Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:08:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: post treament joints and hip pain.  (Read 25536 times)

Offline crock1953

post treament joints and hip pain.
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:09:27 pm »
hi gang this is my first post.  i'm a male 61 hep-c sent 1991 1a . I finish 12 wks of harvoni on 03/29/2015 untected at 4wk and 8wk alt aglt at 24 and 25 so thing are looking good thank god.   I would like to know if anybody felling back pain and joints legs pain after treatment???  how long before you are felling better??

Offline sugarfree

Re: post treament joints and hip pain.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:28:22 pm »
Congratulations!  I'm on my last week of Harvoni and am also ND.  I have been having a rough time with the meds but managed to hang in there.  Dr. Told me 3 to 6 months for everything to be out of our system.  The rest they don't know yet...we are the few cured.  Let's hope we both feel better!  Give it time and good luck

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 06:22:47 am »
@crock, i finished 3 weeks ago, i did not have any back pain but i did not feel great the last two weeks of treatment and maybe the first two weeks out. This week i finally feel like i am getting back to feeling well. 

stay well
kate

Offline crock1953

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 06:41:52 am »
thank all for the infor .   stay well and safe. I go back to the doctor on the 27 of april will know more then.  :)

Offline sunrise

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 05:51:00 pm »
Hi Crock
 Yes ,yes and yes. About halfway thru my tx of S/O I developed lumps on my Achilles tendons. It has become very painful to walk, and now I must wear support socks and not stand for.too long. My legs and hips hurt as well, I have had back issues for a long time, but never like this...It has been almost 3and 1/2months since EOTand still have it. I hope this goes awayas it is affecting every aspect of everyday life Best wishes Sunrise, oh I forgot to mention I am SVR 12!Thank God

Offline Mike Conwell

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 07:54:21 am »
I have 12 pills left and have the back pain but my biggy is the neck  pain. I had it before tx so I believe it was from the virus and it will take time to get over. my VL was 11,000,000 so I was pretty high. don't believe a virus and its affects are just going to disappear. Time will tell

Offline Kim

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 09:41:53 pm »
I finished a 12 week course of Harvoni 2 days ago and I feel downright awful!  Tired with Joint and leg pain, and especially wrist pain. I hope it goes away, but my MD has no idea of such complaints.

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 10:51:12 pm »
Hi everybody 

I'm at 5 weeks and have noticed legs joint pain and discomfort,

Do you thing that saunas would help detox the body of residual Harvoni in the blood stream? After treatment?

Why would it take 3-6 months to get out of your body?
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline debham

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 09:27:17 am »
Hi everyone this is my first post. I started Harvoni a week ago. I've had pain in my neck and shoulder the last few days. I'm not sure why perhaps from the treatment I'm not sure. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this treatment works for me. I go back to the Dr. on the 15th of April will be my first appointment since I started. I'm nervous.
Diagnosed 2003
VL 300,000
Geno type 1 a
Start TX 4/01/15
VL 2.3 million
Tx Naive
12 wk Tx
Harvoni
Last Ultra Sound
No presents of fibrosis

Offline OO7GUY

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 09:46:23 am »
yea i had neck pain for the first few weeks off and on, not too bad though .  but i havnt had them for awhile now. and i never got a headack. :) 6 pills to go on a 12 week trip :) iv done two other tx this one is apiece of cake. dont worry you'll be fine just set back eat right and drink your water
Diagnosed in 08, 1a first TX 08 was Boceprevir, cleared but relapse while still on TX 2nd TX 2010  Telaprevir nonresponder both combination with PEG/riba. 3 TX Harvoni started 1/22/15 doing 12 weeks finished 04/16/15

Offline Mike Conwell

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 07:05:17 am »
OMG I can barely get out of bed in the morning neck and lower back pain are terrible. Had 3 MRI's done and I have a fluid mass in my neck. I'll find out what it is on the 24th. Hopefully nothing but the pain is terrible. 5 pills left this morning. Going to be 4 in a few minutes when I take today's. Yay I've made it. Side affects HELL YEAH Harvoni has side affects but they are bearable

