Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:39:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 64
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 61
Total: 61

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Well, Here I am  (Read 8250 times)

Offline Pete

Well, Here I am
« on: March 09, 2015, 02:00:45 am »
Hello to all,

First off, I admire the strength and courage of those taking on the enemy.  I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided to sign up this evening, as I'll likely need your help and encouragement over the coming weeks.

I have the class scheduled tomorrow to begin 12 weeks of Harvoni treatment.   I've received my meds (CVS $5 co-pay) and the nurse told me to bring those with me to the class.  I am to take my first pill tomorrow according to the nurse.  I'm both excited and yet pretty nervous about this journey.   

Regards,
Pete

Offline kate0b1

Re: Well, Here I am
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 06:25:07 am »
welcome pete and don't forget to take your water with you to class  ;)

kate

Offline Chelle

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:03 am »
Hi Pete-
Understand your nervousness.   I was very anxious the week before taking Solvadi/Olysio meds and the first week on them. After being on the meds and not having any side effects, I'm more at ease now.  Like Kate said, it's good to drink lots  of water.  Best wishes for SVR and good health!
Diagnosis 2002 after breast cancer treatments - Blood transfusion 1972
HCV Genotype 1a, Fibrosis F1/F2

Started Solvadi/Olysio 1/27/15 for 12 wks
Oct: Viral load 4,360,000 - AST 62, ALT 76 Feb: Viral load 18 - AST 20, ALT 36 after 2 weeks on S/O meds! :)

Offline CE

• Genotype 3. Sovaldi & Ribavirin 24 weeks.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 12:28:41 pm »
Welcome Pete. Don't feel bad, we all lurked first! Lol. Got to see how reputable the site and the members are. You are in a good place! I have had nothing but great support. We all are in the same boat! Good luck to you as you start your battle!
Best wishes! Chris
Chris :)
Diagnosed July 2014
Genotype 3
Viral load of 950,000
Most likely from blood transfusion in 1978
Treatment started November 2014
Sovaldi and Ribavirin for 24 weeks
End of treatment April 2015
SVR12 July 2015!!!!!!
SVR24 October 2015!!!!!
Cured!!!! Praise the Lord!!

Offline Pete

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 10:19:56 pm »
Thanks everyone!  89 days to go, hope it goes by fast. 

About the only thing I can report is that I can tell somethings up, but can't put a finger on it.  Hope it stays that way.  I noticed I got a ton of stuff done at work today.  Finishing off one task, and then on to the next with enthusiasm.   Which is not my typical operating mode, trust me ;-

Going for some water now, thanks for the reminder.

Pete

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 12:09:41 am »
Hey Pete,

I'm a week ahead of you and doing ok, I'm turning green and my big toe hurts, but, other than that I'm fine!  Lol

I noticed  the extra energy and mental clarity the first day, and was actually pretty funny that day, just ask my wife!

I had one episode of fever chills and the big D, but felt better the following day, like others have mentioned the water is key, and will likely be your best friend.

Welcome aboard warrior!
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline Pete

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 10:29:54 pm »
Hello everyone, I managed to get through my first work week without incident. 

I'm taking the pill around 11am.  Gives me some normalcy first thing in the morning.  I've got a 30 mi drive to work and need a clear head to survive the traffic.  If I start feeling a bit jittery after taking the meds, I can always leave for lunch, go for a walk or whatever if needed to get out of the work environment for a spell.  Seems to be an initial reaction within 20 - 30 minutes of taking the pill.  I feel a bit wired/anxious at the onset, but that tapers off within about 2 hours.  I feel completely normal by 5 pm and have not had any trouble sleeping and no headaches.  I have noticed that my appetite has been suppressed a bit.  I know it's early in the tx, but pretty smooth ride thus far.

The only negative I can report is that I've had 2 episodes of constipation this first week.  Very unusual for me.   I need to eat more fruit/fiber or something.  I'm drinking lots of H2O.  I think being regular is very important with this stuff in order to avoid the meds from loading up in your gut.  I recall reading that >95% is passed through the bowel. So keep your plumbing in order!

Good luck to everyone and God Bless,

Pete

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.