Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:44:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 126
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 90
Total: 90

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: End of week 8 Updates  (Read 24692 times)

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
End of week 8 Updates
« on: February 02, 2015, 07:27:11 pm »
Hi all,

I thought it would be good to have a shared thread for each time I/We open a new bottle of whatever TX we are on. e.g End of week 4, end of week 8, end of week 12 etc.
That way if someone new wants to see how we were doing during a certain week they could easily find it.  I know many of us are on different weeks but I really think this is something that would be helpful as new people get the opportunity to get TX.

BTW - If you have a different idea throw it out to everyone!

Harvoni - Week 8 just completed

Just as a preface: I am an odd case and due to allergic reactions I was pulled off S/O after 8 of 24 weeks and put on Harvoni for 24 weeks; a total of 32 weeks of treatment.

Today I got quick results from blood work done last Wednesday. I will get the details in writing later this week but they called me with an update. Everything looks great except for one issue: My Ammonia Level is up again, I kind of knew that because the swelling started again. I started with stiff hands, then a ring that has fit me for years wouldn't come off the finger it's always been on. After some coaxing I was able to remove it and realized how swollen I was. This has happened before during treatment, it was about 12 weeks ago when I was still on S/O. I was prescribed a diuretic and also a medication called Xifaxan(Rifaximin) last time and since the level had returned to normal I stopped taking it. Well I am back on it, my extremities are all swollen, feet, hands, toes, fingers, legs, etc.  Besides that I have nothing negative to report in regards to my treatment. I feel clear headed; no headaches, no nausea and full of that lost spark!
Physically somehow I did something and my sciatica is a wreck and I didn't help it much today dealing with snow/sleet mess but it had to be done.

My feedback for everyone:

- Water really helped me get through TX so far with minimal side effects like nausea and headaches
- When you get your spark and all that energy back don't over do it like I did!
- Listen to you body, it's pretty smart and will tell you if you need a nap
- If you have something going, call your doctor for his/her advice. It could be something important he/she needs to know about and help you with
- Absolutely no other meds, vitamins, supplements of any kind without clearing it with your Dr. first.
- not everything wrong with you is due to TX, could be something else going on.

I am looking forward to everyone posts!

Mel
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:26:44 pm by BattleTheBeast »
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline anniemybaby

Re: End of week 8 Updates
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 08:27:02 pm »
Mel I think this thread was a great idea
Annie

Offline Bob V

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 09:30:05 pm »
Today is 8 weeks for me so started bottle 3 today and did labs.

Mel covered the words of wisdom well. But can't stay it enough, keep hydrated.
Male 64
Dx hep non AB 1972, Hep C 1991
GT 1A
VL 3.7m (pre tx)
Liver B 1992, unremarkable
Liver ultrasound 2014, normal
Treatment Interferon 90's x2 failed
Started Harvoni 12/08/2014 (12wks)
Finished Harvoni  3/1/15
5wk lab detected <15
8wk lab UND
EOT lab UND!
12wk post lab UND!
24wk post lab UND!
58wk post lab UND!

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 09:32:19 pm »
Hi Bob being you've been on harvoni 8 wks do you feel any different do you have any side effects
Annie

Offline Bob V

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 10:46:55 pm »
Annie
I still get tired but not as bad as the middle weeks. I don't work but I exercise most days, if I'm feeling too tired I just take the day off and rest. I do nap every afternoon.

PS no headache's since I keep hydrated.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:48:53 pm by Bob V »
Male 64
GT 1A
VL 3.7m (pre tx)
Finished Harvoni  3/1/15
5wk lab detected <15
8wk lab UND
EOT lab UND!
12wk post lab UND!
24wk post lab UND!
58wk post lab UND!

Offline nicole_1234

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 02:16:46 am »
Hi! I'm on week 8 and just got my results. Still UND and my liver panel is great but I do have a bit of anemia. The nurse said it was only slight and I think I can make it the next 3 1/2 weeks without problem. I have taken Floridix in the past for anemia, an herbal iron supplement but she advised me not to take it because they don't know what counteracts with Harvoni. So lots of dark leafy greens and some grass fed steak for me I guess. I think it explains why I was getting dizzy sometimes during exercise.

