Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:14:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 50
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Express Scripts  (Read 6728 times)

Offline SIXFOOTFOUR

Express Scripts
« on: March 17, 2015, 03:15:37 pm »
I ran a search and did not see topic directly dealing with Express Scripts only some different responses from members dealing with them.

I have seen a lot of frustrated newer members tring to get tx and they have to deal with Express Scripts and are either denied or approved for Viekira Pak instead of Harvoni.

There are links to why Express Script announceed that they got a discount pricing for using Viekira Pak instead of Harvoni so that is thier drug of choice.

For those of you frustrated by denial or being offered Viekira Pak instead of Harvoni by Express Scripts dont give up they will approve Harvoni as long as your Dr provides all the info and a reason for Harvoni over Viekira Pak.

Im  a BC/BS HMO insured. I get meds from Express Scripts. I was denied 2 times earlier this year for Harvoni but offered Viekira from Express Scripts. I was happy to be able to get started on either of these newer generation of drugs and would have accepted Viekira over no TX or the previous drug programs. But my doctor was persistent that Harvoni was easier , less monitoring, fewer chance of side effects and he advised me to wait.

60 days later after 2 refusals and I got the call from Express SCripts that they approved and I could contact a specialty Pharmacy that they use in Calif called Mission Road to arrange delivery. It was couriered to me 4 days later and they had used the Support Path Discount CoPay coupon so my CoPay is 5.00.

To sum it up keep pushing if you want Harvoni they are making exceptions and it is possible to get Harvoni over Viekira from Express Scripts even though Viekira is their med of choice due to the discount they negotiated

Good luck to all seeking treatment and thanks to all of the other members that have shared information on their tx. This forum greatly helped me in my choice and answered a lot of my questions and fears of new tx. Thanks you all
Sixfootfour
* Contracted Hep C 1971 post transfusion (non A - non
   B Hep dx in 1971)
* Dx as Hep C early 2000
* Geno 1b
* Stage 3-4 Fibrosis by Biopsy and FibroScan
* VL at start of TX > 6 mil
* ALT/AST High normal range at start of Tx 
* Started Harvoni 12 week course 3/6/15 -
   completion 5/29/15
* Undetected at 6 weeks on Tx
* ALT/AST Mid normal range at 6 week blood test
* Completed 12 weeks (84 pills) 6/28/15
* Undetected at 11 weeks & 6 months EOT

Offline DisabledHepcat

Re: Express Scripts
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 03:53:24 pm »
The Viekira Pak and Harvoni I heard have the same efficacy, however keeping up the scheduled doses of the Viekira Pak sounds like a nightmare. Taking one pill at the same time every day is hard enough. I am glad I got my prescription 5 days after Harvoni was approved in October and became approved myself in November 2014 with no real proof needed from my Doctor of my condition because now it sounds like pulling teeth just to get some treatment unless your half dead.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:57:09 pm by DisabledHepcat »

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.