Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:11:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How are people on 8 week Harvoni s doing re: SVR?  (Read 108004 times)

Offline MEG

How are people on 8 week Harvoni s doing re: SVR?
« on: February 21, 2015, 04:58:45 pm »
I'm posting this as a place where those of us on 8 weeks of Harvoni can share how we fare re: SVR. I have to say that I am a little nervous even though I do meet the criteria for this shortened regimen. My concern is that I'm 1a---which as all know is the tougher one to SVR. 1b's seem to be doing very well...

Has anyone here been on 8 week regimen of  H long enough to know SVR status?

My day 56 is March 23rd and 4 week post treatment labs on April 21.  12 week post treatment is June 16--my favorite brother's birthday. Hopefully it's a good sign ;-)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:02:08 pm by MEG »
Geno 1a. IL28B+ with TT polymorphism.
Diagnosed 1993.
Liver Biopsy 1993 --inflammation.
Fibroscan 2014---no fibrosis.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.
Platelets: 200K range.
Viral load--2 million range.

Began Harvoni on January 23.
Finished 12 week course on April 19.

May 18---4 week EOT labs:
VL: UNDETECTED.
AST: 23
ALT: 22...........These have not been this low throughout treatment and since my 20s.

12 weeks EOT on July 15---Undetected.

Offline Tiger

Re: How are people on 8 week Harvoni s doing re: SVR?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 11:58:20 am »
Hi, MEG, great idea!
My 8-week EOT is 13 April and then 12 weeks after that would be 6 July - keeping fingers crossed!
Age 53, ♂, dx 2007, 1b, f2,
Jan 2010: VL - 2.7 mil, AST - 33, ALT - 65
Jan 2015: VL - 0.5 mil, AST - 49, ALT - 100
Started 8 weeks of Harvoni on Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Mid-treatment: AST - 21, ALT - 26
Completed TX - Sunday, 12 Apr 2015, EOT VL on 16 April 2015: HCV RNA Not Detected!!! AST - 23, ALT - 35
12 weeks after EOT: 6 July - HCV RNA Not Dectected!!! AST - 27, ALT - 33
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline MEG

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 03:03:53 pm »
Thanks Tiger...best luck to us all!!!!
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

ALT: 22...........These have not been this low throughout treatment and since my 20s.

Offline bsmith9876

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 06:54:28 pm »
Hi All, my 8 weeks is up March 18.  I'm nervous because I've had some crappy health during the 8 weeks....root canal and strep throat...all of which I've had to take other meds.  I'm 1b with a VL @ <400,000.

Generally, I feel better.  A little more energy each day.

Oh well...good luck to us all!!

G 1b

Offline Momof3

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:23:49 pm »
I am also a candidate for the 8 week regimen. It makes me nervous I am 1a and have been infected 29 years. Low viral load minimal to no fibrosis. My end date is April 7 so I am curious to see how this all pans out! I am hopeful! Good luck to us all
Hep c GT 1a from transfusion at birth 1986
Treatment naive
Stage f0-f1 fibroscan score 2.5kpa
Harvoni started 02/11/2015 8 weeks
Baseline VL 689,594 ALT 35 AST 25
2 weeks ALT 13 AST 16
4 weeks VL <15 detected ALT 12 AST 15
 UNDETECTED  at EOT April 7
4 weeks post Harvoni UNDETECTED ALT 10 AST 14
12 weeks post Harvoni UNDETECTED ALT 8 AST 15
24 weeks post Harvoni UNDETECTED ALT 13 AST 18

CURED!!!!

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:47:12 pm »
Hi meg I'm currently waiting on my 4 wk results I should know in a day or 2 I'll let ya know my eot is march 16 I'm excited n nervous all at the same time I'm on the 8 wk treatment low viral load n I do have fibrosis not sure wat stage but no liver damage had a biopsy
Annie

Offline Tiger

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 08:42:55 pm »
bsmith9876 and anniemybaby,
Almost identical situation here: GT1, VL<0.5mil, F2 - just started 2-nd week of 8-week regiment...

So far - great; felt better almost immediately after the first pill and I am most definitely feeling better since then, I can even say progressively (knock on wood, fingers crossed). Nothing negative to report so far and hope it stays that way all the way through. Most importantly hope and pray that this miracle pill rids me of this damn thing... My doc thinks I should be UD 7-10 into treatment - sure hope she's right. EOT - 13 April, 12 weeks post EOT - 6 July.
Wishing SVR to all of us!
Started 8 weeks of Harvoni on Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Mid-treatment: AST - 21, ALT - 26
Completed TX - Sunday, 12 Apr 2015, EOT VL on 16 April 2015: HCV RNA Not Detected!!! AST - 23, ALT - 35
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline MEG

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 12:49:01 am »
Hi Momof3, Annie and Tiger...I'm so glad to hear you are all doing well. I too will be having 4th week on treatment labs on Wednesday(viral load/lft/creatinine)...

However, I did today get my treatment extended from 8 weeks to 12 weeks. Mom, I see that you are 1a. I was feeling increasingly uncomfortable with just an 8 week treatment since historically 1a has been more difficult to treat than 1b. I heard of 2 relapses on another hepC board this w/e and both were 1a....I then looked at the FDA document that described in detail the Ion3 study where they compared 8 weeks and 12 weeks. Although the numbers look like they are just about equal, I felt that the total number of patients in the 8 week cohort was too small to generalize to the general population of us in the real world.   

Indeed, when I looked at the updated(as of January 26) AASLD guidelines for therapy, they said as much.  And so their recommendation for 1a(not 1b) is to do 12 weeks and caution to be used by the physician who prescribes 8 weeks.

My doctor had been out of the country for several weeks and he applied for me back when it was first approved and when the insurance companies were only approving people with cirrhosis. He really went to bat for me to get approved since I have low viral load/no liver disease. He told me today that 8 weeks was all they would approve at that time. Point being that he was not aware of the changes until I pointed them out to him----he ordered the extra 4 weeks, my insurance approved it and the 3rd bottle is on its way. 

He did emphasize that I'm improving my chances of SVR by only 3%. 97%on 12 weeks vs. 94% on 8 weeks...my sense is that because it was such a small number of patients on 8 weeks in the study who were carefully selected for success(as in all clinical trials where a company wants their drug to succeed), and the lack of in-depth monitoring in the "real world" that clinical trials have, that for 1a's we will see lower rates of success than was shown in the trials----pure conjecture on my part and I may be wrong.

All this said, I recommend anyone with 1a to check in with their doctor to explore the option of the 12 week course to absolutely give us the best chance at a cure...Your doctor knows the details of your particular parameters and health  and he/she may decide to stay with 8 weeks---but I think we owe it to ourselves to let them know about the updated guideline and take it from there..

Here is the link and a description of the AASLD guidelines.

http://www.hcvguidelines.org/full-report/initial-treatment-hcv-infection

Post hoc analyses of the 2 RBV-free arms assessed baseline predictors of relapse and identified lower relapse rates in patients receiving 8 weeks of ledipasvir/sofosbuvir who had baseline HCV RNA levels below 6 million IU/mL (2%; 2 of 123), and was the same for patients with similar baseline HCV RNA levels who received 12 weeks (2%; 2 of 131). This analysis was not controlled and thus substantially limits the generalizability of this approach to clinical practice. Shortening treatment to less than 12 weeks should be done with caution and performed at the discretion of the practitioner

Wishing us all SVR and continued mild to no side effects!

Hugs everyone. I'm so glad I found you and this board.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:01:08 am by MEG »
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Moregrits

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 08:29:40 am »
Thanks, Meg, for the helpful information re the latest AASLD guidelines for 1a. I am glad to know this going in for midpoint labs for what was initiated as an 8 week regime. I'd welcome an extension to 12, especially since I have been feeling good on Harvoni. For many years I was a bit fatalistic about my HCV after my husband's miserable year of interferon and ribavirin (and mine) and relapse. Now it is entirely conceivable that we will put this disease behind us soon! All the best to you all.

Offline charly8

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 09:14:39 am »
Good move MEG.  Harvoni is such a walk in the park compared to the previous treatments, an additional 4 weeks should be easy. 

If you had been previously treated and relapsed, you would be going 12 weeks.  But how does one know if you would have relapsed?  There is no data to say one way or another because you were never treated.  The standard protocol for treatment is just based on getting approximately 95% cure rate.   I would be very nervous about going 8 weeks as well.
1a, VL  1.05 Mil, ALT 47
Fibrosure F3 December 2014
Fibroscan F0-F1 March 2015
1995 INT & RYB -non-responder
2007 PEGIN & RYB 72 weeks tx - partial responder relapsed
1/23/15 Started Harvoni 12 weeks, EOT 4/17
2 week blood work -  <15 Und. (ALT 25)
4 week blood work - <15 Und. (ALT 29)
2/20/15 added RYB (4 weeks into 12 of tx)
8 week blood work - <15 Und. (ALT 23)
(EOT) 12 week blood work - <15 Und.
4wk POST tx VL - Und. (ALT16, AST 17)

Offline MEG

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 02:59:27 pm »
Thanks moregrits and charly,

Indeed, we are so lucky to be treated with a drug that is like a sugar pill by comparison to the difficult treatments of the past. I give thanks every evening when I take my dose.

Ya, charly, we just don't know---although, I do think those with 1b, low viral loads, minimal liver fibrosis can take heart because they've historically done much better than 1a's....there's something about this particular variant and the hosts who carry it(us) that makes it more resistant.

It will take time for the scientists to sift through why some folk fail and others don't....For example, in the trials, when they tested for NS5A and NS5B mutations, an overwhelming majority of people with them still got SVR...but the few who did relapse did have the mutations. What to make of this? I'm sure they're working on that question right now...

Peace and a healing day to all...I have a bummer of a sinus headache...ouch...I think it's time to go on antibiotics. This "cold" has gone on too long.
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Moregrits

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 03:05:46 pm »
Just a suggestion for avoiding antibiotic Rx; try using a neti pot with saline and guafenesin tabs. I have  managed my sinus infections for the past couple of years with these and avoided antibiotics. Generic guafenesin is much cheaper than the brand name, and does not seem to have any drug interaction problems.

Offline MEG

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 03:12:14 pm »
Thanks Moregrits. It's rare---years? since I've been on antibiotics. I've been nursing this cold that sometimes impacts my sinuses since October.

I am concerned about the neti pot. I've used one for years and then stopped. There were some studies that came out that indicated we may be at risk of spreading the organism high up into our craniums? I'll have to see if I can find more information.  Yet, many people like yourself do fine on it...Perhaps some folk were not using it correctly....
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Moregrits

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 03:15:20 pm »
The problems stemmed from using contaminated tap water. I boil water in the kettle or use distilled. Sea salt and a pinch of baking soda to buffer works well. Good luck!

Offline MEG

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 03:16:39 pm »
Hi Moregrits...indeed it was misuse...some folk were using plain tap water? Ouch...I always boiled mine or used distilled when I forgot to restock.

Thanks for the reminder!