Anxiety is gone (it was pretty bad week 2 and 3 but faded after I was clear of the virus). I'm  sleeping well. Perhaps a little fatigued at times. Water definitely helps. Been keeping track with a water app on my phone and I can tell the days I drink less I wake up feeling worse.

My brain fog seems a little better, or maybe I am just trying to put less on my plate.

All in all, I'm doing really great and excited I'm almost done with this and pretty positive about it working too!
Genotype 1a
TX interferon/riba 2007 (relapsed)

TX Harvoni 12 week start Dec 3 2014
Starting vl 650,000  ALT 55 AST 63
2 week  vl <15
4 week vl UND
8 week vl UND
12 week EOT ALT 11 AST 18
6 week post tx UND ALT 15 AST 20
12 week post tx UND (CURED!!!!) ALT 11 AST 20
24 week post tx UND ALT 11 AST 18

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 08:33:52 am »
Nicole that water app was a great idea I just downloaded it thanks for the tip
Annie

Offline bridget

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 05:13:17 pm »
My 8 week labs showed the virus at <15 IU mL
The 8 week report did not say UND
My 4 week report did say UND

Offline Bob V

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 09:00:04 pm »
Bridget
I'm sure this is concerning, hugs.
Male 64
GT 1A
VL 3.7m (pre tx)
Finished Harvoni  3/1/15
5wk lab detected <15
8wk lab UND
EOT lab UND!
12wk post lab UND!
24wk post lab UND!
58wk post lab UND!

Offline ma snart

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 10:48:34 am »
FINALLY at week 10 VL UD for Helen
Glad she has 24 week regimen, will be receiving 4th bottle of Harvoni on Saturday.....
It has been a long road and with her developing appendicitis after week 4 she was setback I believe several weeks even though she only missed one dose during a surgery day.
Helen 54 yr old female
Geno 1B since 84 from transfusion
started Harvoni on 11-22-14 with 8.5 million viral
After 8 days 933 viral and normal AST and ALT
Week 10 viral load  UNDETECTED
Week 17    detected 19
Week 18    detected 21
Week 20    UNDETECTED   Doctor did prescribe Ribavirin, but have not taken it yet as we are thinking that weeks 17,18 had to have been mishandled.
All other test have shown normal levels.
Week 21 results  on Tuesday 4-21
Week 4 post Harvoni 24 week plan UNDETECTED!!

Offline bridget

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 04:16:13 pm »
That's great news for Helen, especially after having surgery during treatment  :)

Offline bridget

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 04:19:48 pm »
Bob V,
Yes I am concerned, primarily because I won't have any more labs until treatment is over.  I find it strange that the VL would go up after having been UND.
I just need to be patient, which is not one of my strengths :)

Offline nicole_1234

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 04:44:21 pm »
Congrats to Helen!

Bridget, have you spoken with your doctor? I don't know anything about your status but it is unusual to be undetected and then detected (I believe they call it a breakthrough) on Harvoni while still on treatment.

I would suggest not being patient as much as diligent and getting all the info you can. You should most definitely be UND during treatment to have hope of SVR after treatment and with all the money these drugs cost I can't imagine them not doing to a test to make sure at least at a certain point in your treatment that the virus is no longer detectable again.

Genotype 1a

2 week  vl <15
4 week vl UND
8 week vl UND

Offline bridget

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 08:18:15 pm »
Hi Nicole,
I agree that my #'s have taken a turn in the wrong direction. Stupid virus!
I have been debating about whether to ask my doctor about it. My last labs were end of week 8, next scheduled labs are end of week 12/EOT which is too late to do anything.
Thanks

Offline nicole_1234

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 09:05:42 pm »
Bridget, you should definitely ask! We have to be our own best advocates and you should at least have the conversation and see what they say.

