Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:12:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 93
Total: 93

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 26 days on Treatment...be encouraged!  (Read 8232 times)

Offline Rod

26 days on Treatment...be encouraged!
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:56:29 pm »
Hey everybody that's just starting Harvoni, first of all I want to say congratulations for beginning treatment. Its a big step for a new future. I'm on day 26 and I feel fine. When I first started Harvoni I was all worried about side effects etc...let me stop your mind right there. Harvoni doesn't have side effects other than headache and fatigue. In fact that's one reason why is cost so much. At $1,125.00 a pill it better not cause bad side effects right? Now of course our minds love to create symptoms of things, I know mine does. I was so afraid of starting hep c medication because I didn't want to break out in rashes, severe nausea, and the many other symptoms that older hep c meds caused. I read so much about those types of treatments and I was scared to death of even getting treated. So here's my point. Don't psych yourself out like I did when I began treatment I was all worried about having some type of symptoms. I made sure I took off work and everything. That was dumb of me cause the side effects are written in black and white "Fatigue and headaches" that's it. In fact I haven't had hardly any symptoms on the stuff. I do notice I go to the restroom a few more times a day, but that's because I drink lots of water and eat allot. I take mine everyday at the same time and always on a full stomach. I work while I'm on it it doesn't disrupt my daily activities or anything. In fact I have more energy now than ever before so I know its working. I go to Dr. Friday to have a few tests run to see how medication is working, so I'm optimistic. So anyways be encouraged to know that 97% of the people who take harvoni get cured. That's the beauty of it. Now my mind will sometimes try to discourage me that "What if I'm in the 3%?" If I am then I guess it is part of Gods plan for my life. I would have to accept that, but truly people, what I believe is that God has given us this medicine so that we can have a second chance at life. Now its up to us to embrace healing or live a life in doubt. We could all go back to drinking and doing drugs but honestly we'd be idiots to run back to the same things that got us here in the first place. I got the disease by shooting dope or a blood transfusion I had when I was born or living a promiscuous lifestyle. I will not go another day lying to anyone about how I got it. I am no longer ashamed.Truth is who cares how I got it. Its not what I did to get it that counts its what I did to get rid of it that counts. For myself, I want to be one of those guys who had a disease and now has been cured and be able to tell an amazing story of how it all began and ended. So please be encouraged that we are all on a bus to freedom, being free of something that's trying to kill us. Lets not let one day be wasted...now that we have our second chance. We need to get up get dressed and live the life we always wanted to live. God bless each and everyone of you.

Offline Bituman

Re: 26 days on Treatment...be encouraged!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 01:11:45 pm »
Thanks Rod, your optimism is encouraging.  Good for you and keep it up!  Nobody deserves to have this disease, no matter how contracted. 

Bob
Age = 59, male, infected likely 1975
DX 07/07 GT 1a
Biopsy 2007:  GR 1, stage 0, HAI = 2/18
Since 2007:  1.48 MM < VL < 11 MM, avg = 5.64 MM
IL28B=CT
1/26/15, AST=43, ALT=55, VL=3.59 MM
2/5 Start Harvoni 12 weeks; Treat naive
2/20 AST=29, ALT=24, VL=59
3/6 AST=29, ALT=25, VL<15
3/19 AST=24, ALT=22, VL=undet
4/3 AST=29, ALT=25, VL=undet
4/30 EOT, AST=22, ALT=20, VL=undet
5/29 EOT+4, AST=20, ALT=19, VL=undet SVR
7/24 EOT+12, AST=23, ALT=18, VL=undet SVR
10/16 EOT+24, AST=22, ALT=17, VL=undet SVR

Offline Rod

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 01:37:15 pm »
Thanks for your reply bob

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 02:28:37 pm »
I like your spirit and your attitude, Rod. Keep on keepin on! Thanks for sharing.

Wellness to all,
Kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Ruthie

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 07:57:28 pm »
God bless you, Rod! Your Spirit is more infectious than HCV! Praise God that He led you out of a life of death and destruction! My husband died from that lifestyle, so I know what it does.

I'm very happy for you that you aren't having bad side effects! Unfortunately, I'm one of the few that does have horrid side effects. I've wanted to quit many times because of them. But, after 21 days, my viral load was undetectable. Today is day 31. With God's help, I'll finish out my 8 week treatment!

Keep up the praises and positive attitude!

Offline Victori

Ginger Tea
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 08:21:21 pm »
Hi Ruthie. Thank you for your suggestion for ginger tea - sounds just right. Katie's peach juice sounds good, too, but I really have to avoid sugar. Everyone's posts are so encouraging - what a blessed population we suddenly are!
The Bible says to whom much is given much will be required, and I'm hoping for a good 30 more years of serving God now that He's provided me with this healing. And congratulations on your labs - mine are encouraging after just 2 weeks - will know more toward the middle of March (2015), after 4 weeks.
Perhaps if you (or someone) has time, you could tell me how to reply to the replies I get - can't figure it out just yet. Thanks again, Victori.
"Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul." 
3 John 1:2

Offline Bituman

Re: Ginger Tea
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 08:58:34 pm »

Perhaps if you (or someone) has time, you could tell me how to reply to the replies I get - can't figure it out just yet. Thanks again, Victori.

Victori, in the upper right side of each post is an icon labeled "quote."  Press that in the post to which you want to respond.   A text box will pop up showing the quoted post and you can just type in your response.  Easy peazy. 

Bob
DX 07/07 GT 1a
IL28B=CT

Offline moma

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 02:36:39 am »

Bob
[/quote]
Thanks for your reply bob
Wow Bob I read your post and it was just what I needed tonight. Talked to my cousin a few hours ago and his wife is in a coma, it's just a matter of hours now. She has fought liver cancer for 3 years and has lost the fight. On my was home from acupuncture saw the car in back of me drift off the road and flip over. The woman was alive, but it was almost impossible to stop the bleeding coming from her head. Her little white poodle lay next to her not breathing, the other dog we couldn't find. It felt like the ambulance took hours to get there. And I complain about mood swings and nausea. I am being given a chance to live free of this virus and all the fear it has brought me through the years. Thank you for opening my eyes tonight and think of hope and faith.
Stay Strong, MoMa

Offline Bituman

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 09:13:45 am »
Wow moma!  What a story!  Sorry you had to witness that.  So sorry for your impending loss.  Keep up the fight.

Bob
DX 07/07 GT 1a
IL28B=CT

Offline Victori

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 02:57:46 am »
Victori, in the upper right side of each post is an icon labeled "quote."  Press that in the post to which you want to respond.   A text box will pop up showing the quoted post and you can just type in your response.  Easy peazy. 

Bob

Thanks, Bob. I so appreciate everyone taking time to care & respond in spite of their own troubles. You're all such a blessing, I'm just humbled. All God's best blessings to you.
Victorious Lee
"Because He lives I can face tomorrow..."
"Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul." 
3 John 1:2

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.