Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:00:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 102
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 56 days on Harvoni 28 togo  (Read 6418 times)

Offline WaltFrazier

56 days on Harvoni 28 togo
« on: April 13, 2015, 09:10:13 am »
I started my 12 week regime on Harvoni 8 weeks ago.  I was comparing it to when I had to take the Interferon and ribavirin pills from 2007 for 48 weeks.  I had heard the side affects were minimal but my sadistic side didn't believe them,  I expected less flu like symptoms but knew my body would experience some pain/discomfort.  Just wasn't sure what level.  Well I can honestly say now that this treatment has been a rollercoaster.  The first week I felt nothing. Always drank 128 oz water but I felt very little if any side affects. I am CEO of several companies. travel a lot, and maintain a busy lifestyle.  I was concerned I would have to cut back.  Well until week 3 I didn't./  Then  I started experiencing mild headaches daily...Water helped but never eliminated them.  Then 1x week I had migraine headaches with extreme nauseous/vomiting.  That put me down.   Since then, 1x per week I stay in bed with migraine/vomit.  The next day I can run a marathon.  Its so Odd and predictable.  The only think I cannot predict is what day it will happen on.  One day was in DC, One day in NYC.  my 4 week lab shows UND so I ma elated!!  I can deal with this 1x week BS.  I have reported this to the FDA as well as my specialty pharmacy.  I urge everyone with side affects to do the same. Everyone hang in there. There will be days that absolutely suck and you feel like your going to die...Then the pearly gates open and you feel wonderful....I'm a avid fisherman so in parting Tight Lines my Friends!!!!
54 Y-O Genotype 1a Since 1987
TX 2007 48 Weeks INTFR + RIBR ..Hell!
Week 62 Relapse
On Harvoni 12 week
4 Week Undetected!

Offline GLCII

Re: 56 days on Harvoni 28 togo
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 11:26:29 am »
Hang in there Walt

With 4 weeks to go, I think you can do it. On top of that you're a seasoned Inter/Riba vetran. What could be worse than that? I think anyone who can finish a full year of Inter/Riba should automatically be granted admission to the Army Rangers if not Seal Team Six
Pre Tx (VL 12043488) ALT 52/ AST 39
Harvoni Start Date 03/12
2 Week in Tx Results HCV RNA Detected, less than 15 IU/mL. ALT 19 / AST 19
4 Weeks in Tx Results HCV RNA Not detected. ALT 21 / AST 18
12 Week in Tx Results HCV RNA Not detected. ALT 17 / AST 19
--------------------------------------------------------------
Post 12 Week EOT Tx ALT 19/ AST 19 (Undetected)
Post 24 Week EOT Tx ALT 19/ AST 15 (Undetected)

Offline BubbaT

Re: 56 days on Harvoni 28 togo
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 10:00:27 pm »
Hey Walt, that's awesome, you are almost home...
Way to go man..
I can relate with your surmisal?  Is that a word? Lol who cares?
But yeah I know what you are talking about, same here, it's like what day is today?

Weird day or good day!
Those fever chill days and vomiting are the worst, with the aches and headache , u feel like a real champion! Lol

But, I'm almost half way, I can see the fishing line!  Me too!

Cheers
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.