Do take note that even this sites moderator Lucinda was undetected and then detected and then undetected again during treatment and went on to SVR (so I have read). So it could mean nothing since you have 4 more weeks left. But I still think it's ok to ask your doctor anything including this! Maybe they will allow another test to give you peace of mind.
Genotype 1a

2 week  vl <15
4 week vl UND
8 week vl UND

Offline Tpropane

• Heal the past by living in the present.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 12:44:11 am »
Saw my GI doc today. Based on his response to my questions about what I've read here, It seems as tho these apx 8 week breakthroughs from UND to Detected are not entirely uncommon. My doc has 120 patients on Harvoni and who knows how many on Sovaldi + Riba or Viekera Pak + Riba.

He said only one patient failed tx w/harvoni. she was detected at the end of treatment. No way to know all of the facts of why. He also mentioned in the same conversation thread to make sure to schedule delivery of my next bottle at least 10 days before I run out. (Perhaps she had a lapse in tx waiting for a delivery???) Maybe she only got 8 weeks. I don't know the details nor the status of her liver but also thinking her liver was worse than they thought or her tests were old...from 6 months or a year ago? I went swiftly from F-1 after tx for hcv 1a w/boceprovir, to F-4 and cirrhosis in just 3 years. (We didn't follow up after my failing, just waited around for new drugs.) It is just my opinion but I think it is critical to have very recent ultrasound, fibroscan or biopsy to determine the right length of tx.

I'm starting on my 3rd week of of 24 weeks of Harvoni. Completely tolerable, no real side effects so far.

I'm certain the proof of status of my liver helped me get 24 weeks of treatment approved. Sadly they all said the more damage to my liver the more likely I was to get approved by insurance. I was denied 3 times, I appealed 3 times, my doc resent the tests and labs multiple times.  This was just my experience and what I was told. It took me 4 months.

I asked today about adding Riba for stubborn cases and he said he hasn't prescribed riba with Harvoni, ever. I'm keeping that in my tool box. Just in case.
Kill the beast!
Thank you all for your sharing your experience strength and hope here.

Tpropane
Hep C 1A / TT diagnosed 2009
Non Responder Boceprevir/riba/peg 2011
F-4 Cirrhosis
TX Harvoni 24 weeks started 1/20/15
2 week labs VL 174!
4 week labs UNDETECTED !
8 week labs UNDETECTED !

Offline ma snart

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 11:55:35 am »
Tpropane,
Your scenario sounds a lot like my wife Helen's treatment, I believe she also went downhill on the liver quickly as a three year old biopsy showed no cirrhosis, and her recent one was f4, she got the 24 week tx of Harvoni, but after 5 weeks developed a ruptured appendix and missed one dose during a surgery day and viral load seemed to just settle in at <100 for several weeks afterwards, when at week 10 testing finally showed UNDETECTED, we have her tested every two weeks all thru her treatment, I like knowing where she stands, I have noticed that while she was recovering her body was busy trying to cope with infection and this may have caused problems with Harvoni until infections cleared. Good luck with your treatment.
Snart
Helen 54 yr old female
Week 17    detected 19
Week 18    detected 21
Week 20    UNDETECTED   Doctor did prescribe Ribavirin, but have not taken it yet as we are thinking that weeks 17,18 had to have been mishandled.

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 12:08:41 pm »
Ma Snart congratulations to Helen. It was a relief to me when I found out. The drugs do work. Hoping for SVR in her future. Be done with the beast once and for all.

Bridget, Hang in there and make sure you get some clarification from your Doctor.
Best of luck.

