Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:09:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 66
Total: 66

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: After Sovaldi/Olysio Treatment  (Read 7454 times)

Offline Sleepingb32

After Sovaldi/Olysio Treatment
« on: March 26, 2015, 05:15:07 pm »
EOT labs just came back on around the 20th and for the first time in 12 years of treatments and illness, I am virus free!! I still have the 3 month tests but this is so awesome. My mind is clear for the first time in years and I have more energy. I feel so much better. This was my fifth treatment. I found it a little tough at times but overall not as bad as the past treatments. I am just so excited and happy.

I am confident that it is gone for good. They screwed up at the lab and my blood had to be taken a second time. It was longer than a week after treatment and I feel like had it been present, it would have already started multiplying again. Plus, I feel like me again.  ;D

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
Re: After Sovaldi/Olysio Treatment
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:00:14 pm »
Great news Sleeping, You should feel good about those results. I am now in the waiting game myself. I go in the morning for my EOT labs, then another Viral Load in 4 weeks.

Wishing more good news in your future.

Best wishes,

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989
Biopsy-cirrhosis stage 4 2000, no starting VL this round

3 rounds of Int+Rib
(Combo/48wks,Peg/26 Wks,Triple with Incivek/16wks)
UND with Incivek, Relapsed
Started 12 weeks Harvoni and Rib Jan 2nd,2015
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!
EOT at 12 weeks Undetected
EOT at 24 weeks STILL UNDETECTED
Completed TX Mar 26th,2015

EOT plus 4 weeks UNDETECTED
EOT plus 12 weeks UNDETECTED !!!!!!!!!!! I am DONE!

NO LONGER a member of the "WAITING GANG"

Offline Vflowers

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 10:48:55 pm »
Congrats to all, my friend, who I have supported & helped on this journey, who found out about the new treatments through this board, is finally clear & 6 months EOT no detect! So happy & proud of him for sticking with & trying the new treatments, he had given up & resigned himself to be taken by this dreaded monster. One more dragon slayed. :)

Offline Vintag54

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:25:15 pm »
Congratulations sleepingb32. I myself am on week 8 and virus free. I feel great. Mental awareness is very clear, like someone left a window open and cool air is rushing in. The hepc fatigue is gone.

I have bad headaches but they are getting better lately. Do have have joint pain but also that is getting better.

All and all this this treatment is a breeze compared to interferon/Rabavirin.

Seems like Olysio/Solvaldi has less side effects than Harvoni by what I have read.

Good luck!

Bob
Warm Thanks, Vintag54

HCV over 30 yrs.
64 yrs
Genotype 1a
Viral load in orbit.
3.5 mos of interferon/rabavirin
2/5/2015 on Sovaldi/Olysio

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.