Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:28:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dr office FORGOT to put post 4wk 'viral load' test in my bloodwork script  (Read 14998 times)

Offline JillLynn

• contracted 1973/ peg/rib 1999 & 2004/on harvoni
So I've been waiting for my post treatment results on Harvoni... (4 weeks after last blood draw) only to find out they never gave the test to the hospital.  :(    It never came in the mail like they said it would,  so they called it in.

So I drove 45 minutes to give my blood only to get NOTHING but alt/ast results.

so not happy about this.

NOTE TO SELF:  always check that ALL bloodtests are in the order!    Maybe I should have known this all along........instead of assuming they would double check before they submitted this to the lab.     Live and Learn.     

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:03:06 am by JillLynn »

Offline donk

Re: Dr office FORGOT to put post 4wk 'viral load' test in my bloodwork script
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 09:18:52 am »
Had my 4 week test on Feb 2nd. cbc and liver panel good but no viral load results yet (2.5 weeks). I can see my labs via Quest labs online. I have my hep doc appointment next wednesday. I saw the script did have the viral load test. Labs must be swamped by the volume of hepC viral tests maybe. Wondering how long others are having before the viral load test results are returned.

Offline badbradley

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 09:30:41 am »
HI JILL,
       I am frustrated right along with you this morning. I called the morning before my 12wk post labs to see if they were ordered, they were not. Next morning I went in for labs, they drew only one tube for VL. That was the most important one but I was expecting the usual full lab draw. As you know things didnt end favorable for me but I then had to go back for the other labs. I received the results 2 days ago. They only ordered Hepatic Function Panel labs, without comp. (comprehensive metabolic panel). I wanted to see my glucose, creatinine,etc. to see that things were o.k. or not. Very frustrating. What some B.S. !!
        Anyways, Good luck on your VL results! I am rootin" for you Wolfgirl!!!
                                                                                                   Brad
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:43:02 am by badbradley »
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline JillLynn

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 12:09:12 pm »
Brad....I wish we lived closer.   I like you!
I relate to everything you always say!

Wow that sucks!  They didn't do the creatinine either.....it should have been a red flag that something wasn't right when it was the alt/ast and a test I'd never seen before.  I think it said CK ( I can look at the My Chart from the hospital) I'm like what the hell is that?  Still assuming they knew what they were doing......Now I'm not so sure!!!!!

I'm sick of DRS.    And sick of all the B.S. we have to take from them to cure our virus.

If you lived closer we could be drinking coffee, bitching about them and laughing our butts off at the same time!       I'm praying for you everyday.....just know you are one of my special friends on here.     And don't even get me going on the wolf situation right now.......poor wolves.....poor us!   :) big hug!   I'll let ya know when I get my results.  Not sure I feel like driving out there today.  All in all I'm living in gratitude for another day to be apart of this world.    I do love being out in nature......the one place the world always feels right to me!   
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:11:10 pm by JillLynn »

Offline JillLynn

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 12:12:08 pm »
Donk....let us know when you get them.  Shouldn't be taking that long........but who knows?  Wishing YOU the big UNDETECTED for sure!!!!!

Offline trapper

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 09:38:39 am »
Hi jilllynn.  Been having problems with labs also.  Had 4-week post s/o labs done on the 10th.  Made sure I told them and signed a paper for them to send labs to me also.  Like before they say it will be 30 days to get labs.  I said BS I want them when my Dr gets them asap.  Didn't get them.  Called main office and they said they would send out Monday . called my dr and they said they will send when dr signs off on results.  They also said tricore labs forgot to do hcvqt test, so had to go back for that.  So its been 2 weeks and no results yet.  so much incompetence out there its pathetic. This is the second time I've had trouble with labs.   later trapper

Offline badbradley

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 09:49:59 am »
Trapper,
        I was getting concerned about you. Wondering why you had not returned with results. Glad to see it's just a typical S.N.A.F.U. and not the DREADED bad news.  Sorry you gotta wait. Good luck on them results!
                  Brad
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline morning_glory

• This is the first day, of the rest of your life...
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 11:21:23 am »
....Adding to the "B*t*h" session!!!...
My doc wrote an appeal letter w/ the WRONG viral load! AND my Ins co. can't seem to locate the the letter (even though it was wrong to begin with)!!! So, I don't know if he even sent it to them!?!?!?!  >:(
I got the copy of the letter from his nurse, after many requests!
There are so many other screwed up things that I could write about... but I told myself to stay calm this weekend  :-\

I want to scream, cry, throw a tantrum,...! UGH  :'(
What is wrong with these people, did they drink "stupid juice"?  :o

We should be getting a pay check from them, for doing all their work, THEY are paid to do!

This takes advocating for ourselves to another level!

MG

OOPS - I just realized I posted in the "Post Treatment" section - I guess I got caught up in reading the posts on here. Thanks for listening though  ;)

I'm still waiting for Harvoni.
Support Path is helping me at this point. I have faxed them all the documents I have & now have my own "Case #" w/ them.
I got tired of waiting on the doc, nurse, specialty pharmacy, ins. co... and called SP, to get them involved, as well.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:32:26 am by morning_glory »
Likely infected - mid 70's / Diagnosed - mid 90's
Geno type - 1a
AST - 45
ALT - 51
Viral Load - 435,120
Liver Biopsy 6/2004 - F1-2
Fibrosure 5/2011 - F1-2
Fibrosure 2/2014 - F-0
Treatment Naive, prior to Harvoni
Harvoni started on 5/16/15
8-week Treatment Completed (7/10/15)
4-week bloodwork (6/11/15) Undetected, AST 15, ALT 17
8-week bloodwork (7/13/15) Undetected, AST 14, ALT 16

Offline JillLynn

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 11:38:32 am »
Trapper........it is very frustrating!!!!
Sure hope when your results show up you are undetected!   Goes without saying of course....but saying it anyway!

