Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:07:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 120
Total: 120

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: just found out for sure  (Read 9704 times)

Offline bryanf87

just found out for sure
« on: February 04, 2015, 05:37:28 am »
So I finally got clean off heroin after 7 Yeats and one month into my clean time I find out i could have hep c. Well iI do and I feel like I'm losing my mind and body is breaking down. I'm constantly in pain and stiff. Have many times where I get up and talk to people after waking up but have no memory of this stuff. I'm so tired all the time. I don't know whereto even start iI'm so depressed someone please help me

Offline kate0b1

Re: just found out for sure
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 06:35:45 am »
@bryanf87, first take a breath and real it in, let me start with congrats on being clean, thats a tough road to hoe. you should be proud of being there. I know it sounds like the world is falling in with this diagnosis, but remember they are coming out with new meds and treatments so fast. You need to find a doctor you trust and maybe someone to talk to about your other feelings, then when you are healthy enough (in mind and body) you will be in a place to beat this also.

stay clean and start looking for a great doctor you can trust with all of your fears and worries
kate

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 10:37:54 am »
You are starting in the right place Bryan. It is overwhelming at first, but that gets better.

A couple of things that helped me was to know that the liver is incredibly resilient, and although hep C feels awful, it generally takes a long, long time to do any permanent damage - decades.

Also it helped to know that hep C is curable. (I am cured after 25 years of having it)

Read solid info, such as http://www.hepmag.com/articles/2619_18763.shtml

Stay close, ask questions, and as Kate said - stay clean and get a good doctor.

Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Mike

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 05:12:37 pm »
Hi Bryan,

I remember when I was diagnosed with Hep-C. I was numb, scared and thought I had one foot in the grave.

I contracted my infection through the needle and spoon in the late 70's. I sobered up in the early 80's, and 20 years later, that mistake (shooting dope) clawed me back to a chapter of my life I thought was closed 2 decades prior.

That was 15 years ago.

Please don't beat yourself up over this and understand that the emotions you're feeling happened to all of us.

Also understand, that Hep-C can be cured and the treatment is short, well tolerated and effective.

Spend some time educating yourself on Hep-C - this is a great forum for that, full of wisdom, experience and knowledge.

If you have questions ask! There are no dumb or stupid questions!

Best wishes, Mike
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:01:18 pm by Mike »
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline bryanf87

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 05:16:33 pm »
Thanks guys I'm at work but I'll reply again later just wanted to say thank you

Offline Red Hen

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 11:43:26 am »
Hi, Bryan. Congratulations for staying clean! I hope you have found a doctor you can trust. I most likely got Hep C in the late '60's early '70's from playing around with injectable drugs in High School. Guess it was a "high school", so to speak. Anyway, you can survive this! Just read yesterday that costs for new meds are going down and drug companies are now trying to make their products more available for more people. You don't have to be a rock star to treat HCV anymore. People on this forum will help you and see you through.
genotype 1a
completed 12 weeks Viekira pak and ribavirin
final results due around the end of April
Undetected 12 weeks post treatment!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.