Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:37:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 119
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 92
Total: 92

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Starting Harvoni 2/23/2015  (Read 7710 times)

Offline duwbdawg

• "It's Your Health, Make Time!"
Starting Harvoni 2/23/2015
« on: February 22, 2015, 09:05:59 pm »
This forum has turned into such a breath of fresh air. I remember looking at forums 17 years ago, and it was not a nice place to visit unless you needed shoulders to cry on. There wasn't much news then, and what was known was dark and bleak at best. When I was diagnosed, the "cure" rates were 15-20% at best and the treatment too toxic for me to consider.

Now this forum feels like a party. Everyone is invited, but the invitation seems to get lost in the mail for many. I just want to say to them, "You will not miss the party. It will be like the party at the end of a marathon. It will go on until everyone has finished and that means you!"

For those that have already finished. Congratulations! Enjoy your triumph. Hug, kiss, high five, yell, scream...but come back to the finish line and cheer on those still on the journey. We are not virions we are your brothers and sisters.

I start tomorrow after my visit with my gastro. I hope to see you all at the finish line!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:24:05 am by duwbdawg »
Infected: 1985
DX: 1998
HepC 1a
8 weeks Harvoni 2/23/2015
"Gesundheit!"

Offline duwbdawg

Re: Starting Harvoni 2/23/2015
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:23:37 am »
Could hardly sleep last night. It was like the night before my birthday party when I was 16. Only I'm not getting to drive a car by myself, I'm getting to finally get rid of a disease that has been driving me. Whatever few side effects come, it can't be worse than the cloud I have endured over my head knowing I had a liver condition slowly eating me away. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Today I take on this Dragon!
HepC 1a
"Gesundheit!"

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 09:30:14 am »
Welcome and well said Duwbdawg. I plan to hang around whether or not I reach SVR12 in June. The support here is invaluable and as you say, it is mostly positive and very informative.

Best of luck and you are now in the drivers seat, make the best of it!

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989
Biopsy-cirrhosis stage 4 2000, no starting VL this round

3 rounds of Int+Rib
(Combo/48wks,Peg/26 Wks,Triple with Incivek/16wks)
UND with Incivek, Relapsed
Started 12 weeks Harvoni and Rib Jan 2nd,2015
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!
EOT at 12 weeks Undetected
EOT at 24 weeks STILL UNDETECTED
Completed TX Mar 26th,2015

EOT plus 4 weeks UNDETECTED
EOT plus 12 weeks UNDETECTED !!!!!!!!!!! I am DONE!

NO LONGER a member of the "WAITING GANG"

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 07:49:12 am »
@duwbdawg, what al said +1.

kate

Offline duwbdawg

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:09:47 am »
Al I have good energy coming your way. You will beat this. I can't wait to hear your good news in June.
HepC 1a
"Gesundheit!"

Offline duwbdawg

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 09:11:42 am »
So after 3 days, I can tell you that I really haven't had any major or minor side effects. Yes, a little brain fog and the beginnings of a headache it seems sometimes when I'm sedentary, but this seems to dissipate with the activities of work and daily living. It doesn't seem to keep me from sleeping. I was telling my wife that it feels like the first few days after you give up coffee. Dull slight headache and a little foggy, but only when things are quiet around you.
HepC 1a
"Gesundheit!"

Offline Islandgirl

• Started Harvoni 12/3/14 - EOT 2/25/15
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 09:51:47 am »
duwbdawg, what Kate and Al said, plus 1 8)  Glad you're doing well so far.  I took my last pill (12wk) on the 25th and will certainly be around too.  As Al said, the support is invaluable. 

Don't forget to drink tons of water.  I'd been having horrible leg/foot cramps wake me at night and extra water took care of them!  I didn't dream I could be dehydrated, but guess I was.  Yesterday, I forgot to get enough water down and at 3AM woke with those bad cramps, unfortunately proving to myself that I have to keep on with extra water! 

Sending you lots of positive energy and good wishes  ....Islandgirl
1b, treatment naive, positive for Hep C since 1994; thought to be transmitted via blood transfusions in 1976
Started Harvoni 12/3/14, EOT 2/25/15
12/31/14 labs - Virus Undetected, ALT/18, AST/34
3/25/15 labs - 1 mo post 12 wk Harvoni TX Virus Undetected!!  :) ....Islandgirl

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.