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm316375.htm
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline MEG

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 03:17:07 pm »
So sorry. Didn't see your reply before I posted...
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Mrmulligan

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 12:39:49 am »
I started 8 week protocol on January 16, tomorrow ends 6 weeks--two left to go!!  I had a Viral count of 2.2 Million and at 4 weeks it was down to 38! I have had no side effects that I can pinpoint as a result of Harvoni. I have had the odd headache or intestinal stuff but I truly believe it was a result of poor diet choices the day before, not Harvoni, because it was short lived. It's been amazingly easy. I feel better sustained energy each day, in that I am still awake later in the evening and feeling good.

I feel so blessed to have this option compared to others that were offered. I have not taken any treatment til now, and am very optimistic that the last four weeks  will knock out the remaining 38 from my viral count. I will be relieved to get the six month score, but am optimistic that I will fit into the 96% and be done with it forever. I got it in a blood transfusion 32 years ago. The way I'm feeling now I realize what I have been missing all these years, but rather than be angry about that, I'm excited at what is yet to be. I am 62 years old.

Offline MEG

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 05:04:04 pm »
Thanks so much for sharing, Mrmulligan and that your VL is down to 38 at 4 weeks! woooo!

Are you 1a or 1b? Can I ask how your AST/ALT were at the 4 week mark compared to pretreatment?

I just had my 4 week  on-treatment VL and LFT's. Won't know until next week about the VL. Although my LFT's did great 2 weeks in(cut in 1/2 and within normal range for the first time since pre getting sick in the 90s), I was hoping to see them drop even further---Lynn reassured me to calm down...She's so right.

SVR for all! I should make this my sig...;-)
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline MEG

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 08:51:08 pm »
UNDETECTABLE @4 weeks! 

You were right, Lynn...Thanks again for your support this past 24 hours...

Apparently, they do their hcv viral load batch on Thursdays..will file that one away...
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Mrmulligan

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 09:06:41 pm »
Hi Meg: I am a 1b. My liver enzymes were not that extreme, just slightly above normal. I don't have numbers in front of me to say exactly, but from just above normal pre treatment, they were well in the normal range two weeks in. It didn't take long to bring everything into a good range.

Today I finished 6 weeks, 14 pills to go!! I have a positive spirit that these days will soon be behind me/us forever!!

I got my HCV in a blood transfusion in 1983.

Offline MEG

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 09:13:43 pm »
How wonderful, Mrmulligan, that your liver was not greatly impaired. You are down the homestretch! Take heart knowing that 1b's have been doing excellent...

I got it in a blood transfusion 32 years ago. The way I'm feeling now I realize what I have been missing all these years, but rather than be angry about that, I'm excited at what is yet to be. I am 62 years old.

I received mine from a blood transfusion in the 70s(treating cancer) and indeed, it's easy to go to that place of "what I've missed all these years." But, I also have gained so much in other ways because of this virus. Again, but....I am happy to escort it to the past.

All the best,
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Bituman

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 09:28:40 pm »
UNDETECTABLE @4 weeks! 

You were right, Lynn...Thanks again for your support this past 24 hours...

Apparently, they do their hcv viral load batch on Thursdays..will file that one away...

MEG, congrats on those good results, awesome!  Now clean and lube that chain and air up those tires...then ride long to build base, then speed work, then hills for strength, then RACE! 

Bob
Age = 59, male, infected likely 1975
DX 07/07 GT 1a
Biopsy 2007:  GR 1, stage 0, HAI = 2/18
Since 2007:  1.48 MM < VL < 11 MM, avg = 5.64 MM
IL28B=CT
1/26/15, AST=43, ALT=55, VL=3.59 MM
2/5 Start Harvoni 12 weeks; Treat naive
2/20 AST=29, ALT=24, VL=59
3/6 AST=29, ALT=25, VL<15
3/19 AST=24, ALT=22, VL=undet
4/3 AST=29, ALT=25, VL=undet
4/30 EOT, AST=22, ALT=20, VL=undet
5/29 EOT+4, AST=20, ALT=19, VL=undet SVR
7/24 EOT+12, AST=23, ALT=18, VL=undet SVR
10/16 EOT+24, AST=22, ALT=17, VL=undet SVR

Offline chaser

• We are all damaged in our own exquisite way, no?
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 09:56:24 pm »
Day 9 of an 8 week regimen. Some headaches and some jittery feelings. I sleep less and take my pill in the morning and a few days just went back to sleep for an hour or so, I'm retired, so I do not have to perform for anyone. Some scattered times of the day but I'm 64. I do feel something going on inside me, if that makes sense to you. Hard to put a finger on, but I feel better. Knowing that I'm finally able to treat this with a combo of drugs that does not beat you up, probably helps. I was about 30 seconds from an Interferon regimen before I backed out years ago. Heard of something over the horizon. It's here. Best of luck everyone. I'll be back at week 4 with test results. Love one another. Practice makes perfect.

Offline MEG

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 03:05:33 pm »
Thanks Bob!

Now clean and lube that chain and air up those tires...then ride long to build base, then speed work, then hills for strength, then RACE! 

Great advice. I tend to go full steam ahead.

Now if I can only rid myself of this cold/sinus infection, I'll be flying. Actually, getting on antibiotics later today when my PCP consults with the hepatologist...

Stay healthy and keep on riding!
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline MEG

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 03:08:30 pm »
Best of luck, Chaser....I'm into week 5 and honestly, my cold(that I and preHarvoni) has caused much more distress than any of the side effects.

The advice by folk here to drink fluids(coffee doesn't count as it's a diuretic) is spot on. Any dull headache, nausea is relieved by drinking water or tea or soup. I try to mix the fluids up.

Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline bsmith9876

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 05:31:42 pm »
good news, Meg.  High Five!
G 1b

Offline MEG

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 06:51:06 pm »
Thanks so much, bsmith. High-five back at ya!
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Katie

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 02:00:22 am »
Hi meg I'm currently waiting on my 4 wk results I should know in a day or 2 I'll let ya know my eot is march 16 I'm excited n nervous all at the same time I'm on the 8 wk treatment low viral load n I do have fibrosis not sure wat stage but no liver damage had a biopsy

Hi Annie,  I haven't seen you on here for awhile so I searched for you and found this post and was wondering how you are doing.  Hope all is OK. 

I went in for my 12 week blood test today and am anxious but feeling good.  It is a bit hard not having anymore pills to take.  Weird as I figured I would be really happy to be finished with them but I guess I lost my security blanket since they've made me feel so much better than before treatment.  Will have my results in a week.  Fingers crossed.  Hope your test came out successful!

Take care and be well.

Katie
1 year post treatment blood work done and I am FREE!
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
VL 2.6 million (fluctuated from 2-16 million during the 9 years)
Started Tx 12/4/2014 for 12 weeks
4 week blood work  Detected 59 IU/mL
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
7.5 weeks post  Undetected
16 week post Undetected
24 WEEK POST UNDETECTED (I made it)
Waiting to feel good but feeling blessed!
12 month post treatment.  All blood work absolutely perfect! VL, as expected UNDETECTED!

Offline chaser

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 11:16:23 am »
Thanks  Meg. Best of luck to you also and everyone else who is fighting and has fought this. I also caught a sore throat and head cold the day before my first pill and that too has been more of a cause of discomfort that any Harvoni negatives. I do drink plenty of purified water and grape and apple juice ans iced tea. I am less achy but do get headaches. My attitude has been mostly good, had a bad last two days, woke up today feeling much more upbeat. Harder to get to sleep and sleeping less. Bottom line is this drug combo is amazing considering the heartache and pain the other regimens offered. I find more and more advertising on Hep C and that is a good thing as far as pushing the facts of a successful treatment being available to the public. As usual the fight is with the insurance industry. That is another debate. I always operated on the " so far, so good" premise. So far, so good!

Offline MEG

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 04:12:18 pm »
Thanks Chaser...

I find more and more advertising on Hep C and that is a good thing as far as pushing the facts of a successful treatment being available to the public.

Indeed, it's a good thing. As screening programs broaden many people will be spared having to get really sick in order to be treated.  I'm so grateful for all thousands of people(including those on the thankless assembly lines making sure our bottles are filled and sealed correctly) that were part of making Harvoni and continue to work on solving HCV's vexing questions...
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline bridget

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 09:02:12 pm »
Chaser, just a comment on your juice intake. My supplemental instructions from Kaiser Permanente said to limit sugar to no more than 6 teaspoons a day. I can't find any mention in the Harvoni Prescribing Information, so I don't know where they got that from. But, you may want to ask your doctor.

Offline chaser

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 12:35:00 pm »
Chaser, just a comment on your juice intake. My supplemental instructions from Kaiser Permanente said to limit sugar to no more than 6 teaspoons a day. I can't find any mention in the Harvoni Prescribing Information, so I don't know where they got that from. But, you may want to ask your doctor.
Thank you Bridget. I went over a list of interactions and what I am or could take while under treatment with my liason. Sugar was never mentioned, but I have no issues with sugar or diet. Do you? I too cannot find any info on why sugar would be limited. Your doctor may have his rational, but I cannot read about it anywhere. I will be in contact with them shortly and will ask. First I heard that.

Offline bridget

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 04:03:12 pm »
I don't have any issues with sugar. The instructions were not from my doctor, but an insert in the package with the prescription.  You might ask your doctor, but I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 04:45:51 am »
I'm coming up on my 6 wk mark and still didn't get the results of my 4 wk blood test but I got an unusual email from speciality pharmacy saying there waiting on my call for my next shipment of harvoni as far as I know I have no other shipment unless Dr decided to do 12 wks instead if 8 but I would think they'd notify me I've called Dr numerous times in the past week to get my results and there always busy ???
Annie

Offline Mrmulligan

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 04:48:13 pm »
I am almost 7 weeks into the 8 week protocol, but today talked it over with the nurse and we decided together that since I have insurance already covered for 12 weeks, and since I still had a viral count at 4 weeks, why not go ahead and do the 12 weeks and give it that extra shot!! I have had no side effects per se, maybe a little fatigue but not dragging...so since it's going well, since it's already funded, I'm going to just go for it and not have to re apply later should 8 weeks not be quite enough!!!  A change in my thinking, but I'm good with it. I was counting down, had 9 pills to go, now I have 36 to go!!!! Done just in time for golf season!!!
My Viral load was 2.2 Mil and at 4 weeks was 38. That was three weeks ago, and it may be undetectable now, but we will do another test for at at the end of 12 weeks to verify!!

Offline pmm

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 06:53:12 pm »
I finished my 8 week course February 20, got my EOT blood test on February 23 and I will find out results of that next Tuesday March 10. My 4 week blood test came back UD but my ammonia level was way up which scared me. At 4 1/2 weeks I started getting high blood pressure which I had never had before but all things considered it was really pretty easy treatment. My SVR date is May 20. Good luck to all!
Pattie
Genotype 1b; VL 4103970; AST 37, ALT 28;
FibroSURE: .18  F0
dx 1995; tx naive
Started Harvoni 12/27/14

Offline hope4cure

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 08:05:45 pm »
I finish my 8 week treatment on 3/12/15. So far my 4 week labs showed not detected anymore! So far so good as that is concerned. 3/13/15 will be my 8 week lab and my doctor seems super confident that the results will be the same. Then on to the the long 12 week wait for my final lab test. I have experienced fatigue throughout most of the treatment and these past few days have been the worst, but it's almost over and such a small price to pay.

