Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:54:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 162
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Completed my 1st week on Harvoni  (Read 5934 times)

Offline bud345

Completed my 1st week on Harvoni
« on: March 14, 2015, 04:26:07 pm »
Started taking Harvoni on 3/6 and the first 4 days were fine. Next 3 days very tough. Constant diarrehea and I felt like I had the flu. Yesterday and today...I feel wonderful other than minor headaches!! I read a few people out here talking about milk and dairy products so I cut back on my favorite breakfast Cherrios for a few days but thats ok.
I will start working out again on Monday so I can get back to a normal routine. Thanks to all who come on here giving support to those newbies like me that don't know a damn thing about blogging lol.

Offline atomic dog

Re: Completed my 1st week on Harvoni
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 07:08:23 pm »
Congrats on getting through Week 1. It was my toughest week; feel like an old pro three weeks out. I also had diarrhea, headaches etc. Those went away a little bit each day. Regarding dairy, if you're not allergic to nuts, try almond milk or soy milk as a substitute. I'm working more anti-oxidants into my diet (blueberries are a good one). Drink lots of water every day--that's the unofficial motto of this forum.
Infected 1969, dirty needle
Geno 1a
Stage 2 fib, some necrosis
TX naive
1/29/15 ALT61; AST43
2/16/15 Started Harvoni; VL 1.5 m;
2/19/15 ALT40; AST24
2/29/15 ALT29; AST25
3/9/15 ALT28; AST25; 
3/9/15 < 20 IU/mL (3 wks) HCV RNA remains 'detected'
3/24/15 ALT30; AST25;
3/24/15 <20 IU/mL (5 wks) HCV RNA
4/10/15 <20 IU/ml (7 weeks) HCV RNA
4/20/15 ALT36; AST27
4/20/15 UND
5/11/15 UND (EOT); ALT33; AST25
6/11/15 UND; ALT 34; AST 29
8/14/15 UND
11/15/15 SVR, 24-wk EOT

Offline Ruthie

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 10:16:32 pm »
Congratulations on completing your first week!

The first 3 weeks were toughest for me. However, most people don't have that problem. They've died down for me and I'm used to them now. I still have diarrhea and nausea, but it's not a big deal to me anymore.

Offline bud345

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 07:01:02 am »
I'm hoping everthing stays ok with me on my 2nd week. I see my GI doctor Friday 3/20 and I'm praying for positive results. Still have minor headaches but my energy level is up so I will be going back to the gym and start working out again!

Offline Ruthie

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 11:41:36 pm »
That's awesome your on your second week now!

You can try a little caffeine or Tylenol or ibuprofen for the headaches. Usually a couple cups of coffee and water gets rid of mine. If it's really bad, I take 600 mg ibuprofen.

You're very lucky to have energy. Use it and enjoy it! I'm still waiting to get that energy LOL

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.