Offline coloradogirl

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 08:44:02 am »
I have had pain in my hip, and leg, and ankle. It seemed to show up after my last treatment 5years ago, and hung around forever. Last year, I had a cortisone shot  in my hip, and physical therapy. Still had the nagging pain. My trainer showed me how to roll out lumps using a cylinder. Then two weeks later, GMA had a spot on the "Melt" method of self massage, with an explanation about fascia binding up and causing pain. So I bought a cylinder and tried it at home. It has finally releaved my pain better than PT ever did. I had a cranial fascia masseuse that was the best. I wish I could afford her twice a week, but this roller sure works well.  I also ice if the area swells up. There might be a little hump to get over at first, but my pain and lumps are almost gone!
HCV 1a diag 2002
1st tx 2004 null responder
2nd tx 2010 clinical trial relapsed
Last biopsy 2010 F2-F3
Fibrosure inconclusive some parameters out of range
Abdominal Ultrasound 7/2015 - No sign of Cirrhosis
Pretreatment  vl 580,000
Started Harvoni 3/2/2015 EOT: 5/24/2015
4th week 3/27/2015 vl < 5.3 Undetected
8th week 4/23/2015 vl <5.3 Undetected
12 week EOT  5/28/2015 vl <5.3 Undetected
4wk after tx 6/26/2015 vl <5.3 Undetected
12wk after tx 8/19/2015 vl<15 Undetected!!!
I'm Cured! Yes!

Offline Tpropane

• Heal the past by living in the present.
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 11:58:02 pm »
I have osteo arthritis and had my hip replaced in 05. It was great. Hiking and yoga. Knee went bad 2 years ago. Had arthroscopic surgery 1 year ago to the day practically. Now its swelling and hurts more that it did before. This is after 12 weeks on harvoni. I'm just going to grin and bear it. I also lost a bridge 3 teeth that now need implants. I'm not replacing my knee or getting 3 implants until I'm done. So toothless and limping to the finish, I'll be. When I'm done. I'll take care of this other stuff. Priorities, I suppose. Liver, teeth, knee in that order. Maybe the knee will feel better after getting off Harvoni. Tho I do feel like a 1957 Mercedes diesel, chugging along that needs some work!
Hep C 1A / TT diagnosed 2009
Non Responder Boceprevir/riba/peg 2011
F-4 Cirrhosis
TX Harvoni 24 weeks started 1/20/15
2 week labs VL 174!
4 week labs UNDETECTED !
8 week labs UNDETECTED !

Offline Mike Conwell

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 08:01:07 am »
Anybody else having trouble going to the bathroom? Most people are saying they have loose stool. Me I'm shitting rocks

Offline debham

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 02:38:50 pm »
Mike I'm finally having normal stools. I usually suffer from loose stools but since I have started Harvoni all is fine. Water helps are you drinking lots of water?  I sarted Harvoni 12 days ago. Deb
Diagnosed 2003
VL 300,000
Geno type 1 a
Start TX 4/01/15
VL 2.3 million
Tx Naive
12 wk Tx
Harvoni
Last Ultra Sound
No presents of fibrosis

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 06:12:56 pm »
@propane and @ mike c.

You guys make me laff, but hay it's ok, were in this together,
I liked propanes line, like a57 cedes that needs work LOL :D
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
VL 2.2 mil.
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline ME93367

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 08:51:13 pm »
Greetings fellow HepMag readers and posters,

I am 65, found out I was HepC positive less than two years ago. Went thru 12 week Harvoni treatment and did not think it was that bad.

Actually, I think Harvoni is a blessing since I was undetectable after 4 weeks and at the end of the 12 week treatment. I am currently half-way before my 3 months after treatment follow-up test and keeping  fingers crossed (and my prayers on).

However, I have been suffering serious joint, leg muscle, and lower back pain since the Harvoni treatment ended. Not continuously but it seems as if it comes every other day (or something like that).

I think it could be something like fibromyalgia.

I started taking Zymbalta about 3 weeks before I started the Harvoni treatment and I found Zymbalta very helpful for joint pain I had back then, which was much milder than what I have had (some days) post-Harvoni treatment.

I am thinking, Harvoni may have aggravated the "fibromyalgia" (or similar ailment) I had OR may have interfered with the Zymbalta effect.

I am thinking about contacting my Liver Dr and my General practitioner to ask for a higher dose of Zymbalta.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 12:13:40 am »
Hi me93,

I'm not sure about zymbalta, but I think I would try some natural alternatives for myself, I am not keen on pharmaceuticals unless I'm trying to kill a virus like hepc,

I would suggest you juice lemons in water about 3-4 times a day and see if this helps the pains in your legs and joints, it's worth a try, and it's not expensive, and you won't Have side effects either...