I will say I have Kaiser insurance and everyone has been great with all my questions/concerns.

Offline MEG

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 09:04:18 pm »
@Annie  Hmm. Have you learned anything more about the Harvoni delivery? Have you had luck getting a hold of your doctor for your lab results? I'd keep calling. They're probably fine or else they'd be calling with bad news, but we have a right to know within a reasonable amt of time what our results are.
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline MEG

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 09:07:16 pm »
@Mrmulligan

so since it's going well, since it's already funded, I'm going to just go for it

That's great to hear this. Esp since you still had a few stubborn ones circulating at 4 weeks...It's such a gift to be on this medicine that is so expensive yet have insurance and or Gilead helping people get treated...Good luck and onward to golf hep-C-free!
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2015, 06:13:59 am »
@hope4cure, i finish my 12 weeks on the 12th also, so ready to be done and have spring right around the corner  8)

kate

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 07:16:42 pm »
@Annie, You should give the Pharmacy a call. I have Express Scripts and they use Accredo. The routine I have to do is call and identify myself, and schedule the specific day they are to deliver the Harvoni to me. If you get the Harvoni from your DR's office, then I would make sure they call to get their end done to get the next bottle for you in time.

@Hope4cure and @Kate, I finish up my 12 weeks of Harvoni/Riba on the 26th and has my Undetected result repeated at 8 weeks. Best of luck to you and @Kate0bi and making SVR12/24. Sure wish this sub-zero weather In the Northeast would get done already.

Best Wishes,

AL

Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989
Biopsy-cirrhosis stage 4 2000, no starting VL this round

3 rounds of Int+Rib
(Combo/48wks,Peg/26 Wks,Triple with Incivek/16wks)
UND with Incivek, Relapsed
Started 12 weeks Harvoni and Rib Jan 2nd,2015
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!
EOT at 12 weeks Undetected
EOT at 24 weeks STILL UNDETECTED
Completed TX Mar 26th,2015

EOT plus 4 weeks UNDETECTED
EOT plus 12 weeks UNDETECTED !!!!!!!!!!! I am DONE!

NO LONGER a member of the "WAITING GANG"

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2015, 06:24:13 am »
@al, hey I thought we might never hear from you again lol, i assume you are still shoveling out. I thought we were done until yesterday  ???

6 days for me and 20 for you, sooooo done with winter and pills  ;) are you feeling well?

kate

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2015, 09:13:11 am »
@Kate, A lot of fatigue and some leg rash from the Riba.  Some days I'm fine and think it's OK only to crash hard the next day. Still drinking a lot of water and eating well. I will be ready to stop taking meds after the 26th. Nowhere near as traumatic a treatment as I have done in the past, but it does eventually wear you down. I still come on here to get my daily boost, but have been too tired to post much.

The weather has me out and about, I have most of my yard surrounded by towering walls of snow, 13' high and 20-25' in depth. Just today we noticed that the usual spring sign of the snow loss at the base of trees is now starting. It is suppose to be in the 40s a couple of days next week and then drop down again to 10 or 20.

@Annie, I hope you got the next delivery set up OK.

We will all beat this dragon at some point, I hope it is sooner than later for everyone.

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989

3 rounds of Int+Rib
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!

Offline hope4cure

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2015, 03:16:54 pm »
Best of luck to you Kate, we only have 6 more pills to go! I'm kind of struggling to the finish line, but I will finish strong and we will all beat this.

I can't wait for the fatigue to be over with. I don't like having to wait 12 weeks for the final results. I know we all have a real good chance at beating this, just waiting so long to find out might drive me crazy.

On a different note, I can't believe the weather some of you have to deal with. Heck, 65 degrees feels cold to me. I sure wish you could bring some of that snow minus the cold  ;D my way since here in Southern California we are in a pretty bad drought. Good luck to you in the snow.

Offline Katie

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2015, 06:02:23 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I picked up a copy of my EOT test results and spoke to the nurse and am STILL Detected less than 12 IU/mL.  Disappointing to say the least, but my battle is far from over.  I have a doctor appointment next Thursday.  I just stopped by the office for the results today as I didn't want to wait another week.  All of my other blood work is perfect, which is good news.

During week 9 & 10, when horrible fatigue hit me and depression (which I've NEVER had before) I felt something wasn't going right as I felt so good for the first 8 weeks.  Weeks 11 & 12 I felt back to being my happy self and accomplished a lot on my remodel.  Who knows.  The nurse said she would call and speak to Gilliead to figure out what the next step is and would have the information on Thursday.  I did pose some questions for her to ask.

I am having some discomfort in the liver area, and I wear down fast.  Another thing I noticed is my eyes look tired and like they do when I am sick so stuif is still going on even though I feel so much better.  I really hate this alien monster parasite!

She reminded me that this is such a new drug that everyone is learning and this is NOT considered a treatment failure at this point.

So there it is!  I am going to finish the last of my trim today and do some cleanup as the carpenter will be back on Monday.  I must keep busy and progress is good.  This is just a small step backwards but it will all work out!

I am hoping all of you coming to the end of treatment have good results and know I will be right behind you as we will succeed!

You aren't rid of me yet!   ;)

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected
12 month post treatment.  All blood work absolutely perfect! VL, as expected UNDETECTED!

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2015, 07:01:48 pm »
@Katie, So sorry to hear that you are getting a result of still detected. Hang in there, your body is still working. I hope they test it again and you show Undetected. We are all pulling for you.

All the best, sending along hugs and energy for you to fight through this,

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989

3 rounds of Int+Rib
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!

Offline Katie

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2015, 12:56:34 am »
Thanks Al.  I am looking forward to seeing my doctor Thursday, because I am not sure the information given by the nurse was really accurate.

I'll keep everyone informed on what he says.

Take care and may everyone enjoy the weekend and keep the faith.  We will beat this alien monster!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline JoeK9999

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2015, 06:17:14 am »
Katie,
Remember what Gilead told Paul aka Dragonslayer. <25 was their measure of SVR
during the trials.
We are all nervous about this. I have 5 more weeks before I get the 12 EOT test
and I worry every day. I never took a test at the EOT.
Hang in there! it ain't over yet.

JoeK
Diagnosed July 1995 - Genotype 1a
Think I have I had since the early 70's
Prior to Harvoni treatment:
VL 3.8 million AST/ALT 40/56
Mild inflammation, no fibrosis
Treatment naive

Started Harvoni 10/23/2014 for 12 weeks
11/20/2014  HCV RNA Qual - Detected
Last Day of Harvoni 01/15/2015
04/08/15 - 12 week post harvoni VL test - Not Detected
07/05/15 - 24 week post harvoni VL test - Not Detected
01/19/16 - 1 Year  post harvoni VL test - Not Detected
AST/ALT 22/22
CURED!!

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2015, 07:25:06 am »
morning everyone, @al and hope4cure, i know what you guys mean, some days i feel like I'm on top of the world and by afternoon I'm crashing fast. I want to be done so bad but am so nervous about being done if that makes sense. I am also over winter and could use some sun and warm (hope4cure you can have ALL the snow) it took me an hour to get 10 miles home from work the other day in it.
 al, its hard to see where the dog is in the yard for the snow banks lol, my husband makes her a circle with the snow blower, i can't even wait to see how bad it will look (hard to clean up poop when you can't find it lol).

@katie, I'm crying for you but not giving up hope, I'm anxious for your appt on thursday. I want to know what the options will be and the thoughts of how long this stays in your body (half life) and what the next steps should be. for instance do you do another 8/12 weeks does it keep working on its own do you add riba, i know this is messy but I'm trying to get my thoughts down before i lose them. since we are the real world test patients how will this change protocol (like lab draws and such)

kate

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2015, 06:16:05 pm »
I'm still currently waiting on my results had my 4 wk n 6 wk blood work n still they haven't got back to me I've called numerous times n left messages I'm on my last 2wks of my 8 wks of harvoni as soon as I find out my results I will post
Annie

Offline Katie

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2015, 06:52:13 pm »
Hi Annie,  Is it possible for you to stop into the doctor's office and ask for copies?  Even though I have an appointment on this coming Thursday to go over my results with the doctor, I went to the office this past Friday to get my results and spoke to the nurse.  I like having my results prior to seeing the doctor so I can think about what to ask if I have questions.  I pick up ALL of my test results, no matter what they are such as my x-rays, MRI's ultrasounds and blood work.  Having my own records in hard copy is very convenient when I see my other health care professionals, such as Physical Therapists or Chiropractor/Acupuncturist.

Hope you are feeling better and I am sure if you had your results it would take care of the stress you are feeling.  In fact, I'd tell the doctor office exactly that.  Stress does damage and you don't need that.

Hope everyone is enjoying this Sunday.  Nice day here with a bit of fog and moist air about 54 degrees.

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2015, 07:02:07 pm »
Thanks Katie I haven't seen my GI Dr since I started harvoni my 2 wk labs were normal they didn't check my viral load now the 4 wk test had it all I spoke to nurse on the phone she said they got everything back except my viral load which has me crazy
Annie

Offline Katie

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2015, 07:03:58 pm »
Hi Joe, and yes I do remember that...and the sensitivity for my test was <12 IU/ML, but it was still detected, and seeing that word is troubling.  It basically JUMPED off the page when I looked at it. 

I also found a statement in a Gilead report on the trials where in the trials they always did 2 tests where the first one could give a detected result and come back as UD on the 2nd test.  I am not giving up and know it is just something else to deal with.  I just want to get on with my life and put this bio-hazard segment behind me.  HA!  AND if the alien buggers are still present, I'd rather know now than wait another 3 months to find out.

I figure it is just really important for us to share all information and have our results documented.  I did email Gilead some questions and hope they respond tomorrow.  I will let you guys know their response when I hear from them.

The really exciting and good news is, I got everything ready for the carpenter who is coming tomorrow to finish up the trim and hang my closet doors, and after getting rid of all dust and paint cans, frog tape, plastic, step ladders etc, I'll be able to start to organize my life again!  Now that will improve my disposition!

I'll keep you all posted!  WE WILL WIN!

Katie

Glad I read this over after I posted.  Lots of typos!   :P

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:08:02 pm by Katie »
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline Katie

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2015, 07:24:11 pm »
Annie:That would drive me crazy too.  If you have a GP who is easier to get in touch with, I'd call them and see if they could request a copy.  I think specialists respond to other doctor's requests faster!

Good luck.

Katie
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:27:19 pm by Katie »
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline JoeK9999

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2015, 07:33:01 am »
Katie,
Yes I aggree. If it were me I would go get another test too soon,
and I will be praying for your UND result.
My thoughts are that some of those bugs linger around even though they
are not able to replicate and then finally die off. It's a big learning process for all of us. Keep up the good spirits. We are all in this together!
Treatment naive

AST/ALT 22/22
CURED!!

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2015, 05:35:30 pm »
@katie what joe says  ;)

kate

Offline hope4cure

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2015, 03:02:28 pm »
Today is day 56 and my last pill for me. Seems like I just started it and being so nervous about forgetting to take the pill each day. All in all, I only had fatigue to deal with, which is not all that bad in the grand scheme of things.

It will be a weird feeling tomorrow when I don't reach for the bottle for a pill at 7:15 in the morning. Heck, I even called the doc yesterday just to make sure today was my last day.

