Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:15:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 101
Total: 101

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni - one week down!  (Read 6960 times)

Offline lovinglife

Harvoni - one week down!
« on: February 01, 2015, 09:41:14 pm »
Hey guys.  I am so grateful to have this little white $30,000 bottle of pills in my kitchen.  Got HCV in 88 thru blood transfusions after having a baby.  I have been waiting on this medication for many years and feel so grateful.  VL 3 mill and no cirrhosis.  I think I kept my liver in check all these years with exercise, milk thistle and meditation. BCBS gave me a little trouble but finally approved after an appeal by my doctor. My doc was very active in running clinical trials so maybe he has connections!  My sides have been tolerable. In the past week, I have had some "chills" with no fever, mild headaches and a few days of fatigue. I work a very demanding job and have not had to miss yet.  I am so tired of thinking about HCV and will be so happy to put this behind me.  If I can help anyone on this blog with info, I will try to do so routinely. I wish you all the best in your path to health!

Offline bsmith9876

Re: Harvoni - one week down!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 08:59:25 pm »
Good luck to you, lovinglife.  I'm with you on being tired of thinking about HCV.  I'm in about two weeks and have not had a hard time.  Had some chills, aches...but it's getting better as I go along.

Brenda
G 1b

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 09:16:00 pm »
Lovinglife - I never really thought about it in terms of $30K in the kitchen - yikes!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline lovinglife

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 10:20:32 pm »
Yeh Lucinda, 30 grand in the cabinet, well by now about 11 grand in me.  Don't even get me started on healthcare in this country! I work in human services and people literally fade away and die from poor or unavailable care in the USA every day. And big Pharma is evil in my opinion. Who arbitrarily sat around and decided these pills were gonna cost about 1000 each?  I know all about clinical trials and the research costs, blah, blah. This is still crazy high. If my insurance company had continued to deny me, I was ready to take it to the media, and believe me, I would have!  Just think, peoples lives on hold bc they cannot afford medication.  Whew - sorry for the rant!  Take care all.

Offline TC

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 10:16:12 am »
Hi. Yes, $1000.00 a pill. Unconsciousable. Medicare/AARP Rx I paid $3,400 plus for 28 pills. I'm starting week 3 and am told $1500.00 approx. cost each for next 2 months. My side effects are manageable since am semi-retired at age 67. I can rest or work out depending how I feel. Work as nurse about 2 days a week in low stress unit. Love my coworkers and get great support. HCV + for 20 something years. Never treated due to poor results for geno type 1a. I remain grateful for this drug and am thankful I can work to pay for it..  TC

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.