Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 12:19:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Started Harvoni 3/18  (Read 7318 times)

Offline cycler

Started Harvoni 3/18
« on: March 19, 2015, 02:26:20 pm »
Like the title says, started yesterday, took my 2nd pill this morning.  Reason I started a new topic;  it would be easier for me to follow if I know which thread I posted in.  Senior moments are a reality for me.  Little background, 65 yrs old, male, contacted HepC, back in late 60s, early 70s.  Tried peg-interferon, actually did two cycles in a row, no luck, this was about 15 yrs ago.  Then, about 10 yrs ago, tried again with ribaviron, but, gave up after two weeks, it was too tough on me.  Type 1b, VL 7 mil. 

Would really appreciate suggestions, tips, on what everyone has done/tried and had success with, as far as managing side effects.  Diet, exercise, anything that has worked for someone.  So far, only a mild headache, but, 1 tylenol took care of that.  Thank you, Cycler.

Offline BubbaT

Re: Started Harvoni 3/18
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 07:23:12 pm »
Hi cycler,

I'm in week 3, doing well, no real problems,
One thing I would suggest is eat real nutritious foods, drink pleany water,
Rest and let the meds work....

I'm 57, still working and can manage well, I take the pill in the am, and sleep well at nite, listen to gos-pill music and I'm kicking the devil's arse....

God speed brother! Fight the good fight, a good fight is one you Win!
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline kauri

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:54:12 pm »
Hi Cycler,

I started Harvoni on the 18th, so I guess we'll be going through it at the same time. I'm 66 and am no stranger to senior moments, but I've realized lately that it only gets bad when I'm going through a lot of stress.
So far my symptoms have been mild, just drowsy to the point of falling asleep and very mild headache. Can't wait to get those results and see that viral count going DOWN.
I hope you sail through!

GT !a, likely infected '77 or '83 (needle or tattoo)
DX '95
'95 Interferon stopped bec. low white blood cell count
Fibrosis: F3MANY
Necroinflamm: A3SEV
Viral load at beginning of treatment: 27 million copies or 10.3 million IU/mL
HARVONI begun: March 17, 2015 12 week course

Offline cycler

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 08:05:35 am »
Bubba T and Kauri, thanks for the replies and good luck to you also.  Spent the better part of the afternoon yesterday researching this site, and it seems the most important thing is to drink a lot of water.  Half your body weight in ounces.  Cutting out sugar and salt, as much as I can, and replacing sweets with fresh fruit.  Only day 3, but, so far just a mild headache at times.  Thanks again, Cycler

Offline catladyx

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 10:32:31 am »
Hi Cycler, I wish you luck and success.

I am hoping to start soon if I am approved. I'm excited to follow those of you who are starting now and look forward to hopefully sharing my own progress down the line.
dx 2010
Geno 1a
probably infected 1992

Offline Junkyard

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 09:53:22 pm »
Started 2/13/15 Harvoni and riba. Got my 4 week labs, doc slow played me on the vl results, gave me all the other info and made me wait to see him with the results. He smiled and said undetected at 4 weeks. He was happy and I was very anxious. The riba is taking its toll on my hemoglobin but we will make it.
After being a null responder on inter and riba and then relapsing on telaprivir inter and rib for 24 weeks, this is a piece of cake.
Wish everyone well.

Offline cycler

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 10:19:33 pm »
CatladyX, thank you, and hope approval gets done quickly.  Took about 3-4 weeks for me to get my meds.

Junkyard, congrats on the good news.  Agree that Harvoni, so far for me, is a lot easier on my body than the peg-inter and riba was.  So far only a mild headache. 

Offline cycler

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 07:23:24 am »
Just an update...went for blood work after 4 wks, saw my doctor last week, and the virus went from 7 mil to undetectable.  Will be starting week 8, this coming wed., doing a 12 week treatment.  Still feel some fatigue at times, once in awhile a mild headache in the am.   

Offline kauri

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 08:30:52 pm »
Hi, Just an update for me too. I'm starting week 8 today. I'm basically not noticing any symptoms any more. I'm stronger and able to do more...great!
I also had to wait so my doctor could get to give me the happy news...from 27 million per ml, to zero in 4 weeks. Something tells me this virus doesn't like Harvoni very much. Best of luck to everyone on it, hoping to get on it, or trying it after failed attempts.
The course is going by so fast. Next week, two thirds through! When I think how anxious I was, that it would be bad somehow :)
GT !a, likely infected '77 or '83 (needle or tattoo)
DX '95
'95 Interferon stopped bec. low white blood cell count
Fibrosis: F3MANY
Necroinflamm: A3SEV
Viral load at beginning of treatment: 27 million copies or 10.3 million IU/mL
HARVONI begun: March 17, 2015 12 week course

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.