Tpropane are you treatment naïve? If so, Harvoni alone is what is recommended.
At least you are in for the full 24 weeks. They put me on 12 wks Harvoni/Riba because of Stage 4 Cirrhosis like you, but a non responder to previous treatments.
Like you said, keep the Riba in your tool box.
Best of luck,

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989
Biopsy-cirrhosis stage 4 2000, no starting VL this round

3 rounds of Int+Rib
(Combo/48wks,Peg/26 Wks,Triple with Incivek/16wks)
UND with Incivek, Relapsed
Started 12 weeks Harvoni and Rib Jan 2nd,2015
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!
EOT at 12 weeks Undetected
EOT at 24 weeks STILL UNDETECTED
Completed TX Mar 26th,2015

EOT plus 4 weeks UNDETECTED
EOT plus 12 weeks UNDETECTED !!!!!!!!!!! I am DONE!

NO LONGER a member of the "WAITING GANG"

Offline Tpropane

• Heal the past by living in the present.
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 12:45:43 pm »
Dear Snart so sorry for Helen. Missing 1 day shouldn't undo everything. I'd love to keep up with her liver improvements after treatment. My doc said an ultrasound/cancer screening right after the 24 weeks are up and every 6 months after that.
Long_Haul. No not treatment naive. It is my understanding that 24 weeks only get prescribed with non-naive & liver damage. But the 31 pages of science and protocol on the Gilead site does say that 12 weeks with riba worked as well as 24 weeks on Harvoni alone.
I don't tolerate riba well. I'm already anemic.
Sending all your livers some love and healing thoughts.
Have a great day all!
Hep C 1A / TT diagnosed 2009
Non Responder Boceprevir/riba/peg 2011
F-4 Cirrhosis
TX Harvoni 24 weeks started 1/20/15
2 week labs VL 174!
4 week labs UNDETECTED !
8 week labs UNDETECTED !

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 03:55:02 pm »
Tpropane, sorry, my bad, I went back and read your post and I'm not sure how I thought you were treatment naïve, must still have some brain fog. :D  I only got slightly anemic from the Ribavirin in the three previous TX, so they put me on it straight away and reduced the therapy to 12 weeks..
I wish you success with the 24 week treatment and hope you go UND again soon and stay that way without the Ribavirin. My GI was surprised that I was UND at 4 weeks considering previous TX results and the stage 4 cirrhosis. I am grateful for how effective Harvoni is.
Wishing you well!
AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989
Biopsy-cirrhosis stage 4 2000, no starting VL this round

3 rounds of Int+Rib
(Combo/48wks,Peg/26 Wks,Triple with Incivek/16wks)
UND with Incivek, Relapsed
Started 12 weeks Harvoni and Rib Jan 2nd,2015
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!
EOT at 12 weeks Undetected
EOT at 24 weeks STILL UNDETECTED
Completed TX Mar 26th,2015

EOT plus 4 weeks UNDETECTED
EOT plus 12 weeks UNDETECTED !!!!!!!!!!! I am DONE!

NO LONGER a member of the "WAITING GANG"

Offline Bob V

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 01:25:13 pm »
Just received my 8wk results, UND! Yay time to use my new Sonic Care tooth brush.

Gotta admit I was a little nervous since my 5wk results were still detected.
Male 64
GT 1A
VL 3.7m (pre tx)
Finished Harvoni  3/1/15
5wk lab detected <15
8wk lab UND
EOT lab UND!
12wk post lab UND!
24wk post lab UND!
58wk post lab UND!

Offline nicole_1234

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 02:50:24 pm »
Great news Bob!!!!! Congrats!
Genotype 1a

2 week  vl <15
4 week vl UND
8 week vl UND

Offline Bob V

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 03:07:39 pm »
Thanks Nicole.
Male 64
GT 1A
VL 3.7m (pre tx)
Finished Harvoni  3/1/15
5wk lab detected <15
8wk lab UND
EOT lab UND!
12wk post lab UND!
24wk post lab UND!
58wk post lab UND!

Offline Islandgirl

• Started Harvoni 12/3/14 - EOT 2/25/15
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2015, 08:07:44 pm »
 :) :) :) :) :) :)CONGRATS, Bob!