I go for my week 8 lab test tomorrow and should have results next week. Then the 84 day countdown begins. June 5th can't come fast enough for me.

Good luck to everyone. I will post my final results when the time comes.

Offline Momof3

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2015, 03:18:25 pm »
Congrats hope4cure on completing treatment! I see we both have had this disease our entire lives! I am in 8 weeks too. I just got my 4 week bloodwork done so patiently waiting for those results! It's funny because you started on my birthday... And your 12 week EOT is my sons b day! I wish you all the best! Can't wait to hear your "cured". My EOT day is April 7 so 26 days left. I'm feeling fine and keeping up with all my kiddos so that makes things easier!!
Treatment naive
2 weeks ALT 13 AST 16

CURED!!!!

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2015, 12:19:37 am »
I finally got my results for my 4 wk test UNDECTABLE  :D Sundays my last day on harvoni
Annie

Offline Katie

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2015, 12:24:32 am »
WAY TO GO ANNIE!  YAY! You just made my day and I needed some good news.  I am doing the HAPPY DANCE with you!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline apache

« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2015, 03:39:42 am »
Hi Meg,

Thanks for posting the details on the justification you and your dr. used to extend your Harvoni Rx to 12 weeks.   I've been reading the document you referred to:
     http://www.hcvguidelines.org/full-report/initial-treatment-hcv-infection

and like you posted, it does indeed say:
However, relapse rates were higher in the 8-week arms (20 of 431) regardless of RBV use compared with the 12-week arm (3 of 216). Post hoc analyses of the 2 RBV-free arms assessed baseline predictors of relapse and identified lower relapse rates in patients receiving 8 weeks of ledipasvir/sofosbuvir who had baseline HCV RNA levels below 6 million IU/mL (2%; 2 of 123), and was the same for patients with similar baseline HCV RNA levels who received 12 weeks (2%; 2 of 131). This analysis was not controlled and thus substantially limits the generalizability of this approach to clinical practice. Shortening treatment to less than 12 weeks should be done with caution and performed at the discretion of the practitioner.

But what's puzzling to me is what aspect of the analysis was not "controlled"?  It seems like a very odd way to phrase things.   If they mean  "the relapse analysis did not differentiate between genotype 1a vs 1b relapsers", why didn't they just say that?   

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks in advance.

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2015, 05:51:01 am »
Thanks katie it feels like forever since I felt normal these last few weeks on harvoni had me very sick to my stomach I can honestly say I'm looking forward to my last pill Sunday I'm extremely happy with my results but I know I'm not free n clear till my 6 month blood test I'm finally going back to work and getting my life back I wish everyone the best of luck :)
Annie

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2015, 09:13:09 am »
>>However, relapse rates were higher in the 8-week arms (20 of 431) regardless of RBV use compared with the 12-week arm (3 of 216<<

That's an undifferentiated result and  not really a representative number to use since  the 8 wk regimen is only supposed to be prescribed for those with Viral Load  < 6mil who are treatment naive and non cirrhotic, and that 20/431 number includes ALL patients treated with 8 wks in the trial regardless of qualifying characteristics.   Once you look at the number of relapsers  in the treatment naive, non cirrhotic, with VL < 6mil, the relapse number is very close to that of the 12 wk group.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 09:16:03 am by dragonslayer »
Paul

DX 2008
Started Harvoni 11/26/14 for 8 wks
Completed 8 wks Harvoni 01/20/15
EOT RNA Quant result:  Detected 29
7.5 wk post tx: Detected < LLOQ(12)
11 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR12
24 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR24; AST 26; ALT 22; ALP 73
48 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR48; AST 18; ALT 18; ALP 70
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil
2008 bpx: Stage&Grade 0
2013 bpx: Stage&Grade: 0-1
IL28B: TT
likely infected early '70s

Offline apache

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2015, 11:55:10 am »
>>However, relapse rates were higher in the 8-week arms (20 of 431) regardless of RBV use compared with the 12-week arm (3 of 216<<

That's an undifferentiated result and  not really a representative number to use since  the 8 wk regimen is only supposed to be prescribed for those with Viral Load  < 6mil who are treatment naive and non cirrhotic, and that 20/431 number includes ALL patients treated with 8 wks in the trial regardless of qualifying characteristics.   Once you look at the number of relapsers  in the treatment naive, non cirrhotic, with VL < 6mil, the relapse number is very close to that of the 12 wk group.

Sorry, I'm not sure what your point is.
The sentence you quoted is being used by the AASLD (American Association for the Study of Liver Disease) in their report, in the very paragraph where the AASLD advises caution for relying on the Gilead analysis which showed 8 weeks were as good as 12 (for treatment naive, non cirrhotic, with VL < 6mil)

Let's look at the AASLD quote again, this time in the complete context of the rest of the AASLD's paragraph:

However, relapse rates were higher in the 8-week arms (20 of 431) regardless of RBV use compared with the 12-week arm (3 of 216). Post hoc analyses of the 2 RBV-free arms assessed baseline predictors of relapse and identified lower relapse rates in patients receiving 8 weeks of ledipasvir/sofosbuvir who had baseline HCV RNA levels below 6 million IU/mL (2%; 2 of 123), and was the same for patients with similar baseline HCV RNA levels who received 12 weeks (2%; 2 of 131). This analysis was not controlled and thus substantially limits the generalizability of this approach to clinical practice. Shortening treatment to less than 12 weeks should be done with caution and performed at the discretion of the practitioner.

So it appears that the AASLD are saying that your statement:
Once you look at the number of relapsers  in the treatment naive, non cirrhotic, with VL < 6mil, the relapse number is very close to that of the 12 wk group.

is misleading (falsely optimistic), because Gilead's report left out one key control variable:  what percentage of the relapsers (in the 8 week and 12 weeks arms) were GT1a vs GT1b?   This is a "big deal" because, as Meg pointed out, historically GT1a is significantly harder to treat than GT1b, and (we're assuming) that explains the AASLD's concluding sentence:
This analysis was not controlled and thus substantially limits the generalizability of this approach to clinical practice. Shortening treatment to less than 12 weeks should be done with caution and performed at the discretion of the practitioner.

In other words, it could be the case that all of the relapsers on the 8 week protocol ( treatment naive, non cirrhotic, with VL < 6mil) were GT1a.   In which case, it would seem prudent for GT1a's to always go with 12 weeks of Harvoni.

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2015, 06:39:51 pm »
Apache... Take a look at Gilead's FDA filing document, specifically table 33.. It becomes  a statistical morass to try and weed some of these factors out.. To wit, while its true that more 1As relapsed than 1Bs on 8 wks of treatment and had better results with 12wks, the results are still 95% or better on the 8wks..  And when you consider that weight, age, sex, BMI,  IL28B status and a host of  other characteristics also influence the results, conclusions are harder to draw..  But in the end, I agree that 12 wks is likely the safer path to go with even for those who fit the 8wk criteria.. Im sure that most doctors are doing a cursory reading of the prescribing document at best and are doing many of their patients a disservice by prescribing 8 wks for the group for whom it was intended when 12 wks is likely the safer way to go.  Its a point Ill surely be hammering home with my doc at my appt in april.   BTW, Im sure that the  likelihood of insurance approvals with the 8wk vs 12wk regimen just reinforces many doctor's decisions to prescribe 8wks instead of 12.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2014/205834Orig1s000MedR.pdf
Paul

DX 2008
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil

Offline spitzbar

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2015, 09:01:20 pm »
dragon and apache..you concede too quickly..have a little faith..regards                                                                                                          http://hepatitiscnewdrugs.blogspot.com/2015/03/hcv-rna-does-not-always-mean-treatment.html

Offline Katie

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2015, 09:18:52 pm »
Spitzbar....Thank you! Gives me hope and in 4 weeks I have another blood test.   :-*
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline apache

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2015, 09:30:29 pm »
Hi Dragonslayer,

Thanks for posting the .pdf, and thanks especially for pointing out Table 33 and its implications.   I totally agree with your conclusions.

Table 33 does indeed confirm the hypothesis at hand: GT1a is more likely to relapse than GT1b, on the 8 wk Rx vs the 12 week Rx. 

Surprisingly, Table 33's data shows that many of those other variables you enumerated (age, weight, etc) are an even stronger indication than genotype, when it comes to predicting who will relapse if only given the 8 wk Rx.

It's too bad that they don't provide a combined analysis on a web page, so one could input one's own personal parameters (VL, age, genotype, IL28B, etc) and see what all of those combined yield, in terms of predicted relapse rate for 8 wk Rx vs 12 wk Rx.

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2015, 10:42:45 pm »
Spitzbar... YOU RULE!!!!   How did you ever find that blog; it was only published 2 days ago!!  Trying not to get too buoyed by the content therein, but regardless, it certainly presents a welcome change in the way to view End Of Treatment viral load data.    Thank you so much.  Trying hard to keep my excitement in check, but its hard to keep from being excited by this data.

Here's the actual study, btw:

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2015/03/02/cid.civ170.abstract
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:50:35 pm by dragonslayer »
Paul

DX 2008
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil

Offline Mike2

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2015, 05:58:36 am »
Hey all,
I was approved for 8 wks treatment but will appeal to get additional 4wks. I was F2-F3 treatment naive infected for 40 years. Took blood last Wedsday getting VL results on Tuesday. I did already find out that my Alt & Ast were normal the first tome in 40 years. Hoping it's a sign of positive things going forward. Can't imagine bing denied the extra 4wks if needed but personally I rather do the extra 4wks and be sure. We all must be proactive and get the treatment we need. Good luck to all.

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2015, 09:11:45 am »
Hey all,
I was approved for 8 wks treatment but will appeal to get additional 4wks. I was F2-F3 treatment naive infected for 40 years. Took blood last Wedsday getting VL results on Tuesday. I did already find out that my Alt & Ast were normal the first tome in 40 years. Hoping it's a sign of positive things going forward. Can't imagine bing denied the extra 4wks if needed but personally I rather do the extra 4wks and be sure. We all must be proactive and get the treatment we need. Good luck to all.

If you're treatment naive and are non cirrhotic, its generally the viral load being < 6 mil which qualifies/disqualifies  you for 8 wks.   
Paul

DX 2008
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2015, 07:56:57 pm »
Finished my last pill Sunday of my 8 wk treatment was undetected at 4 wks n just finished labs for my 8 wk 3 days after taking last pill I already feel energy level increasing headaches are all gone n I'm going back to work full time on Monday hoping this is all behind me and I move on with my life  good luck to all
Annie

Offline Katie

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2015, 08:27:47 pm »
Annie:  You Go Girl! I am so proud of you and happy your are moving on!  Don't forget us and please let us know how your future tests do as it helps us look forward too!  Here's a Happy Dance for you!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2015, 08:39:23 pm »
Thanks Katie I would of never made it this far without you you've given me hope n encouragement when I was down thanks so much for everything n I will keep you updated
Annie

Offline Katie

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2015, 09:02:36 pm »
 Annie:

:-*  Glad I helped, but you did it on your own.  You are stronger than you thought!

