Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:30:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Colloidal silver, Milk Thistle  (Read 15277 times)

Offline kingcruze1

Colloidal silver, Milk Thistle
« on: August 26, 2015, 02:33:32 pm »
Does anyone know if taking Colloidal Silver or Milk Thistle will interfere with the Harvoni treatment? 5 days on Harvoni.

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: Colloidal silver, Milk Thistle
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 03:31:24 pm »
Welcome kingcruze1. I just searched online for those terms within the official Harvoni Prescribing Information document (a printed copy should have come with your bottle of Harvoni) and couldn't find either one mentioned. If you receive your Harvoni through a specialty pharmacy, you could ask a pharmacist there, or you could ask your doctor.
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Bree

• "Today is a good day for a great day!"
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 05:34:12 pm »
Ditto.  Welcome kingcruz1!  While the Harvoni prescribing Information doesn't mention it, I know some doctors are advising against taking any herbal supplements while on treatment.  Mine didn't really advise anything, he's a "just the facts" kind of guy. I regularly took milk thistle and I few other herbs before treatment and am choosing not to while on treatment "just in case". I'm erring on the side of caution, so to speak. 

Gnatcatcher's suggestions re speaking to your pharmacist and doctor are good ones.
Best of luck on your Harvoni journey!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a
2002-2003 PEG Intron/riba (48 wks) respond/relapsed
Pre-Harvoni - Viral Load: 13.5 M - Log 7.1
Fibrosure Score F1-2  Pre-Treatment:  AST 73 / ALT 88

7/6/15 Started Harvoni (12 weeks)
10/5/15 HCV NOT DETECTED (One week post EOT)
11/9/15 NOT DETECTED!!! (6 wk post)
12/21/15 NOT DETECTED (12 wk post) 
3/14/16  NOT DETECTED (24 week post)AST 26 ALT 18
SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline kingcruze1

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:30:09 pm »
Thanks Bree and gnatcatcher. Yea I'm not going to take anything I'm not sure about. Not to many people know about colloidal silver. It's good stuff when done right. My sister in law just told me about a site, drugs.com, where you can find drug interactions. It's pretty informative but I think I'll just stick with what I'm doing now. I consider myself pretty lucky to have gotten on the Harvoni program. It should be available to all not just some. I can't understand why if you have Medicaid they won't cover it. It's not right.

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 03:54:57 pm »
My specialty pharmacist said milk thistle was O.K. taken twelve hours opposite from Harvoni. Colloidal silver , while good, I have not found any info. on using with Harvoni so I would abstain from it for the time being.
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline hepboy1

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 09:14:03 pm »
im taking  milk thistle I herd  several others took it threw their whole treatment and had no or little Sid effects from the harvoni   and both are now neg   and healthy coming out the other side , tomorrow will be my third harvoni  dose  I take the thistle 8 to 12 hours after I dose with harvoni

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.