Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:38:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 73
Total: 73

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New user just started Harvoni today  (Read 5393 times)

Offline Mr.J

New user just started Harvoni today
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:57:28 pm »
  I'd like to give you guys a small background story first.  Last year in October I found out I had Hep C.  Concerning my health was the most shocking news I received in my short life.  Im only 24 years old.  Would have never guessed it.  Have no clue how I got it although I think I have an idea (tattoo done unprofessionally).  Was scary at first as I wasnt educated on Hep C.  Just had the same misguided mindset like many, it cant be cured, it will kill you blah blah blah.  My doctor assured me to not panic and let the process play out. 

I saw a gastroenterologist and he told me about this drug Harvoni.  I did some research and it seemed like my golden ticket.  So after blood test, liver biopsy etc he told me I would be a good candidate for Harvoni pending approval.  The Hep C has not done any damage to my liver yet.  On a scale of 1-100 he said inflammation was a 1.  So here I am today, took my first pill with breakfast this morning with my beautiful girlfriend by my side who has supported me since the day I found out I had this.  In fact it was her decision that we both get checkups and do blood test that lead me to find out I had this.  Ive been a lurker of this forum since the day I found out, but today I was finally ready to share my story and join this community. 

Offline Sam1224

Re: New user just started Harvoni today
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 01:46:28 pm »
You are going to have it made in the shade. I presume you are on 8 week course. I'm sure you've read up on it but sexual transmission of hep C is not likely. Lots of info on the forum.

Offline Momof3

Re: New user just started Harvoni today
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 02:01:32 pm »
I completly understand your shock with diagnosis I am 29 and have had this since birth but I didn't find out until I was pregnant at age 23... Biggest shock of my life! My then boyfriend now husband has been there with me the whole way!!! I put of treating till now and am so glad I did! I am on an 8 week course and I have zero side effects! I take care of my three kids with no problems! You can do this!! And what a great time to treat now with these new miracle meds!! Good luck to you! I am on day 18 of 56 and its flying by! I can thank my kids for that lol
Hep c GT 1a from transfusion at birth 1986
Treatment naive
Stage f0-f1 fibroscan score 2.5kpa
Harvoni started 02/11/2015 8 weeks
Baseline VL 689,594 ALT 35 AST 25
2 weeks ALT 13 AST 16
4 weeks VL <15 detected ALT 12 AST 15
 UNDETECTED  at EOT April 7
4 weeks post Harvoni UNDETECTED ALT 10 AST 14
12 weeks post Harvoni UNDETECTED ALT 8 AST 15
24 weeks post Harvoni UNDETECTED ALT 13 AST 18

CURED!!!!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.