Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:25:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 71
Total: 71

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Community Coalition - Equal Access to meds to cure HCV!  (Read 11428 times)

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
Community Coalition - Equal Access to meds to cure HCV!
« on: December 20, 2014, 02:42:45 pm »
Great article and exactly what we hope happens.  If everyone starts standing up then change will eventually happen....

http://www.projectinform.org/hepc/community-coalition-calls-for-equal-access-to-curative-treatments-for-all-people-with-hepatitis-c/

I am going to see if I can find something like one of the Community Groups in my area and look into getting involved.

Mel
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Luna7

Re: Community Coalition - Equal Access to meds to cure HCV!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 06:42:38 pm »
Thanks for the info Mel.

Yes I'm ready...lets cause some trouble! ;D
Between F2 & F3
Alt & Ast nearly 100
Viral load over 8 million
Gt 3a

Treated 12 weeks with Sovaldi & Daklinza, start date mid-April 2016
Undetected at 4 weeks into treatment
Alt & Ast  normal
Treatment completed July 14
Most likely will be undetected at 12 weeks (mid October 2016) as symptoms are gone

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 06:45:39 pm »
Thanks for the info Mel.

Yes I'm ready...lets cause some trouble! ;D

That's awesome Luna!

Wish I was still in the bay area to join in on their fun. Sounds like those places have their act together from dealing with HIV. I love that they are going after HCV now!

I am going to email them and see if they know of any coalitions like theirs in my area.

Mel
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Luna7

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 06:54:17 pm »
Good idea, I will do the same.
Between F2 & F3
Alt & Ast nearly 100
Viral load over 8 million
Gt 3a

Treated 12 weeks with Sovaldi & Daklinza, start date mid-April 2016
Undetected at 4 weeks into treatment
Alt & Ast  normal
Treatment completed July 14
Most likely will be undetected at 12 weeks (mid October 2016) as symptoms are gone

Offline Rubye

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 03:57:39 pm »
Thanks for posting this Mel.
I saw it earlier and thought yes, nice, right on, but what can I do? I'm not a leader but I make a good follower if the cause is righteous. Problem is I've yet to find my leader. :)

btw, I think this should have stayed under Hep C Treatment but then I think organizing is upsetting to some people. I can understand that. Most of us just want to get well and not have to worry about politics. Thing is most people will not get well without politics and organization. Also, I like that Hep C is now included under this particular AIDS umbrella because the AIDS people do indeed have lots of experience with the very same problems Hep C people have.

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 06:28:27 pm »
Hey Rubye,

I think it could go in either place, no big deal to me. Just wanted to share something cool going on plus it gave me some ideas on how I can get involved.  I am going to email the groups involved on Monday and see if they know of any "like" groups in my area.

Perhaps I can volunteer with a local group to help spread the word and encourage people to get tested. I totally agree about this wrapping into the AIDS groups and umbrella, it's supper helpful because they have so much experience dealing with the public and spreading the word for testing, treatment and stigma's too.

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.