Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:56:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni 4 week update, viral load test (8 Week treatment)  (Read 5463 times)

Offline robertk1997

Harvoni 4 week update, viral load test (8 Week treatment)
« on: November 16, 2016, 01:40:15 am »
Just got my results after doing Harvoni treatment 4 weeks now, my doctor said it's undetected!!! They expected it to be low but not completely gone already, so I'm really happy about that! I gotta finish up this month to ensure its all gone and it should be good I hope.

Background info on me, I'm 19 years old, had hepatitis c for about 8 months (not anymore I guess), my liver enzymes were 1000 back in January and they went to like 500 a few months ago, unsure what it is now I'd like a CBC...  my viral load was 241779 at the beginning, my doctor didn't fill me in much honestly, I'm going to ask him for specifics tomorrow at my official appointment about the fibroscan and getting a blood count done.

Either way, I know I'm not totally out of the water I gotta wait until it's all over and considered gone before I can totally celebrate, but I feel relief in knowing my body isn't under constant attack from this awful disease. Just figured I'd post to give others hope in this battle, it isn't easy but it's doable now thanks science (and Humana for paying 60k lol).

Side effects experienced throughout treatment; in the beginning itchiness and it subsided a bit, really loose stool, a lot of cramping in my joints and bones, general weakness, hard time waking up feel really tired, sometimes feel really distant or disassociated. But nothing really really major, it's really been a cake walk for me, I've got like 3 weeks to go and I'm done apparently.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 01:58:16 am by robertk1997 »

Offline robertk1997

Re: Harvoni 4 week update, viral load test (8 Week treatment)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 01:46:34 am »
Also for those who are interested or can relate my medication list is -

Gabapentin
Klonopin
Buprenorphine (Suboxone)

I also used Etizolam (Legal anti-anxiety chemical) and CBD oil throughout treatment and it didn't affect Harvoni's effectiveness.

Offline Rickta53

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 02:44:41 pm »
Great news Robert, I just had my follow up after my 5 week test and I am also  undetected! I am on day 48 of 84 and will take the rest of the treatments. My viral load was 1.78 million pre treatment and now all my blood results are normal for the first time in years. Glad more of us are getting treatment and hope cost come down so more will get the chance to be cured.

Rick

Offline Grateful Gmom

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 03:33:08 pm »
UNDETECTED TODAY AS WELL!!!!!!!! Myself and my husband.....we both just got results, still in disbelief!
Robert, similar side effects here, in fact today is not a good day with the sides,(I'm working though) but they are much more manageable knowing it has zapped the daylights out of this virus!!
Pretty close to a cake walk in comparison to those that have paved the way before us!
Congrats guys! I know we aren't out of the woods, but his viral load and damage were pretty substantial, (8.9 million) and to be undetected is a modern day miracle to us.
Blood Transfusion 1986
Treatment naive
Gen 1a
F2/3
3.5 million
Harvoni ordered for 12 wks, approved for 8

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.