairing itself to some degree but you would still need to have a healthy diet and not drink if you want that to be a possibility.

You have Cirrhosis but if you are SVR that means if you take care of your liver and watch what you put in your body you are in a way better place for it not progressing any further and even could do some rejuvenating with healthy cells.

I am not a Null responder but I am in the same boat with Stage 4 Cirrhosis. I think we can live a much longer healthier life once we clear Help C, just my two cents. I know being UND I do feel way better energy wise then I did before treatment.

No one has a crystal ball and every day new and better treatments for all kinds of diseases and issues are found. Heck we could be hit by a bus tomorrow and it all be over!

I just try and focus on being the best i can be today and when tomorrow comes do the same.

Mel
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 10:16:36 pm »
Yes, you have a shot at a normal lifespan if the cirrhosis is not too extensive.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:19:15 pm by lporterrn »
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Tpropane

• Heal the past by living in the present.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 01:20:20 am »
Hi there. We started on exactly the same day! I have stage 4 cirrhosis and a relapser from riba, pegintron and boceprovir.
I'll be on harvoni for 24 weeks.
The good news is that 100% of the patients with the same diagnosis achieved SVR after 24 weeks on Harvoni.
We should stay in touch here.
First doctors appointment tomorrow.
Be interested to get lab results (albeit I think 4 weeks is the normal time frame to run labs but never mind)
No real debilitating side effects. All tolerable. Tired? I was tired before. Headache? I had headaches before. I'm sleeping very well. Drinking lots of water. Low sodium diet. Lots of fruit and veg. Low fat. Very little meat. Some dairy. Love my yogurt. Kind of craving sweets, my one thing I try to portion manage.
I take my pill in the morning with a probiotic drink/shot and a glass of water.
Coffee, Oatmeal and flax seed about an hour later. Every day.
GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!
All the best!
Tpropane 8)
Hep C 1A / TT diagnosed 2009
Non Responder Boceprevir/riba/peg 2011
F-4 Cirrhosis
TX Harvoni 24 weeks started 1/20/15
2 week labs VL 174!
4 week labs UNDETECTED !
8 week labs UNDETECTED !

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.