Just my opinion, I'm 57, I experienced some legs and joints pains about 2-3 weeks into the 12 week. Course, however, after juicing the lemons, the legs pains were not an issue for me... I think your diet plays an important role in your physical well being... And I quit all artificial sweetners, and I do not take any Otc meds or any other pharmaceuticals, also I put 4-5 grams  of vitamin c powder, the very best kind I can
get in my lemon water...

In my humble opinion...
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
VL 2.2 mil.
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline ME93367

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 11:20:45 am »
Thanks Bubba T,

Just an update, I increased my Zymbalta dose (from 30 mg to 60 mg a day) on my general practitioner advice and have felt 99.95% better.

I think the other 0.05% pain is due to the fact that I am almost 65 years old and have not taken good care of my weight and joints over the years.

I respect Bubba's choice to not use pharmaceutical drugs but I have found that selectively using some can be helpful. I only take two prescription drugs: Zymbalta for nerve pain and Pantoprazole for GERD. This works for me but I know it may not work for everyone.

If you are having nerve/muscle/joint pain and it is impairing your ability to live well, I would advice you talk to your doctor and discuss some medication for it. I found it alleviated my suffering really fast.

Best wishes to all of you.

Offline ROEY

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 11:27:16 am »
Post Treatment on Harvoni for 12 weeks.  My last pill taken was last April 2015.  My last blood drawn was July 2015.  Okay so I'm grateful to be undectable for Hep C.  But I have never had pain like this in my shoulders and my knee.  It really sucks.  I was so grateful to get rid of hep C, but now I have these aches and terrible pains to deal with.  Anyone else been where I am?   I just really need some answers.  G D Bless U All.   Roey.           

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 10:31:01 am »
 Hey Roey,
  I started in July & finished up in October. Lots of lower back & hip as well as knees & neck. Back after Christmas My back and neck locked up to where I couldn't turn to the left. Been going to the Chiro., PT , and Massage Therapist since. Range of motion is returning but still having joint pain all over. Advil and Hot showers make it manageable as well as stretching. Lots of lab work trying to pin point what the cause is to no avail. At least I have not had a Migraine in about six weeks. That really screws up the neck and back. I realize that some is attributed to age , however I never had ongoing long lasting problems pre Tx.!

DON'T FORGET , YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!  I NEED TO EAT A SKINNY  PERSON! ;D ;D
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline Forest dweller

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 09:21:17 am »
Anybody else having trouble going to the bathroom? Most people are saying they have loose stool. Me I'm shitting rocks

I am too!! Week 2 just starting, constipation!! Drinking tons of water.....

Offline Carly

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 11:46:29 am »
Hello all,

Checked in for some comparisons and empathy I guess like all of us. I live and eat healthy. I am 19 days post Harvoni and had an extremely difficult time during the meds in just about every part of my body. Ups and downs, never consistency which makes it harder. The first 12 days after I stopped I actually felt great and then last week the general malaise has returned with severe pain in my fingers, wrists and forearms and legs plus extreme weakness. I am feeling as bad as on the meds. Yes I am cured and grateful but I had zero symptoms before I started and I want my old hiking self back. The Doctors really have nothing to say and I feel as though we are still test subjects.

I guess all we can do is wait. Good luck to anyone not feeling well yet.

Offline Mike Conwell

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 08:36:44 am »
I'm not trying to bring anyone down by no means. I'm over a year post treatment and still feeling horrible. I've had lower back surgery ( discectomy ) and I'm scheduled for neck surgery in a couple months. The joint pain is too much to bare. My train of thought is gone and every day life is not good at all. All my levels are normal. I now have degenerative disc disease and wondering how much longer I can work. My advise to anyone thinking about Harvoni is to wait on the new drugs that are coming out. Something better will be here soon. I don't care what anyone says Harvoni has many side affects. At least it has for me. I'm 54 years old and thought this drug would make me better WRONG!!!!! Please if your not already on this drug and have the option to wait another year or so please do so. Read the post treatment forum and do your homework. WORSE THAN I WAS BEFORE THE HARVONI. Sorry to say this but it's true.

Offline JimmyK

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 03:26:40 pm »
Greetings Mike,

I am very sorry to hear your discomforts. Like the rest of us one knows their own body better than others.

Back surgery, as you describe it tends to begin with degeneration which happens over time in many but not all people. It is a matter of loss of fluid that acts as a lubricant for the discs.
If I understand you correctly you had the procedure either before or sometimes after treatment with Harvoni. Clearly if before then unrelated to the drug, if after then within the last year.