Be well, Stay well!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline Momof3

« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2015, 01:10:09 pm »
Well 4 week VL is in and it came back as less than 15 but still detected. A little bummed but both nurse and doctor reassured me this is fine and a great response to the meds. I asked to extend to 12 weeks they say it's not necessary and studies show that you don't have to be UND at 4 weeks to have the SVR outcome. I am hoping they are right as they say I am practically there just a few little stragglers but my response was great! I am having faith they are right!
Treatment naive
2 weeks ALT 13 AST 16

CURED!!!!

Offline Tiger

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2015, 04:58:45 pm »
Hi Momof3,
Just wanted to through in my 2 cents:
My Dr didn't even order 4 week VL and when I inquired she outright refused to have me do it - she says there's no point: it won't change anything in terms of treatment whether I am UD or still detected at 4 weeks. Given my low starting VL and relatively early F stage (2) she is really confident that it is going to work and thinks that I was probably UD as early as 2 weeks into treatment, but she only wants me to do VL @ EOT and then @ 12 weeks after that. I have every reason to believe her since last summer she cured my wife, and then I had liver panel done @ 4 weeks for other reason (MY PCP ordered it) and all of my functions came back normal, which hasn't happened in who knows how many years (probably at least couple of decades), see http://forums.hepmag.com/index.php?topic=2193.msg16907#msg16907 for more details.

Anyway, it seems that docs are very confident that Harvoni works and 8 weeks (and maybe even 6 weeks) is all it takes for treatment-naive patients with VL <6 mil and F stage >4. I sure hope they are right!

Best of luck to all of us!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 06:54:47 pm by Tiger »
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline Momof3

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2015, 06:16:50 pm »
Thanks for the response tiger. Yah the doctors and nurse both said it wouldn't affect my oitcome with new meds things are different. My viral load at baseline was 689,000 so low to start with my 2 week CBC all came back normal which they weren't really out of the. Oh to begin with... All at start was 35 and went down to 23 I belive it was at 2weeks AST down too and platelets went up to 218 so all my labs are great. So my faith is in these meds and praying the doctors are right :)
Treatment naive
2 weeks ALT 13 AST 16

CURED!!!!

Offline JoeK9999

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2015, 10:06:31 am »
Momof3,
I like your doctors attitude. Obviously with your low viral load it just proves that
viral loads don't seem to matter with Harvoni. I have seen many with over 6 million viral load UND at 2-4 weeks and some not. AST/ALT always seem to drop significantly after 10-14 days. I don't think they really know how viral load factors into treatment yet. I have read the VL test only accounts for what is in the blood, while millions more could be in the liver cells waiting to explode out of them which they do on a regular basis. Good luck to you on your quest for SVR.
Tiger,
Your doc seems to be like mine. He doesn't care about tests until 3 and 6  months post treatment. He told me the same thing when I asked for a 4 week on treatment test. He said he knew I as UND. I forced him to give me the test and I was detected. I was supposed to do the 8 week plan and he changed me to 12 week program at that point. Maybe because he is used to older treatments or maybe because I insisted. My feeling is more medicine is better than less. They did 6 week trials and 66% were cured not lost to followup, 8 weeks = 95% that were not lost to followup and 12 weeks 99% that were not lost to followup.
In 3 weeks I will go for my 12 week post treatment VL test and can only hope for best outcome. Good luck to you on your quest for SVR.

Treatment naive

AST/ALT 22/22
CURED!!

Offline Tiger

« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2015, 11:18:18 am »
Thanks JoeK9999.
Yeah, the difference between cure rates for 8 weeks vs 12 weeks of Harvoni seems to be about 4%. Well, and of course also about $35K... I think the primary reason my doc is so confident is my low VL (<0.5 mil) at the start. What you write about virus possibly lingering on in the liver is absolutely correct and I think that's why the F stage is a major factor in determining the length of treatment... Honestly, I would have also preferred more medicine from the peace of mind point of view, although on the other hand from the body prospective of course I prefer the least necessary amount - that Harvoni is very powerful stuff and nobody really knows yet what else it does in the body apart from obviously preventing the virus from replicating... so in the end it all comes down to that 4% risk. Also, whether insurance would be willing to throw in another $35K. I suspect the later was also a major consideration for my doc - given my "parameters" if she would have gone for 12 weeks right away, insurance could have denied me altogether, maybe... for whatever reason: me being not sick enough, for example...
Anyway, I hope and believe that I won't fall into that 4%...
Wishing you all to be free of this damn thing ASAP.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:28:19 am by Tiger »
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2015, 12:48:26 pm »
I believe it's less than 4% for the group selected for the 8wk duration according to what i recall from tables 6 and 7 relative to ion 3 in the Gilead prescribing document.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:50:39 pm by dragonslayer »
Paul

DX 2008
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil

Offline JoeK9999

« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2015, 01:37:03 pm »
Tiger,
I'm with your point "nobody really knows yet what else it does in the body apart from obviously preventing the virus from replicating"
I'm about 2.5 months out from finishing the meds. Most of the time on Harvoni it was a piece of cake. But week 11,12 it wacked me good. Fatique and dizziness.
It took about another 8 weeks after EOT to get back to feeling normal. I don't know if that was psychosomatic or it really just wacked me.
Let's hope for not only a cure, but no long term side effects.
Believe me, I'm all for as short a treatment as possible for any medical issue.
8 weeks probably would have done it for me, based on if 12 weeks did the job, but that is something I will never know. We're all learning now with the thousands doing the 8 weeks right now.
Treatment naive

AST/ALT 22/22
CURED!!

Offline Katie

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2015, 02:27:02 pm »
Hi Tiger!  I finished my 12 week Harvoni treatment February 25th.  I just wanted to say, my treatment was great as my devastating HCV symptoms basically vanished the first week and I felt better than I had in years!  Then week 9 & 10 came and horrible fatigue and depression (which I have never had previously) and dizziness as well.  That lasted about 10 days and then I woke up one morning and felt great again.

It is interesting how it affects different folks and I am one of the lucky ones.  I have blood work in about 3 weeks as I came back still detected at <12 at EOT.  That was unsettling, however since then, I have found encouraging info that the EOT is not an indicator of relapse.  I continue to feel great with subtle improvements so I really feel positive.

Have a great day and forward to being Free of the alien, monster, parasite!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline Tiger

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2015, 04:36:03 pm »
Katie, yes, I have also come across info that detected @ EOT doesn't necessarily mean failure of treatment... As I understand, it may happen that a few viruses are still there, but do/can not replicate and as they die off it can turn into UD some time later... Does that sound plausible?
Paul (Dragonslayer), do you have any insight into this? As I understand from your signature you also were still detected at EOT, but then it decreased further after 7.5 weeks? Is my understanding correct? It seems that "Detected 29" is more then "Detected < LLOQ(12)", so to me it looks that you continue to make progress after EOT... Is that how you understand it?
Thanks much everybody and we will get rid of this thing, it may just take a little longer and more effort, but we'll get there. Best of luck!
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2015, 04:50:05 pm »
Katie, yes, I have also come across info that detected @ EOT doesn't necessarily mean failure of treatment... As I understand, it may happen that a few viruses are still there, but do/can not replicate and as they die off it can turn into UD some time later... Does that sound plausible?
Paul (Dragonslayer), do you have any insight into this? As I understand from your signature you also were still detected at EOT, but then it decreased further after 7.5 weeks? Is my understanding correct? It seems that "Detected 29" is more then "Detected < LLOQ(12)", so to me it looks that you continue to make progress after EOT... Is that how you understand it?
Thanks much everybody and we will get rid of this thing, it may just take a little longer and more effort, but we'll get there. Best of luck!

Hey Tige... good to hear from you.  Yes, that is correct.  Detected 29 on the last day of treatment that becomes Detected < LLOQ (12) 7.5 wks later is a clear indicator that the virus is not replicating.  The confusing thing is what really is SVR in this day and age of Interferon free treatments.. Gilead used  their test's (COBAS TaqMan v2)  LLOQ of 25 to be the measuring stick for SVR  (I take this to mean they did NOT use UND as the yardstick of SVR).. Another  study I quoted showed that detectable amounts 14 - 64 iu/ml at EOT went on to SVR12.  And in another,  viral loads of <LLOQ(12) on the Abbot RT Assay tested UND on the Cobas TaqMan V2.   

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:56:35 pm by dragonslayer »
Paul

DX 2008
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil

Offline Tiger

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2015, 05:29:41 pm »
Hi, Dragonlayer, very interesting information... So what this may mean is that you actually may test UND on some other type of test, right? Also that basically there may not be such a thing as true UND after all, and that what is referred to as UND right now really means that the current level of detection is not capable of detecting the virus, which may still be there but in such small quantity and in such a weak state that it may not be causing any further harm... does it make sense? I don't know... confused is what I am right now... There are quite a few very competent people on this forum so would love to hear what they think about all this...
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline hope4cure

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2015, 01:28:40 pm »
I just received the call from my doc to tell me I am still undetected after my 8 weeks of treatment on Harvoni. My last pill was on 3/12, but I could not get tested until 3/17 (lab order mix up), so technically I was without meds for 5 days and still undetected. Now the long wait really starts.

Good luck to everyone!

Offline flipflops

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2015, 01:52:36 pm »
Hi everyone: I am new to this site, taking my first dose tonight, let the journey begin for 8 weeks!  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, bought a bunch of toothbrushes, razors so I can change them out frequently.  I am excited and nervous, going to keep an open mind. 

Offline Tiger

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2015, 02:29:43 pm »
hope4cure, great news - heartiest congratulations! I'd say even though technically there's this 12 week wait, but most likely you're done! (knock on wood and fingers crossed and all that)... :)

flipflops, welcome, it seems to be a vast difference between how different people react to/deal with Harvoni - my experience is that apart rom feeling better literally on the very first day, I can hardly notice any changes - definitely nothing unpleasant, but a lot of people do get headaches and fatigue, some people can't sleep... If you feel anything unusual this would be a great place to find out if that's something that is a known SE or at least has been noticed by anybody else: http://forums.hepmag.com/index.php?topic=1653.0

The most common advice is to drink a lot of water - up to a gallon a day (I don't really drink water per se, but a lot of coffee and tea), another advice is to avoid sugar, I would also definitely suggest avoiding alcohol altogether, although there has been some disagreement about that here with couple of people celebrating every new week with couple of beers, but I would definitely advise against that.
Also working out and being active definitely helps - especially now, with weather getting nice spending time outside seems like a great idea...

Finally, familiarize yourself with people and info on this forum - you'll find fantastic, courageous and competent people here who will be willing to go out of their way to help you as much as they can with information, advice and encouragement. You'll also find a lot of knowledge and experience accumulated which will help you make better decisions.

Pick up the lingo, like: EOT, SVR, SVR12, SVR24, dx, rx, VL, GT, F(1-4), UND/UD, LLOQ, etc...

Welcome again and good luck to you and all of us - we will get rid of this damn thing!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:38:34 pm by Tiger »
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline flipflops

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2015, 03:09:02 pm »
thank you for the info, I started drinking a lot of water over the weekend to get used to it, I can literally go all day on just one bottle while at work, today I have had 4.  I plan on continuing my exercise routine, 3-4 days a week 1/2 hour cardio, 1/2 hour strength,  I will listen to my body.  Yes, we will get rid of this damn thing!