I guess our docs don't all test at the same intervals.  I'm on week 10 (tomorrow) and was undetected at week 4 and will not test again until one month after TX end and again 6 months after that.  I started Harvoni on 12/3/14 and will end my 12 wks (treatment naive) on 2/25/15.  It's gonna be hard to wait for those last tests :) but my doc is very positive and I'm trying to stay that way too.  Holding positive thought and prayers for all of us.  ....Islandgirl
1b, treatment naive, positive for Hep C since 1994; thought to be transmitted via blood transfusions in 1976
Started Harvoni 12/3/14, EOT 2/25/15
12/31/14 labs - Virus Undetected, ALT/18, AST/34
3/25/15 labs - 1 mo post 12 wk Harvoni TX Virus Undetected!!  :) ....Islandgirl

Offline bridget

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 08:30:32 pm »
Bob V,
Congratulations on the good news!

Offline Bob V

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 08:39:27 pm »
Island girl
I wasn't scheduled to have labs until EOT but I did some labs for my PCP and noticed that my BUN ratio was high. I called my GI doc and requested another CMP,  since I was getting labs a VL too. This was week 5 and my VL came back detected. I was originally going to have 8wk tx but I got approved for 12wks so I wanted to see if I would of been undetcted at week 8.
If my week 5 labs were undetcted would not have asked for the 8wk lab.

And THANKS
Male 64
GT 1A
VL 3.7m (pre tx)
Finished Harvoni  3/1/15
5wk lab detected <15
8wk lab UND
EOT lab UND!
12wk post lab UND!
24wk post lab UND!
58wk post lab UND!

Offline Bob V

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2015, 08:40:54 pm »
Thanks Bridget
Male 64
GT 1A
VL 3.7m (pre tx)
Finished Harvoni  3/1/15
5wk lab detected <15
8wk lab UND
EOT lab UND!
12wk post lab UND!
24wk post lab UND!
58wk post lab UND!

Offline RiseUp

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2015, 06:41:55 pm »
8 week (2/10) results... undetected!!!  PRAISE THE LORD

Keep the faith fellow warriors :D
started Harvoni 12/17 (12wks)
dx 1997 1a (3,900,000)
infected early 70's
infergen 1997
interferon & riba 1999 and 2000
liver bio 2/4
started riba feb 4th
undetected vl feb 10th
finished 12wks mar 10
extended to 24 weeks

Offline Bob V

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2015, 10:50:05 pm »
RiseUp
Great news!
Male 64
GT 1A
VL 3.7m (pre tx)
Finished Harvoni  3/1/15
5wk lab detected <15
8wk lab UND
EOT lab UND!
12wk post lab UND!
24wk post lab UND!
58wk post lab UND!

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 06:19:08 am »
congrats riseup on your labs, i am in bottle three, no more labs until march 13th (EOT), i feel well overall, somedays great and some days not so much. i am at the "i just want to be done this" stage  :'(

kate

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 04:11:00 am »
Harvoni week 12 labs back. Now starting week 14 with 11 weeks to go.

Week 12 viral load still not detected not surprised as I was already not detected at week 4.

Week 3 on Ribavirin HGB at 9.3 so my doctor asked for a new prescription of Ribavirin to dose reduce from 1200 to 1000 Mg. As all the pills I have are 600 Mg have only been taking 1 a day until Express scripts approves the new prescription.

Had my annual upper endoscopy last Friday. No varicies and only mild portal hypertensive gastropathy.

good luck all
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline Bob V

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2015, 11:08:06 am »
Lynn
Good news on the VL. I hope your HgB goes up with the new RIBA dosing.
Male 64
GT 1A
VL 3.7m (pre tx)
Finished Harvoni  3/1/15
5wk lab detected <15
8wk lab UND
EOT lab UND!
12wk post lab UND!
24wk post lab UND!
58wk post lab UND!

Offline bridget

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2015, 03:29:19 pm »
Hi Lynn,
That is all good news, keep up the good work!