Focusing on the after treatment scenario, Harvoni would have had to have the ability to degenerate the discs extremely fast to have such a rapid case which has resulted in surgery post treatment.

The two scenarios I am aware of are;
1) The ageing process which in and of itself tends to be a long span.
2) A sudden back injury via lifting or other "sports" injury. 

It may be wise to at least consider other causes for a condition that is in fact common outside of the population of folks who have Hep C and / or under treatment5 for the same.

I pray God blesses you with relief. My Son had some sports related back injury issues and they were horrible. I mentioned "had" because my wife and I lost him exactly 9 years ago today. I don't tend to discuss that and only mention it to say your pain is something many folks cannot understand.
God bless.
JimmyK
Gen 1a HCV PCR Q 3880000, ALT 94 AST 58, F2
Tx 1 Viek/Rib x 12 SOT 10/15/15 Breakthrough_Treatment Stopped 12/29/15

Tx 2 Harvoni x 12, SOT 04/15/16, EOT 07/07/16, UND week 4 and 12. EOT + 4 Weeks 08/04/16 will repeat HCV RNA to determine status due to NS5A and NS3 findings at EOT TX1 12/29/15. (M28T and Q80K,D168Y)
Considered an "interesting" case. Update EOT + 4 Weeks HCV RNA came back UND. On to 09/29/16 for SVR 12.

Offline SomewhereinTX

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2016, 11:19:48 pm »
I completed my tx a week and a half ago.
Just before completing it and since I have been experiencing sharp unexpected pain as well as dull aches in various areas on my rib cage on the right side.
Diagnosed November 2015
VL 1.1Mil
VL just prior to treatment beginning: 316k
F2-3
Completed 8 week Harvoni Treatment 8-18-16
Undetected after 8week EOT
Liver enzymes in normal range

Offline brie41

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 08:50:43 am »
Hi SomewhereinTX,

Congrats on finishing up your treatment and being on your way to svr for good.  I also did 8 weeks of Harvoni and was undetected 13 weeks after treatment.  I had some random pains here and there.  I still get some pain and tenderness in the liver area once in awhile.  It sounds like you have some inflammation still in the sac around the liver.  Hang in there!!  Brie
Diagnosed  HCV, 1A 2006
Viral load 6 million
Ast/Alt always in the 20's
F0-F1, never changed
Treatment naive, started 8 week Harvoni 3/15/16
4 and 8 week labs undetected
6 week eot labs undetected
13 week eot UNDETECTED!

Offline SomewhereinTX

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2016, 01:19:30 am »
Thanks Brie!
I'm not worried about it just is an unusual thing that came up.
I know our bodies are healing now and getting used to functioning normally again.
Diagnosed November 2015
VL 1.1Mil
VL just prior to treatment beginning: 316k
F2-3
Completed 8 week Harvoni Treatment 8-18-16
Undetected after 8week EOT
Liver enzymes in normal range

Offline Sams_mom

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 01:42:30 am »
I'm looking to share with others who also had to wait until AFTER they had cirrhosis before Big Pharma & Big Insurance would let me have the cure (Harvoni).  I took it for 24 weeks and have SVR.  I do not drink alcohol.

This pain in my hips, pelvis, legs, etc. is excruciating and making sleeping very difficult.  I am 56, already have fibro, osteopaena, osteoarthritis, and fell several times following our flood survival in 2015.  I've been having episodes of hepatic encephalophy (ammonia build up in blood) already, but my numbers are good, I'm not yellow, etc.

They gave me lactulose to get rid of the ammonia buildup that can lead to coma. Ask your docs about it.

I was told to take NO NSAIDs.  I used to take Cymbalta, but it caused pains in my liver which then radiated up to my right shoulder.  Please check with your doctor before continuing the Cymbalta...you may be ok if you don't have cirrhosis.

Anyone out there have cirrhosis and/or a prognosis?  I have a 15 year old son (yes, I know I'm getting on up there) that we're going to test for the HCV tomorrow.  Praying he doesn't have it.  Praying too that I live a few more years to see him grow up.

I was given no other advice.  I don't go back to the GI until next January.   I'm also wondering if anyone out there has been able to get on disability?

Please post if you have had luck treating the hip/bone pain.

Call him God, Allah, ET or whatever you choose, but I know there is a higher power somewhere watching out for all of us.  May he/she bless us all.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.