Offline chaser

« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2015, 05:00:36 pm »
At 4 weeks of Harvoni, I just got my test results and I am undetected. I am excited beyond description, but I am tempering this with the fact that 7 months are in store for a pronouncement of 'cured." That being said, I just wanted to let people know that Harvoni is a breakthrough of immense proportions. I asked about the chance of failure or detected after a clear at 4 weeks and their patients have no fallback or failure yet. So. I'm jacked. Genotype 1 with a 6 million viral load, treatment naive, and no cirrhosis detected either by sound or biopsy. So I can only wish and hope and pray that it stays this way, and that everyone who has ever been infected can one day be as happy as I am right now. I had to be infected for 30 plus or more years. So that in itself should provide some comfort to some. I hope. I could feel it working. I felt different. In so many ways. Some of which I could not even put into words. Almost as if a veil was being lifted. The drawbacks on a day to day experience remain for me to be minimal and manageable. I'll post back in April. To all of you I wish and hope for nothing but the best. Now I have to go sing someplace.

Offline chaser

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2015, 05:07:51 pm »
One other thing that I wished to say over and over and over.....Drink plenty of water. Drink water until you cannot drink water. Throw in a glass of tea or juice and a coffee, but......DRINK WATER. I figured out that at first I was drinking a lot of water and then slacked off. As soon as I got back on the drink until you do not want to drink water regimen..I felt better. Also, I took my pill between 7AM and 8AM each day on an empty stomach with a 16 OZ bottle of purified water. Worked for me. Good luck all.

Offline Katie

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2015, 05:30:32 pm »
Happy Dancing For you Chaser!

You are on the road to being totally cured!  Amazing after waiting for so long.  Do something special for yourself!  Onward all warriors!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline chaser

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2015, 05:46:36 pm »
Thank you so very much Katie! No one outside of my doctors and wife know of this.  My choice a long time ago. Chose not burden and inform. Or open myself up to ignorance and, well, ignorance. My wife (60 something) and children (now in their 30's)  are fine. And so am I for now. You have yourself a fantastic week and summer is coming. Summer. After the sucker punches of February, ah....SUMMER!

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2015, 10:03:41 am »
Great news Chaser. Keep fighting the good fight and you will slay the dragon.

Best wishes,

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989

3 rounds of Int+Rib
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!

Offline juan81

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2015, 12:34:15 pm »
I just copied this post over from Post Treatment....

Hello Everyone.
I just wanted to report the results of my 12 weeks after treatment blood work...  I don't have the paper in front of me. But my Doctor's nurse just called to inform me that I am CURED!

I had only two VL tests. One at 3 weeks and one at 12 post treatment. I hope this post gives us all a little more confidence, especially 8 weekers.

Just want to say. I give all the glory to my Lord, and savior Jesus Christ. Through him, nothing is impossible.

I will continually pray for everyone.
Have a great afternoon and God Bless!

Male -  HCV+ 2010 - Born 1981 ~ Geno 1a
Treatment naive
Pre Tx : ALT & AST slightly elevated ~ VL : 47,000 10/21/2014
Tx Harvoni - 8 weeks ~ 11/1/2014
3 Wk on Harvoni: ALT & AST - Normal ~ VL : Undetected
SVR12: ALT & AST - Normal ~ VL : Undetected ~ 3/19/2015

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2015, 01:47:37 pm »
Awesome news Jaun. Congratulations. You slayed the DRAGON!!!!!

You must be stoked!

I am doing a happy dance for you.

Best wishes,

AL :D :D :D
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989

3 rounds of Int+Rib
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!

Offline juan81

« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2015, 09:10:48 am »
Thanks AL.
I appreciate that.

Have a Good Day Buddy. God Bless.

Offline MEG

« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2015, 12:50:23 pm »
Congratulations juan!

And to all newcomers...this is a wonderful group of people....

I head into the lab for my 8 weeks on treatment labs. Doc extended mine to 12 weeks. Seems unnecessary to do labs today but he's in charge of curing me and who am I to rebel about getting a needle stick. ;-)
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2015, 10:24:42 am »
Congratulation Meg on getting the extra 4 weeks. It can't hurt to do the extra meds and 12 weeks is a better bet at reaching SVR. I just completed 12 weeks of Harvoni and Ribavirin combo this morning.

Best wishes,

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989

3 rounds of Int+Rib
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!

Offline charly8

« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2015, 10:34:39 am »
Long_Haul,

Do you plan on doing a 4 week post tx test?
1a, VL  1.05 Mil, ALT 47
Fibrosure F3 December 2014
Fibroscan F0-F1 March 2015
1995 INT & RYB -non-responder
2007 PEGIN & RYB 72 weeks tx - partial responder relapsed
1/23/15 Started Harvoni 12 weeks, EOT 4/17
2 week blood work -  <15 Und. (ALT 25)
4 week blood work - <15 Und. (ALT 29)
2/20/15 added RYB (4 weeks into 12 of tx)
8 week blood work - <15 Und. (ALT 23)
(EOT) 12 week blood work - <15 Und.
4wk POST tx VL - Und. (ALT16, AST 17)

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2015, 11:01:25 am »
Hi Charly, as it stands my GI doesn't want to do one until late June, but I am pretty sure I can convince my Primary Care doc to do the test as she has been helping me manage my HCV since it was diagnosed.  I see her in May, but will send her an email requesting the test along with the blood work I will be doing for that visit.

Thanks,

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989

3 rounds of Int+Rib
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!

Offline Karen1124

« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2015, 11:21:34 am »
Congrats to you Jaun81!! Your the first I have seen with the cure stats!! You give us all hope!! Life is Good!!!! Karen
Geno 1a
VL 2 million
DX May 1 2014
Bio June 5 2014
moderate fibrosis
Start Harvoni 2/5/2015
EOT 4/1/2015
 7/22/2014 alt 186 12/30  64  3/5/15  39
7/22/14  ast 114    12/30.  41  3/5/15  27
Don't know how I got hep C in my 20s I did snort coke a few times.
3/5/15 undetected
4/2/15 less than 15 VL ferrin levels normal
4/9/15 undetected!!
6/24/15 relapse VL 424,000
7/26/16 Started treatment today Harvoni and Ribavirin 24 weeks

Offline Katie

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2015, 12:32:23 pm »
Good Morning Al and congratulations on completing treatment!  Seems you have the monster defeated and am looking forward to doing the Happy Dance with you in 12 weeks!

We are all pulling for you and having you name added to the list of CURED warriors!

Enjoy the spring and heal!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2015, 01:07:21 pm »
Hi Al

Congrats on completing treatment that is great!
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2015, 01:43:53 pm »
@Katie and @Lynn, thanks you very much. This is the first treatment that has has some semblance of "working" and I am really relieved that I made it through and completed most of my "New Years resolutions".

@Katie, I hope you get your GOOD news soon, you have worked so hard and you deserve to be free of this awfulness.

@Lynn, The next few weeks will be a challenge with the Ribavirin, but like the treatments in the past you will get past the Sides and see a real SVR this time that will not dissolve away. I am praying for your success, and good health in the future.

Thank you both for being such wonderful caring people and helping us all through this with you thoughtful and kind words and a wealth of information

Best Wishes,

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989

3 rounds of Int+Rib
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2015, 08:17:15 pm »
I will be 39 days behind you climbing up the hill to the top

We need a new holiday happy SVR12 day !
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline MEG

« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2015, 09:00:25 pm »
Thank you all and congratulations on finishing treatment...wooo!!

Hi @Katie and @Lynn and all....thinking about everyone. Just hard to stay connected lately.  This sinusitis has been a real thorn. Have relapsed twice post antibiotics---my LFT's are elevated and they think it's the abx. For some reason they didn't do a VL although i thought it was ordered. They did one today.

In addition, I've had this worsening neck/shoulder pain which I don't think is at all related to Harvoni---I think that I've been bed-bound so much this winter that I've strained it....Need to get a new pillow!
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2015, 03:17:28 am »
Hope you feel better soon ugh!

I have had a moderately bad cold finally went to the doctor after a week of coughing and got an inhaler, cough syrup and some antibiotics. Took several more days but i think I am on the mend with still a bit of cough probably the riba doesn't help with that either.

Anyway I have 39 days to go and done with my 24 weeks of treatment yay!

Best to you
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline chaser

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2015, 08:15:08 pm »
Long Haul. Thanks. 16 more pills. Then the blood work. Best of luck to one and all.

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2015, 06:25:22 pm »
Haven't posted for awhile been busy at work I got my results for 8wk blood test and I'm still undetected will go in for another test at 3 n 6 month hope everyone is well n it seems the 8 wk treatment really worked for me :)
Annie

Offline Karen1124

« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2015, 06:45:32 pm »
Congrats Annie! Took my last pill today!! Blood test tomorrow!
I am hoping for a undetected also!! My next blood test is June 24th!!
That's the big one!
Good luck to all of you!! I think this forum is very good place to share our treatment dos and don't s. I will post my results soon!
Life is Good!!  Karen
Geno 1a
VL 2 million
DX May 1 2014
Bio June 5 2014
moderate fibrosis
Start Harvoni 2/5/2015
EOT 4/1/2015
 7/22/2014 alt 186 12/30  64  3/5/15  39
7/22/14  ast 114    12/30.  41  3/5/15  27
Don't know how I got hep C in my 20s I did snort coke a few times.
3/5/15 undetected
4/2/15 less than 15 VL ferrin levels normal
4/9/15 undetected!!
6/24/15 relapse VL 424,000
7/26/16 Started treatment today Harvoni and Ribavirin 24 weeks

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2015, 10:11:59 am »
@Annie and @Karen, congratulations on completing TX. I pray you stay Undetected to make SVR. Now you are members of the "Waiting Gang"  The numbers are growing and I think the SVR Gang numbers will blossom soon as well.

Best wishes,

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989

3 rounds of Int+Rib
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2015, 09:12:59 pm »
Thanks al I'm remaining very humble when I found out I was hep c positive early last yr my world crumbled I was scared to b near anyone n didn't tell anyone because if all the stereotypes now thanks to this forum I'm very open with this n tell people my story I'm a cna n didn't use proper attire when handling infected blood since finishing harvoni I feel better n I'm a lot more educated I've learned the important thing is not how we got hep c it is how we conquered it have a great evening all :)
Annie

Offline Katie

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2015, 09:22:26 pm »
Well said Annie.  I am so happy you are moving on your way to a complete cure and a healthy life!  You are doing GREAT!  You can use this knowledge to educate others which is so important!

Katie
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:24:06 pm by Katie »
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2015, 09:39:39 pm »
Thanks Katie can't believe how much I've learned from This forum have a happy easter everyone :)
Annie

Offline maggie

« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2015, 02:43:19 pm »
Great forum - thanks to everyone for the specific information and your stories.  I'm 2 weeks into the 8-week treatment and working through the standard side effects (fatigue and headache) but also experiencing bloating and a strong appetite.  Very hard to keep energy up past about 1 or 2 PM.  I was thrilled to have qualified for Gilead's co-pay assistance (otherwise this would never have been possible) but really unclear about how the 8 wks vs 12 wks monitoring works. My Dr. has ordered labs during treatment only once, at 4 weeks; if undetected will finish up at 8 weeks, and monitoring each month after EOT.  Obviously I'm hoping for a good 4 wk result, but it seems like an inordinate weight is being given to a single test result before I've taken my last pill at 8 weeks.  I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get my 4 week labs back.
Best wishes and be well, everyone!