Offline OO7GUY

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2015, 03:51:29 pm »
Well just took my 27pill it will be 4 weeks tomorrow, go get my lab work the 19th! i have my-chart so il get to see the results with in 24 to 48hrs most the time i see it before the doctors, but i do have to admit im alittle nervous. everything going fine it's just i have no sx really. kind of make me think they left the meds out of my pills  :grin:only thing i really feel is if i dont eat enough with the pill my tummy flips around.  other then that and some lose stool it's been a cake walk. oh and ii will be taking my last pill i have tomorrow and im suppose to get my next bottle of pills tomorrow in the mail!  i dont know why they are cutting it so close. now that's nerve wrecking
Diagnosed in 08, 1a first TX 08 was Boceprevir, cleared but relapse while still on TX 2nd TX 2010  Telaprevir nonresponder both combination with PEG/riba. 3 TX Harvoni started 1/22/15 doing 12 weeks finished 04/16/15

Offline ma snart

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2015, 08:13:43 am »
Most insurers will allow you to refill anytime in your last 7 days of previous RX, set a reminder to call and refill early, bad weather could delay and that's not a good scenario.
GL

Snart
Helen 54 yr old female
Week 17    detected 19
Week 18    detected 21

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 11:27:35 am »
agh @ 007guy, i would be crazy waiting that long, i made them send them the first day they could. ask them when is the first date you can refill.

kate

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2015, 12:48:26 pm »
Express scripts lets me refill when I have a 10 day supply last month I kinda "fudged" the dates called at 12 days and said oh yeah I have about 10 days left they wanted to send with one day remaining I said that was cutting it a bit too close so had them send a few days early.

When I recieved the meds because I had fibbed a little I actually had a 10 day supply on hand.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline OO7GUY

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2015, 12:52:02 pm »
i thought i gave them plenty of time, i ordered it on the 7th that gave them 11 days. im going to order them at the end of week 5 this time 21 days before i need them.   8)
Diagnosed in 08, 1a first TX 08 was Boceprevir, cleared but relapse while still on TX 2nd TX 2010  Telaprevir nonresponder both combination with PEG/riba. 3 TX Harvoni started 1/22/15 doing 12 weeks finished 04/16/15

Offline Islandgirl

• Started Harvoni 12/3/14 - EOT 2/25/15
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2015, 06:01:39 pm »
OO7, ask them to check to see if the insurance will approve it when you are on the phone with them, if not, ask what date they will allow it to be filled.  Don'l leave it to chance if it can't be filled right then - you will probably need to call and remind them again that it needs to be sent.  Good luck!  ...Islandgirl
1b, treatment naive, positive for Hep C since 1994; thought to be transmitted via blood transfusions in 1976
Started Harvoni 12/3/14, EOT 2/25/15
12/31/14 labs - Virus Undetected, ALT/18, AST/34
3/25/15 labs - 1 mo post 12 wk Harvoni TX Virus Undetected!!  :) ....Islandgirl

Offline MEG

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2015, 07:27:29 pm »
Lynn, I'm just now seeing that your 12 week vl is undetectable. Yes!!!!

Eventhough you were confident of being undetectable, each piece of good news is valuable for the mind to feast on ;-).
Geno 1a. IL28B+ with TT polymorphism.
Diagnosed 1993.
Liver Biopsy 1993 --inflammation.
Fibroscan 2014---no fibrosis.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.
Platelets: 200K range.
Viral load--2 million range.

Began Harvoni on January 23.
Finished 12 week course on April 19.

May 18---4 week EOT labs:
VL: UNDETECTED.
AST: 23
ALT: 22...........These have not been this low throughout treatment and since my 20s.

12 weeks EOT on July 15---Undetected.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 03:43:18 am »
thanks Meg

Well yes good news is good news and better than bad news to be sure!
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline OO7GUY

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2015, 12:23:30 am »
here's what i got so far: first one is a month before TX and the 2nd one is day 28 on TX. still waiting on Viral Load should come back any day now. my  VL was 2,431,820  a month before i started TX.  so i think sofar so good,   when i first looked at the blood test today i open the old VL test my hart dropped!  till i realized i open the old file       

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20428973/blood%20work.pdf

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.