Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:17:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 82
Total: 82

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: worried about transmittion to child  (Read 7923 times)

Offline worried55

worried about transmittion to child
« on: February 19, 2015, 05:21:14 pm »
Hello, i am totally new to all this.  I was just diagnosed with hep c during a routine exam.  I am fortunate enough to have caught it early.  I have no symptoms, no liver issues, and a very low viral load.  I am still freaking out about the whole thing...i most likely caught this from tattoos. That is scary considering i have only been to the most reputable clean places.  Anyway, i have a question.  yesterday my daughter cut her finger and was screaming...i mean screaming!!! It wasnt very big but she is dramatic.  IN the scuffle my wife grabbed a bathroom hand towel and wet it and put it on her finger.  I try to be very careful and cover my toothbrush but i may have wiped my mouth on that towel.  I am concerned that there may have been blood on some leftover toothpaste on my mouth that i transferred to the towel and got in her cut later that day.  Am i over reacting..is this risk low???  i hope someone can help.
3a
Diagnosed summer 2014
Infected somewhere between 2009 and 2014. 
Source unknown possibly tattoos or dentist
Started treatment April 2016 Sovaldi and dacklinza
Viral load to start 28,000
4 wk labs... Undetected!!!!!!!
8 wk labs.....Undetected!!!!!
12 wk labs.....(really 14 weeks. Taken 2 weeks post treatment)  Undetected!!!!!
24 wk labs.   Undetected!  Cured!

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: worried about transmittion to child
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:55:47 pm »
Yes, you are overreaching, and the risk is very, very remote, if not zero. You won't be the first parent to overreach - we all do.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline worried55

Re: worried about transmittion to child
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:26:41 pm »
Thank u for replying....i will try not to worry.  I am so blessed to just have contracted this when all these new meds are coming out!  Hopefully i will be rid of this thing before it makes me sick.  In the mean time i have to find a way to over come the thought of harboring a monster!!!!
3a
Diagnosed summer 2014
Infected somewhere between 2009 and 2014. 
Source unknown possibly tattoos or dentist
Started treatment April 2016 Sovaldi and dacklinza
Viral load to start 28,000
4 wk labs... Undetected!!!!!!!
8 wk labs.....Undetected!!!!!
12 wk labs.....(really 14 weeks. Taken 2 weeks post treatment)  Undetected!!!!!
24 wk labs.   Undetected!  Cured!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.