Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:02:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 105
Total: 105

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: When to draw lab tests?  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Kim

When to draw lab tests?
« on: March 14, 2015, 03:40:40 pm »
I'm done with 12 weeks of Harvoni on April 3, and my MD wants my labs drawn 2 weeks after that. Does that sound right?

Offline amy1662

Re: When to draw lab tests?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 04:51:22 pm »
I have heard different things from different people. My doctor wanted me to have labs done as soon as I was done. I had labs at two weeks and four weeks during treatment. I was done Feb 22 and had labs the day after my last pill. I asked him if I should wait and he said no. It makes more sense to wait a few weeks like your doctor is doing. It seems every doctor is different. I see him on Monday and plan on asking him when I should test again. I hope its in a few weeks just to ease my mind that I am still undetected. I would just follow what your doctor says sounds like he knows what hes doing. Good luck and let us know how you do. I have no doubt we got this beat.  :)

Offline donk

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 04:52:24 pm »
I don't think there is a standard lab plan for doctors. I had one at 4 weeks (UD) and will have one at the end of my 12 week tx which will be in 2 weeks. Your doc might figure if you are UD during tx you probably are after taking the last pill. He might think that 2 weeks after EOT will tell him more info. I like your plan more than mine.

Offline anniemybaby

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 08:03:16 pm »
I had labs every 2 wks for my entire treatment now that I've finished I go in for a 3 month n 6 month test
Annie

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.