Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:32:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Started Harvoni 1st week of March  (Read 5479 times)

Offline sjrene

Started Harvoni 1st week of March
« on: April 23, 2015, 01:19:08 pm »
Hi all!
Hep C for about 30 years. Found out about 20 years ago. Took Riboviran and Pegintron about 10 years ago.  That stuff was rough, took it for 9 months and it almost killed me.  Ended up with Anemia.  On a Liver Transplant List.  Started Harvoni 1st week of March. Had my second lab results last week, so at about 6 weeks, my viral load hit Zero!   Amazing.  Yes, this is a miracle drug.  This does not mean my Hep C is cured, so I am staying on the Harvoni for 4 more months, so it should be cured for sure.  Had headaches and insomnia from day one.  They slowed down and now just once in a while.  Now that my liver is not fighting the Hep C, it is doing ALL the jobs it should be doing.  With a big wad of luck, it will start to repair and regenerate itself.  Maybe not, but the liver is the strongest organ in the body next to the heart, but it is remarkable to be able to regenerate itself!
Rene

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Started Harvoni 1st week of March
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 02:42:00 pm »
Yes, this is amazing and miraculous. Congrats on your 6 week viral load being zero!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.