Offline Bituman

« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2015, 10:39:20 pm »
Finished week 8 of 12 Harvoni on Wednesday.   So I guess I finally qualify for this thread! Did labs yesterday.  As of then:

ALT= 25
AST= 29
HCV RNA = UNDETECTED

Although it doesn't have anything to do with Harvoni, platelets were 170, which is highest number in a while.  I usually average right at the minimum limit of 150. 

So far I have experienced 8 weeks of no side effects.  I feel very fortunate compared to some.  But I still have 26 days to go, so you never know what could happen.  One thing that has helped is I am unusually busy at work, with a lot of stress coming along with it.  I haven't had a lot of time to worry about side effects.  Also have been able to maintain decent quality exercise, although much of that is indoors in the gym and not outside in the beautiful Arizona spring.  The desert spectacular right now. 

Healing vibes sent to all. 

Bob
DX 07/07 GT 1a
IL28B=CT

Offline Ruthie

« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2015, 11:25:15 pm »
I took my last Harvoni tonight! I'm hoping to get my body back soon. I really want to get my memory back LOL

My Gastro doesn't want to do blood tests until 3 months out. I See my Hematologist in a couple weeks. I'm Going to ask him to do them, just for my piece of mind.

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2015, 07:25:06 am »
@bituman, congrats on the good labs, @ruthie, my doc wanted EOT labs and then 12 week, i asked if i could bump out the end labs to 4 weeks really just for my mind and he was ok with that, i get them thursday, congrats on being done  :)

kate

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2015, 06:35:34 pm »
Twenty weeks down and four to go. I asked about moving to EOT out to 4 weeks post tx. My doctor said they can do both! Even better!
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Katie

« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2015, 07:21:10 pm »
You've been on a long journey Lynn but you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!  I am cheering loudly for you to win this battle!

Hope you are enjoying your day!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline Bituman

« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2015, 11:13:31 pm »
Twenty weeks down and four to go. I asked about moving to EOT out to 4 weeks post tx. My doctor said they can do both! Even better!

You're in a full on sprint for the finish Lynn!  I really admire your tenacity and good cheer.  Keep up the good work! 

Bob
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:20:07 pm by Bituman »
DX 07/07 GT 1a
IL28B=CT

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2015, 11:45:07 pm »
Thanks Katie and Bob

I ran a 10 k a few years back, the speed walker kept passing me so kinda sprinting like at the end of a very long run more like a stagger to the finish line lol but as long as we cross and win the big award in 12 weeks

Good luck all
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Momof3

« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2015, 12:16:13 pm »
Well I took my last pill this morning!!! I have an appointment today to get bloodwork and i am crossing everything and anything I can in hopes that this works! I have had a bit of anxiety this past week just die to the fact it's over and I am in my own now. I will update once I get my final bloodwork results
Treatment naive
2 weeks ALT 13 AST 16

CURED!!!!

Offline grodeestok

« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2015, 10:30:22 pm »
So great to hear about all the success here! I was originally scheduled for 12 weeks but found out today that insurance is only going to spring for 8 since I am treatment naïve, no cirrhosis and viral load under 1 million. So Monday will be my last dose! I was undetected at 4 weeks so things are good. Tiger if you're there we're pretty much on the same plan now. What's your latest info? My next Labs are 4 weeks post May 13. Then I joining the waiting gang !

Offline Tiger

« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2015, 01:04:25 am »
Hi grodeestok, So you were "requalified" as a 8-week guy - I think that's good, particularly given the 4 week UND there seems to be every reason to feel good about things! Congrats! I have 4 pills left - will take last on Sunday and then go for the EoT bloodwork in a few days afterwards - mid next week. I haven't had a VL since I started so this should tell me if I can be moved on to join the waiting crown for 12 weeks... Keeping fingers crossed that that's the case... Will keep you guys posted.

In the regards to the treatment itself - I noticed craving for sweets lately and a weight-gain (these two are probably connected :) - I put on like 6 pounds in the last couple of weeks - will need to fight it off once I'm off the pills...

Wishing you all the very best!
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline grodeestok

« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2015, 07:33:44 am »
That's so weird Tiger. I've had exactly the same experience with the sweets and weight gain! The Easter candy was perfect. The craving seems to have subsided as of yesterday. Crazy.

Offline Momof3

« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2015, 01:53:03 pm »
I finished my 8 week treatment on April 7th I was detected <15 at 4 weeks which made me nervous but I stayed with the 8 weeks and I just got my EOT results back and my viral load was as follows...NO HCV RNA DETECTED!!!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:54:46 pm by Momof3 »
Treatment naive
2 weeks ALT 13 AST 16

CURED!!!!

Offline Katie

« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2015, 02:18:10 pm »
MOMO!  Congratulations!  I am doing the HAPPY DANCE for you!  YAY!  Another warrior wins the battle!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline grodeestok

« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2015, 04:07:28 pm »
Good for you momof3! Here's hoping it's gone for good!

Offline Tiger

« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2015, 04:33:59 pm »
Momof3, Heartiest congratulations!!!
I finished my 8 week treatment on Sunday and went for EOT appointment and bloodwork today - the results should come back next week - will keep you posted, hopefully will be joining the ever-growing "waiting" group for 12 weeks and then hopefully also ever-growing group of "had had"s - wishing all to join that group soon!
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline MEG

« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2015, 01:42:43 am »
Yay, momof3!!!!

Please look at a new thread called: "News" that Tpropane posted tonight.  A nice scientific article that says how they're finding that when people become undetected has no bearing on SVR. !!
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Tiger

« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2015, 08:44:23 pm »
He-he-hei!!!

Just went to the online portal of my doc/hospital and they just posted the results -
HCV RNA Not Detected!!! - Yahoooo!!!

Prior to that:
Jan 2010 VL - 2.7 mil
Jan 2015 VL - 0.5 mil

AST - 23 (Prior: mid-treatment: 21, Before treatment: 49, one before that: 33)
ALT - 35 (Prior: mid-treatment: 26, Before treatment: 100, one before that: 65)

So,  now I officially transfer to the waiting team - till mid-July.

Thank you all for being absolutely fantastic - and wholeheartedly wishing everybody still not done to follow me to the waiting team and then in 3 month on to join all the others already on the SVR team!!!
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2015, 10:42:42 pm »
Congrats Tige!~~!!!!!!!   Welcome aboard the train to SVR!!!!! 8)
Paul

DX 2008
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil

Offline MEG

« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2015, 11:10:49 pm »
High-fives, Tiger!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, the train to SVR has left the station..........may you experience ever more increasing good health and much joy...
Meg.
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Momof3

« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2015, 11:16:42 pm »
Congrats tiger!!! So pumped for you :) now on to SVR
Treatment naive
2 weeks ALT 13 AST 16

CURED!!!!

Offline grodeestok

« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2015, 07:44:02 am »
Yahoo for you Tiger!!!! Fantastic. Onward and upwatd!

Offline Katie

« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2015, 04:44:21 pm »
Time for my happy dance everyone!!!!

I have an appointment on the 27th to go over my test results but about 5 minuets ago, the doctor's office called with my UNDETECTED RESULTS SO I COULD HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.  The nurse practitioner was as excited as I am.  I sent the current article posted a couple days ago and she said she read it and found the news on the EOT results wonderful and amazing!

Thanks for all of your support.  I am still having a difficult time processing this AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF!  Another DRAGON dies AND I AM NO LONGER A BIO-HAZARD!!

From a very happy Katie!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 05:04:28 pm by Katie »
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2015, 04:58:02 pm »
Time for my happy dance everyone!!!!

I have an appointment on the 27th to go over my test results but about 5 minuets ago, the doctor's office called with my UNDETECTED RESULTS SO I COULD HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.  The nurse practitioner was as excited as I am.  I sent the current article posted a couple days ago and she said she read it and found the news on the EOT results wonderful and amazing!

Thanks for all of your support.  I am still having a difficult time processing this AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF!  Another DRAGON dies AND I AM NO LONGER A BIO-HAZZARD!!

From a very happy Katie!

Told ya!!!!  Ive been anxiously awaiting this post.. Im so happy for you...   Not that we wont put ourselves through the same torture all over again at the 24 and 48 wk markers... But at least we know that the stats are STRONGLY in our favor once weve made it to SVR12...   I knew youd beat this thing.... All I can say is thank goodness for the postings related to EOT detectable results and their eventual outcome. .Theyre really what got me through this, and you too, if Im not mistaken.. Have a great weekend, and rest of your life...... YIPPEEEEEE....
Paul

DX 2008
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil

Offline Katie

« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2015, 05:06:54 pm »
Thank you Dragonslayer!  You, are the one who gave me hope.  I know I talked you down a bit when you were anxious and disappointed but what happened to you could, and did happen to me.  Thank you for all you did and for all the research and information you shared.  You are a blessing!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline Katie

« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2015, 05:07:40 pm »
A little history for those not familiar with my treatment.
Diagnosed 2005
68 years old
no idea how I became infected
GT 1a
VL for last 10 years fluctuated from ~3million to 16 million
Hep C symptoms: horrible fatigue, insomnia, brain fog and confusion, poor skin quality, dental issues.
VL begin of treatment 2.6 million
4week = 59
EOT = <12
8 weeks post treatment UNDETECTED
ALT/AST have been in normal range for 95% of time since diagnose
Treatment was easy for me and I felt better than I have in years, even a bit hyper.
Since stopping Harvoni I am very tired (not the severe fatigue) but all other HepC symptoms are gone and even my dental checkup last week was improved with very little scraping needed for the cleaning.
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline MEG

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2015, 06:49:36 pm »

Woooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Speechless for you, Katie!!!!!!!!!

You made my day!!!!!

Meg
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline catniss

« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2015, 07:12:59 pm »
Finished 8 week treatment Jan. 29th.  Six week after treatment blood work undetected.  Next Thursday is my 12 week after treatment blood work. Feel fantastic but
 Very nervous. Treatment was so easy. No side effects at all. Can't believe something that was so easy can cure me. It is going to be unbelievably life changing for all of us.

Offline Tiger

« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2015, 07:39:42 pm »
Fantastic!!! Katie - Soooo Happy for you!!!
Well, you and Dragonslayer are our trailblazers onto the new SVR land!!!
You guys really give hope and also set example to all others how to fight it all out till the end!!!
Congratulations and may we all get there and stay there!
:)
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline MEG

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2015, 10:26:03 pm »
Congratulations, catniss. Indeed, you give the rest of us so much hope and inspiration..

May you continue to feel great and greater every day.
Meg.
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Katie

« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2015, 12:47:08 am »
Thanks everyone.  You have all made my journey so much better and I am rooting for each and everyone of you!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline Katie

« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2015, 12:48:50 am »
double post.   :-\
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2015, 07:34:29 pm »
I'm waiting on my results 3 month post harvoni was undetected at 2 wks n every 2 wks after that so this is the biggy will let you know my results as soon as I get them very nervous  :-\did the 8 wk treatment
Annie

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2015, 04:34:22 pm »
3 months after after harvoni undetected :)
Annie

Offline MEG

« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2015, 04:48:29 pm »
Congratulations, Annie....march forward to even more healing and joy. All the best, Meg.
Diagnosed 1993.
ALT range---60s
AST range---80s.

