Hepatitis C Main Forums > On Hepatitis C Treatment

Started Harvoni 3/12/15

(1/39) > >>

Sailor:
I took my first pill this afternoon in the car outside the pharmacy.  My wife brought along a bottle of water.  I am involved in a high stress job and have taken about 10 days off including weekends in the last 10 months.  But I want to get this over with.  I am 1B with a count of about 3,000,000.  They tell me 6 weeks, then a check up and either 2 more weeks of 6 more weeks.  My doctor figured out I have Hep C 10 years ago and cornered me when Harvoni came out.  I had been following the research and had come to the same conclusion.

My wife and I think a lot of the fear of the drug comes from the horror stories of the previous drugs.  My Doctor filled out the forms, I received my approval, took it to the pharmacy and the Harvoni arrived the next day.  So here we go!

We are excited because we have been living with the knowledge of this for ten years.  I don’t know if I have any symptoms.  I get tired because of poor sleeping.  But so does my wife.  I think it comes with the aging process.  Maybe something will change after the regimen is over (assuming I am cured).  We are really interested to see.

I stopped drinking about 15 years ago.  Had a biopsy in 2006 and 2009.  The results were stage 2 of 4.

hayliegirl:
I began taking Harvoni March 7th, just last Saturday.  Day (1) was more then fine, day (2) I was thinking, hmmm I can live with this, day (3+) I am struggling!!  Has anyone else experienced the heat rushing through your body?? I feel like I am boiling sometimes yet feel very cold on the outside.  I felt like since you were a newbie maybe we would be experiencing the same things??  I am ready to be cured, not ready for side effects!!

Anyone feeling this way??
Haylie

Perca05:
Hi...I started on 3/4, and will be on it for 12 weeks.  I went through a week of night sweats, but that has calmed down.  So far, the only side I have now is thirst, so I am drinking more water than I usually do.  I actually feel much better than I did prior to starting this treatment.  Hopefully nothing changes through the 12 weeks other than I become SVR!  I started with 4.1 mil VL.  Will have test done at 4 weeks to see what is happening.  Do not worry...be happy!

SIXFOOTFOUR:
Welcome and good luck!

I started march 6 for a 12 week course .

Probably contracted it as non A non B hep from a transfusion in a major accident in 1971, officially dx in the early 2000 when I went to give blood. VL for the past 10 yr has varied but I waited for a better tx and Im glad I did since the success rate is much higher and the side effects less than prior tx.

I guess Im lucky, only light headaches, very tired the first 3 days that has passed and occ nausea at about the 12hr mark after taking my pill.

I dont know if its just the knowledge that Im finally fighting this or effects from the Harvoni but now at 7th day I feel better in general, more energy and a clear head-focus that I dont think Ive had in years.  I think after reading alot of the stories on these forums that the side effects of chronic Hep C (pain, appetite, energy and more) often are not recognized and we take it to be part of  "aging etc" .

A lot of great info on here , best of luck in your tx.

hayliegirl:
You all are so helpful!! I'M NOT ALONE:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version