Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:45:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 107
Total: 107

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Health really bad and dont get much help from my GP.  (Read 10463 times)

Offline Darkist

Health really bad and dont get much help from my GP.
« on: March 11, 2015, 06:10:08 pm »
I have Hep C diagnosed a few years ago but ive had it 15 years+ as thats when i last injected.

I notice i have a lot of issues the main ones being lack of sleep and irregular sleep pattern, really really bad fatique i cant seem to do any of the things i want to do.

Also i get these strange 'Attacks' it starts off as i feel very dizzy and weak more so than normal, i have to lie down as i feel like im going to faint, i then get cold and start shaking then im dripping in sweat from my forehead and i get cold and clammy and have to get under a duvet, then i end up falling unconscious and waking up hours later one time i was out or asleep for 10 hours, i got rushed to hospital once and they said my blood pressure was low and wouldnt release me till it came back up.

Ive been to my DR about the sleep and fatique but they keep telling me its my methadone prescription which it isnt, they keep changing my doses without telling me to my massive frustration.

Im not being listened to by my DR and he's gone as far to say im blocking any help offered which im not.
They keep trying to prescribe antidepressants for sleep which i refuse as ive been tried on various antidepressants since the age of 12 with none that seem to work and the last 2 i tried gave me bad side effects.
Also its not everynight i cant sleep so i dont want to take an antidepressant its 3-4  nights a week sometimes less.

I cant seem to explain how bad the fatigue is i have trouble getting off the sofa some days i feel weak, dizzy and my body feels really heavy.

Offline BubbaT

Re: Health really bad and dont get much help from my GP.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 09:45:38 pm »
Hi darkis,

First off, I want to say man I'm sorry that your not getting the help you need, second I would ask if there is a way you can get off the methadone?

I have dealt with hepc for over 20 years, and I also used drugs as a teen, some of the side effects you are experiencing is from the methadone, and some is the hepc liver decomposition.

You should read everything you can about the liver and do the things you can do first,
The Drs are not sympathetic to drug users, they may not tell you, but that is the way it is,  I have a close friend who treats himself with methadone for back pain and he has been trying to stop using but continues to fail, and his health is diminishing, he does not have hepc but his dependency on the methadone keeps him from getting well,   I know what it means to suffer just like you, you have to fight to be well!

I'm fighting too!
Hope you get well soon!
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline Mike

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:09:45 pm »
Hi Darkist,

The symptoms you're reporting are right out of the list of side effects for methadone i.e., light-headed feeling, like you might pass out; dizziness, drowsiness, increased sweating; extreme fatigue; fainting; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; trouble sleeping; unusual tiredness or weakness and so on.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline kotlbland

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 09:58:05 pm »
Hello,
Have a good GI check up. Ammonia could be real high causing you not to rid of toxins in your body. My ammonia level gets real high causing me to feel that way also. An elevated blood ammonia level can affect your entire body. God Bless you, it's tough. I am having real hard time now.
Good luck, John

Offline kotlbland

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 09:59:07 pm »
Hello,
Have a good GI check up. Ammonia could be real high causing you not to rid of toxins in your body. My ammonia level gets real high causing me to feel that way also. An elevated blood ammonia level can affect your entire body. God Bless you, it's tough. I am having real hard time now.
Good luck, John

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 11:15:33 pm »
Hi Kotbland

What was your ammonia reading?  Are you taking lactiluose or Xifanan?

Are you currently being treated for hepc?

I was asking because I noticed you said you had high ammonia, my ammonia was @222 prior to treatment, and the brain fog and fatigue were making it difficult to function.
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
VL 2.2 mil.
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline kotlbland

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 07:10:09 pm »
Hello,
  My ammonia level has been up to 120 at times. Yes I take Lactulose and Xifanan. And certainly brings it down. Sometimes if I know i'm going to travel I don't take it makes me have diarrhea. Even at work, it's hard. try my best though.
John

Do you have a GI doctor? They generally do better than GP.

Offline Darkist

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 05:03:53 pm »
Its nothing to do with my 20ml a day methadone script, i was on 120ml a day before i had Hep C and never had these 'attacks' its only in the last 5 years its been happening.

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 10:12:18 pm »
@darkist,  how long have you been on methadone?   You realize that is synthetic herion right?   The accumulative effect of the drug over extended time has increased intensity and side effects..  Detoxing off of the drug would limit this Attack as you call it, what have you got to lose?   Try detoxing and see if it helps, at least then you will know...

If I'm dying, I'm gonna try everything I know to keep from dying...
I know the withdrawals are bad, I see someone dear to me going thru the same thing as you,   He's been 14 days off now and he's feeling better...
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
VL 2.2 mil.
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline Darkist

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 11:44:55 pm »
No ive had an attack like that when off the methadone. Its a very agressive attack sweat drips off my forehead like every second, i shake really bad and feel colder than ive ever felt, and i end up soaked in sweat like a bucket has been chucked over me also i get pins and needles in my fingers.

I also worked as a Drugs worker, and in a Rehab for 8 years so i understand methadone, ive been on it 7 years i was put on it in hospital when i had 4 operations on my kidney, after id got addicted to painkillers then used heroin when my painkillers ran out  they put me on 120mls for the heroin withdrawal and some extra for pain relief as i had a stent in my tube to kidney and was causing a lot of pain as well as the pain from the kidney stones i was 6 years clean at the time, this was when i had my first 'attack' when i was 6 years i was working nights in the rehab and thought it was because i was tired or dehydrated i didnt know i had hep c at the time so i didnt put it down to hep c.

My blood pressure definitely goes down, and im also 100% sure i dont get enough protein as i get like a morning sickness and dont get hungary till around 3-4pm and even then i dont have a massive appetite i eat a lot of things with rice like chicken or vegetable curry or a chilli, tend to drink tea in the  day as i dont have an appetite.

Over the years ive reduced from 120ml to 20, i managed to get down to 10 but struggled to get lower.

The other problem they have is getting blood as my viens are damaged the only place they seemed to manage was after being put out with gas because i get so nervous (im needle phobic) i start to jerk and spasm involuntary and they cant get a line in.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:49:35 pm by Darkist »

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.