Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 99
Total: 99

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Returning to fitness.  (Read 9911 times)

Offline joemac

Returning to fitness.
« on: February 21, 2015, 11:22:41 am »
I've just finished 12 weeks rib sovaldi and inerferon and have been off the meds for 4 weeks now but after 2 hours work still seeing stars, getting the shakes and feeling spent. Anyone have similar and how long till back to normal fitness levels I' m 51 and landscape gardener. Thanks.

Offline scott

Re: Returning to fitness.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 01:24:48 pm »
I was on that very treatment. I think results vary from person to person, with me it ebbed away slowly. upon completion I could do minimal work andneeded a great deal of rest and after 2 months or so results were improving exponentially to the point where 6 months later I could perform 2 hour strenuous fitness workouts every other day. Pace yourself and let it happen progressively without over-exertion.
First infected with HCV 197?
Identified as genotype 1a /cirossis
first treated 1999 NR
2009 NR
2012 pegatron / boceprivir 5 months NR
2014 pegatron /sovaldi 3 months non sustaind virologic response
2015 Harvoni/Ribavarin EOT 12 weeks SVR
2016 Harvoni/Ribavarin EOT 24 weeks SVR - undetectable, finally! YAY!!

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 04:06:17 pm »
Hello Joemac. How are you doing now, 2 weeks after your posting? Better, I hope.

I have read in multiple sources that Ribavirin can take up to 6 months to leave the body after end of treatment, and that some degree of Ribavirin side effects can occur throughout that time. (This is why the manufacturer's info on Ribavirin stipulates that women must not become pregnant for at least 6 months after end of treatment - the drug may still be in the body.) My understanding is that Ribavarin leaves the blood and even the cells pretty quickly, but that it lingers in the interstitial spaces/fluid between cells - potentially for months. If it were me (and it may be soon), I would probably be trying techniques that help the body clear toxins more quickly - sweating, saunas, epsom salt baths, exercise, drinking plenty of water. Also anything that aids the lymphatic system in clearing stuff out - movement mainly, and certain Qigong exercises.  I would maybe try foods that have chelation properties like cilantro, onions, garlic. Chelation is for removing heavy metals from body. Not sure if it would be relevant for a drug like Ribavirin.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress!
Kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Mike

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 04:24:34 pm »
A good rule of thumb - for every month on Interferon and Ribavirin - it takes two months to clear all the side effects (12 week tx = 6 months).

I've been on INTF+RIBV twice, and the rule coincides with my experience.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline joemac

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 06:31:50 am »
Thanks Scott Mike and Kim I am feeling stronger now thanks, managing to be active for the whole day and only really suffering after heavy work. I'm laying a patio at the moment but being saved by the weather so far. I can feel the difference with each passing week now which is encouraging but that first month of post treatment limbo was a shock. Thanks for your advice.

Offline scott

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 10:24:10 am »
keep on keeping on as it were! That first month is the worse by far, you will feel better with each passing week! Sunny days are at hand!
First infected with HCV 197?
Identified as genotype 1a /cirossis
first treated 1999 NR
2009 NR
2012 pegatron / boceprivir 5 months NR
2014 pegatron /sovaldi 3 months non sustaind virologic response
2015 Harvoni/Ribavarin EOT 12 weeks SVR
2016 Harvoni/Ribavarin EOT 24 weeks SVR - undetectable, finally! YAY!!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.