Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:01:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 102
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 75
Total: 75

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: little trouble sleeping  (Read 11559 times)

Offline edmed

little trouble sleeping
« on: January 10, 2015, 09:07:12 am »
Hi to all, the last couple of days I've been having a little trouble sleeping. I usually go to bed around 10sh every nite and I'm up and ready to start my day at 6 in the morning. I'm on my 16 Th magic pill and i feel great for the most part. I go to work everyday and stand on my feet for 8 to 10 hours a day. I've been eating healthy and excercise for the past six weeks. When i started harvoni 16 day ago i had some mild headace on the first week but learned reel quickly how to regulate my water intake and the headache have pretty much gone for me. The last three or four night i notice my sleeping has been a little off. I sleep for a period of 3 to 4 hours then i wake up and have a hard time going back to sleep. I can handle it for a few days but I really would like to have a little better control of this issue.

I'll take any suggestion that may help me sleep longer  thru the night.
 Thank to all, Ed

Offline gea

Re: little trouble sleeping
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 09:55:21 am »
Hi Ed
I am at eight weeks tomorrow with my Harvoni.... four weeks to go.
Right around the third week of taking the pills, I experienced trouble sleeping but only for about four or five days.  They were consecutive and just when I thought I was in for trouble, it went away... I have had no trouble since.   Good Luck!
Diagnosed 06-2013
1-A
Started Harvoni for 12 wks 11-17-14
AST 26  ALT 34

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 01:04:17 pm »
Ed and Gea,

I think we all have this phase we go through in treatment and personally I'd like to think it's when the medication is really kicking the crap out of the virus and our bodies are in a battle with the medication against the virus!

I am doing way better with my sleeping issues now that I am further along but have a night or two when I struggle but it's nothing like it was during that 3 week battle session I was in! Now I even dream again....

Stay strong, it's going to get better Ed!

Mel
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline edmed

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 01:05:46 pm »
Thanks for that Gea, 
I'm just a little concern because of busy work schedule and the busy life. if it's just a couple day I think I can handle it, but if sleepless goes on for ever my life would become very difficult. 
If any one else has this issue please share on what to do about it.

Staying positive,
 Ed

Offline rando archer

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 01:48:57 am »
Do you take your pill in AM or PM?

Offline Feetfried

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 04:12:56 pm »
Doc offered Ambien if I wanted it.  Sleep

Offline Sacheen

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 06:57:52 pm »
I've had a little problem w/sleeping also. I'm 4.9 million VL at Stage 2. I started Harvoni on Dec 26 for the 8 week treatment. I have had headaches ( not to bad) they have seemed to have gone for now. The last week evenings it's the gas that bothers me, pressure up by my rib cage. I'm surprised at the ease of the side effects most of the time I don't even know I'm on Harvoni. I hope this encouraging to those who are still thinking of treatment. I'm hoping that 8 weeks is enough. I'm scheduled for my first blood draw Jan 22 If my results don't look good will they suggest 12 weeks? or how does that work?

Offline Sacheen

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 07:00:13 pm »
PS I take my pill with breakfast at 9 am and I drink lots of water during the day

Offline Feetfried

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 07:14:09 pm »
Gas relief ....bloating.....OTC pills available for that.  Doc will rx you some to.  Yeah...that gas is troublesome.  I have good luck with the otc.......

Offline Vintag54

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 08:32:00 pm »
I'm on S/O and when I can't sleep I take Melatonin 3mg (herb). Ask your doc.
Warm Thanks, Vintag54

HCV over 30 yrs.
64 yrs
Genotype 1a
Viral load in orbit.
3.5 mos of interferon/rabavirin
2/5/2015 on Sovaldi/Olysio

Offline Sacheen

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 08:45:32 pm »
Today is my last day of 8 weeks of Harvoni. I feel great, side effects were minimal. I'm praying that my blood work in May will show I'm totally cured. Please pray for me and the others that are going through treatment and those considering Harvoni.

Offline MEG

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 09:27:01 pm »
Congratulations, Sachean. How are you feeling? I'm inside week 4 of an 8 week regimen. I also hope it's enough....

How are your symptoms now compared to when you started?

Wishing you a lifetime SVR.
Geno 1a. IL28B+ with TT polymorphism.
Diagnosed 1993.
Liver Biopsy 1993 --inflammation.
Fibroscan 2014---no fibrosis.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.
Platelets: 200K range.
Viral load--2 million range.

Began Harvoni on January 23.
Finished 12 week course on April 19.

May 18---4 week EOT labs:
VL: UNDETECTED.
AST: 23
ALT: 22...........These have not been this low throughout treatment and since my 20s.

12 weeks EOT on July 15---Undetected.

Offline Sacheen

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 11:26:01 am »
Hi Meg,
In the beginning I had a few side effects pretty mild. The last four weeks the only complaint I had was gas on my stomach in the evening. To me this 8 weeks of Harvoni was a piece of cake. I pray you'll be able to say the same when your finished.
My only concern is will Hep C be gone forever? Is there a chance it will come back?

Offline MEG

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 12:05:34 pm »
Sacheen, How wonderful that you didn't suffer difficult side effects during the treatments.

As I write this this morning, I hear the tinnitus---first time. My upper abdominal bloating is getting uncomfortable and I don't know what to do with that. Eating very simple meals(mostly soups with and without meat, and veggies that don't normally cause the bloat).

Because this is a new class of drugs, I don't think anyone will know re: whether it will be gone forever until those in all the clinical trials(since Gilead achieved its first SVR) and we who are taking it for the next couple? of years(they need enough # of patients to generalize to the entire population in their stat analysis) mature into our SVR over the years.

That said, 12 week and then especially  24week SVR should give us much piece of mind that the virus is eradicated from our system. It's only job is to multiply itself and if there's nothing there........

I'm wondering if looking at the data of people who achieved SVR on the interferon-based treatments would be helpful since there are many of them at this point.  How are those who achieved 12 week and 24 week SVR doing 5 years later, for example. 10 years later. My sense is that this data is somewhere within the maze of ongoing studies.

In the meanwhile, staying in the present moment and doing what I can do to make my life more meaningful is the only thing that has helped me over the years--- when my worry spiral itches to get started.  I've been focused on this all week, especially, because I just can't shake these cold viruses which began pre-Harvoni. Muscle aches, low grade fevers, profound fatigue---yikes.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:15:16 pm by MEG »
Geno 1a. IL28B+ with TT polymorphism.
Diagnosed 1993.
Liver Biopsy 1993 --inflammation.
Fibroscan 2014---no fibrosis.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.
Platelets: 200K range.
Viral load--2 million range.

Began Harvoni on January 23.
Finished 12 week course on April 19.

May 18---4 week EOT labs:
VL: UNDETECTED.
AST: 23
ALT: 22...........These have not been this low throughout treatment and since my 20s.

12 weeks EOT on July 15---Undetected.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.