Morning_Glory....stop by anytime!!!    YES we must keep advocating for ourselves......we all know NO ONE ELSE will!!!!

I didn't make it back to get my bloodtest yesterday.....hopefully Monday I have time.  Still fuming over having to do this AGAIN!  My DR. never ever wrote me back and apologized!!!!!His right hand woman did....but not him.   I just hate driving there and doing this.  There are soooooo many things I'd rather be doing.     
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:40:23 am by JillLynn »

Offline donk

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 06:30:45 am »
I messed up Jill. read your post thru the "recent post" links and not the topics.  Didn't realize you are done tx. My tests were tx 4 week and not post tx like yours. Anyways good for you and the others who are in the post tx arena. I'm sure good things will happen and your HCV will be gone.

Offline sapphire101

• "Stop worrying and start living"
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 06:46:23 pm »
Many valuable lessons learned here and the first and foremost is to be our own advocates. I am just starting my treatment, but even this early in the game I now always get a name, always get my own copies of everything, always follow up with a call even if it means I look like a scatterbrain or a busybody or crazy obsessive.
Check, double check, and check again because if I assume it is being taken care of ...well you all know how that goes.
Sapphire101
Genotype 1a Fibrosis level 1
Viekira Pak with ribavirin 12 weeks
Pre treatment  VL  1.7 million, AST 45 ALT 65
EOT VL not detected, AST 21 ALT 21
12 week SVR not detected,24 week SVR not detected.
Cured! Class of 2015

Offline JillLynn

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 09:22:17 am »
amen to that Sapphire!

I did hear from my DR about the mistake and he's going to try and find out WHO deleted the information from their computers.     He said there will be a trail.       So we wait.   In the meantime......I'm going to go today to get my post 5 week after treatment bloodtest.      Sure hope I'm virus free!   Like we all do! 

Take care support friends.......love you all!   Jill

Offline sunrise

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 10:51:43 pm »
Hey JillLynn
          That is really inept that they "lost it" really burns me. I pray you are UD also, and I understand the concern. Stay positive, breathe , relax we are gonna beat it, one way or another. How were your enzymes doing?...Blessings Sunrise

Offline Paleface

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 09:29:21 am »
Hey Jill,  Just got my 4 Wk results!! Virus NOT DETECTED!!!  Good Luck!!  Keith
Hep C 1a
Blood Transfusion- 1977
2002-48 wks Peg Interferon+Ribavirin-relapsed 2003.
VL- 5,700,620
AST- 393
ALT- 717
Liver Biopsy- Stage 1-2
Oct.29,2014- 12 wks Harvoni
Jan.20,2015 Finished Harvoni Treatment-Undetectable
4 wk post- Undetected
8 wk post- Undetected
12 wk post- Undetected- "Cured"

Offline sunrise

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 02:12:29 pm »
That's so great Keith,
         How are you feeling?

Offline Paleface

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 02:21:43 pm »
Thanks Sunrise, I feel great!! I'm not tired,no night sweats,i'm sleeping all night,no dull liver ache, I am on cloud 10  LOL!! Cant wait untill week 12.  Fingers still crossed.  Keith
Hep C 1a
Blood Transfusion- 1977
VL- 5,700,620
AST- 393
ALT- 717
Liver Biopsy- Stage 1-2
4 wk post- Undetected
8 wk post- Undetected

Offline JillLynn

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 03:02:32 pm »
Keith......YAY!!!! FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!   WOW I am thrilled for you!!!!
Should have mine later today or tomorrow.   Sure am praying to be undetected like you are!
Cloud 10 sounds great!!!! :)

Sunrise.  Hi!   Liver enzymes are normal.   But I still feel kinda weird and achey.  In fact I just got home it's 3pm and I'm gonna lay down which isn't like me at all.  But like you....I do ache and have joint pain.   There is one elevation in my bloodwork for RDW but my DR said not to worry about it lets see what viral load results are first.   

Keith...I'm so glad you feel so good!!!     I can't wait to join you on that front!   Sunrise and I want to feel good too!  :)  I know we all do!

Offline Paleface

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 03:34:12 pm »
Thanks Jill!!  I know your going to get good news let me know :-)
Hep C 1a
Blood Transfusion- 1977
VL- 5,700,620
AST- 393
ALT- 717
Liver Biopsy- Stage 1-2
4 wk post- Undetected
8 wk post- Undetected

Offline charly8

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 03:39:59 pm »
Good luck Jill,

I am rooting for you.  Your situation is similar to me but about 3 months ahead of me.
1a, VL  1.05 Mil, ALT 47
Fibrosure F3 December 2014
Fibroscan F0-F1 March 2015
1995 INT & RYB -non-responder
2007 PEGIN & RYB 72 weeks tx - partial responder relapsed
1/23/15 Started Harvoni 12 weeks, EOT 4/17
2 week blood work -  <15 Und. (ALT 25)
4 week blood work - <15 Und. (ALT 29)
2/20/15 added RYB (4 weeks into 12 of tx)
8 week blood work - <15 Und. (ALT 23)
(EOT) 12 week blood work - <15 Und.
4wk POST tx VL - Und. (ALT16, AST 17)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.