Offline Katie

« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2015, 07:53:36 pm »
Fabulous Annie!!!  I am doing the HAPPY DANCE for you right now  You Rock my dear!

Now you can put it behind you and never look backwards.  Your stress can melt away and know you won the battle and live your life healthy and free from this alien monster!

Be good to yourself and be happy.

Katie

Please post your results on this thread.   http://forums.hepmag.com/index.php?topic=2665.new;topicseen#new  We need good news for those with an 8 week treatment!  Thanks
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:56:35 pm by Katie »
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2015, 09:08:18 pm »
Thank you so much my Dr is having me get one more blood test at the 6 month mark she said harvoni is so new they don't wanna take any chances one thing she said confused me after my treatment I gained quite a few pounds so I started the herbal life diet a couple wks ago GI Dr had a fit n said I can not do any herbal supplements ever for the rest of my life because of the hep c I thought the liver regenerates itself n gets better so am I not allowed to drink alcohol ever either I'm confused
Annie

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2015, 09:33:02 pm »
I'd have asked her which ones and  why not..   Sounds very strange.. Milk thistle is an herbal supplement.. Garlic is an herbal supplement.  Im sure specific herbals may be proscribed, but to condemn them en masse?   Sounds a little bizarre.

As for alcohol post treatment, that's a pretty controversial subject on hcv forums.. At the end of the day, it amounts to individual choice, determined in large part by how damaged one's liver is.   If one is stage 0 to perhaps stage 1 prior to treatment and reaches SVR, I cant see the harm in engaging in some LIGHT drinking.  If alcohol has been a problem to control in the past, probably better to steer clear.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:37:47 pm by dragonslayer »
Paul

DX 2008
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil

Offline Katie

« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2015, 10:05:20 pm »
Annie, I agree with Dragonslayer.  Many medical doctors are just not into supplements and many don't understand nutrition, unfortunately.  Many people HAVE to supplement their diets, and what about herbal teas? so I would definitely ask her about that and get specifics.

I am not planning on drinking alcohol regularly but am looking forward to a cold beer on a hot day or a glass of nice wine with dinner on occasion, since my liver does not show any signs of fibrosis or cirrhosis at this time and if I make SVR on my 24 post week.  I just went in today for a blood draw at 16 weeks post treatment and will have those results in about a week.  Fingers crossed!

Have a great weekend Annie,
Katie
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:08:02 pm by Katie »
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2015, 07:37:45 am »
Thank you so much I've never been much if a drinker had my fair  but it us summer and I feel I've been through hell n back n would love to have some summer margaritas ;) but do not want to hurt my liver as for herbal products she says no supplements I was never big on herbals except a daily vitamin but I sure wanted to try this diet lol n it worked but unfortunately my Dr scared me enough to stop it I will speak to my MD she is my GI Dr
Annie

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2015, 07:28:28 pm »
Rapid weight loss can sometimes be a challenge for your liver. I took a supplement  (Hydroxycut) a few years ago to lose weight. I lost 25 lbs in 4 months and had my gall bladder removed 10 months later. I don't know that is related for sure but do t k is that it was not either.

So be careful with those supplements out there
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline EleanorB

« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2015, 03:24:35 pm »
I completed 8 Week Harvoni on May 8 and achieved 4 week SVR. Things looking good and feeling pretty good too.
Hep C infection probably via transfusion 1976
Known positive since 2007
VL 500,000
Harvoni start date 3/13/15
UND as of 4/9/15 (4 weeks)

Offline Katie

« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2015, 07:58:20 pm »
UPDATE:  I just got my recent results and I am Hep C FREE!  Totally delighted to no longer be a bio-hazard, and was one of the few who cleared AFTER being detected at EOT.  I am still not feeling well and would love to have my Harvoni energy back but I am sure I will improve with time. I actually feel worse in some ways than I did prior to treatment, only very different, and many things I had for over a decade are totally gone.  Good luck to all on this journey and keep the faith!

1. 16 week Post EOT  UNDETECTED
2. 8 wk Post EOT VL status - Undetected
3. Treatment duration - 12 wks
4. tx naive or experienced - tx naive
5. Genotype (1a or 1b) - 1a
6. F1-F4 fibrosis status (date) - no cirrhosis
7. Initial VL (date) - 2.6 mil

All of my blood work is perfect so my energy is just around the corner...I know it!   ;)

GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline EleanorB

« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2015, 09:36:09 pm »
Congrats Katie, you have been the real trooper on all these chats. I didn't feel myself either until I went back to my pre-Harvoni supplement regimen, which includes Milk Thistle, Turmeric and Artichoke along with Cal/Mag, vit D3 and pro-biotics. There have been clinical trials on all of the herbals and they do have a liver protective effect, so maybe that will help. Good luck to you, you have kept everyone's spirits so buoyant, you deserve that too!
Hep C infection probably via transfusion 1976
Known positive since 2007
VL 500,000
Harvoni start date 3/13/15
UND as of 4/9/15 (4 weeks)

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2015, 09:54:05 pm »
Congrats Katie; great news!! Ill be going for my 24 wk post treatment labs  around July 7.  Hope you get your engergy back soon; I know mine waxes and wanes.
Paul

DX 2008
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2015, 09:55:15 pm »
dbl post.. Sure wish we could delete unwanted or duplicated posts on this forum!
Paul

DX 2008
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil

Offline Katie

« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2015, 11:39:19 pm »
Thanks everyone!  Life is good and we'll all move forward.  I am so grateful for this cure, and knowing my blood is no longer toxic to others, is the very best part!

I am so fortunate as I am retired, and so I can take it easy and not have obligations.  My only difficulty is I am a worker.  I don't sit well.  My relaxing time is doing woodworking or painting or laying tile or artsy stuff.  I love building rock planters and gardening, but you know...it can all wait...and I know my energy will return and I will be ready to go.  Meanwhile there are lots of good books to catch up on.

I think of all of you making the journey and am sending you healing light and love and look forward to your SVR!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline Tiger

« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2015, 09:08:32 pm »
Hello, everybody!

Very happy to report that another HepC case bites the dust:
12 weeks post TX to the day - HCV RNA Not Dectected!!! AST - 27, ALT - 33
So I am officially graduating from the "waiting group" to SVR12 group - Yahooo!!!

Very, very happy and wish you all the same ASAP!

Thank you all for being absolutely fantastic and best of luck to everybody still battling this damn thing - you'll get there!

Viva Harvoni!!!

Yours truly,

Tiger
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:19:43 pm by Tiger »
So SVR12 Achieved!!!

Offline Momof3

« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2015, 09:12:06 pm »
Congrats tiger!! I took my bloodwork last week and waiting on viral load results!!! Enjoy your new hep c free life!
Treatment naive
2 weeks ALT 13 AST 16

CURED!!!!

Offline Katie

« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2015, 09:31:30 pm »
YAY TIGER! Best news I've heard today.  Do something special for yourself and enjoy your success!

Good luck to you Momof3....anxiously awaiting your results to cheer you on as well!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline Momof3

« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2015, 03:00:04 pm »
I got the call today i am UNDETCTED 12 weeks after harvoni!!! I am super excited!! My doctors office doesn't give me my cure stamp until 24 weeks post but I am feeling great! My ast was 15 and alt 8. I had no problems with being on treatment I took care of my 3 kids with little to no help! What a miracle this pill really is!
Treatment naive
2 weeks ALT 13 AST 16

CURED!!!!

Offline Katie

« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2015, 03:42:38 pm »
YOU NAILED IT, MOMO!
CONGRATULATIONS AND ENJOY YOUR HEP FREE LIFE!!!

Be kind to yourself and do something special.  I personally think the 12 week mark is the important one in most cases but in another 12 weeks will be your completed journey!

Katie
GT 1a (4/1/2016)
Dx 2005
EOT Detected <12 IU/mL
16 week post Undetected

Offline GLCII

« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2015, 03:54:02 pm »
Momof3

That is Great News!!! :D Congratulations on your 12 Week SVR. Now go and Enjoy the rest of your life!  ;)

Sorry Tiger, I didn't see yours so let me edit you in.  The same goes for you!!! Congratulations ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:56:29 pm by GLCII »
Pre Tx (VL 12043488) ALT 52/ AST 39
Harvoni Start Date 03/12
2 Week in Tx Results HCV RNA Detected, less than 15 IU/mL. ALT 19 / AST 19
4 Weeks in Tx Results HCV RNA Not detected. ALT 21 / AST 18
12 Week in Tx Results HCV RNA Not detected. ALT 17 / AST 19
--------------------------------------------------------------
Post 12 Week EOT Tx ALT 19/ AST 19 (Undetected)
Post 24 Week EOT Tx ALT 19/ AST 15 (Undetected)

Offline Redbird29

• I've seen the needle and the damage done.....
« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2015, 08:07:57 pm »
WHOOO --- HOOOOOO!!!!

Congrats to you Tiger and Momo!!!!!! Great news and brings hope to the future!!!!!!
Infected - late 70's /early 80's
GT - 1a

Fibrosure 1/2015 - F1-2
TX Naive - Harvoni 8 wks

SOT 6/25/15  VL - 468,000        AST-44  ALT-56       
EOT  8/19/15  VL-  Not Detected AST-21  ALT-30
1 YEAR POST TX - UNDETECTED AST 20 ALT 22
2 YEAR POST TX - UNDETECTED AST 15 ALT 18

Offline nolacs22

« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2015, 04:46:20 pm »
Hi, MEG, great idea!
My 8-week EOT is 13 April and then 12 weeks after that would be 6 July - keeping fingers crossed!
:)
I just received news that my viral load is now after 4 weeks of harvoni <15 IU/mL with the quantitative real time PCR! I no longer have to take Nexium for indigestion and my fatigue has vaninshed! My beginning V/L was 3,751,300! and AST 46 ALT 28
Doctor says I have to finish taking Harvoni (that's a given) starting to feel fantastic, at 64 I can't ask for more!
Thank you Jesus! Hope everyone has the same good results! :-* I never smoked  drank or used drugs, this was also my first time in treatment for Hep c. Hope this helps you and others  :D

Offline Redbird29

• I've seen the needle and the damage done.....
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2015, 05:05:06 pm »
YIIPPEEEE!!! YAAAHOOOEEEYYY!!!!! That is wonderful news nolacs22!!! Sounds like you are one your way to SVR!

This gives me hope too as I go in on Thursday for my 4 wk labs!
Congrats on your tests and have a blessed day
~Robin
Infected - late 70's /early 80's
GT - 1a

Fibrosure 1/2015 - F1-2
TX Naive - Harvoni 8 wks

SOT 6/25/15  VL - 468,000        AST-44  ALT-56       
EOT  8/19/15  VL-  Not Detected AST-21  ALT-30
1 YEAR POST TX - UNDETECTED AST 20 ALT 22
2 YEAR POST TX - UNDETECTED AST 15 ALT 18

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.