Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:25:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Finished Harvoni Regimen  (Read 10026 times)

Offline belgianista

Finished Harvoni Regimen
« on: April 17, 2015, 11:23:43 pm »
Hey all, I'm new to the board, and simply wanted to say that I just took my final dose of a 12 week regimen of Harvoni this morning. Tested positive for Hep C ten+/- years ago (likely had had it for 35 or so) and went thru the early Pegasys Ribavirin interferon clinical trials unsuccessfully back at that time. Nearly -0- side effects on the Harvoni, but also had to drink lots of water every day and I have been working out 30 minutes a day in the gym for the past year, so that helped. Tested -0- virus load at 4 weeks, and just had the blood drawn this afternoon for the exit testing as a follow up. Hoping that it's gone forever, fingers crossed.There will be one final virus load check at 12 weeks out and if still clear the good news is no one has ever had a recurrence after testing clear at that benchmark.
Also as a side note, when tested via the fibrosure blood test for liver condition it had come back as F4, but upon going for a fibroscan (ultrasound) which is much, much more accurate it came back as F0-F1 If you have only had the fibrosure blood work done in determining the liver condition, I highly recommend that you go for a second opinion via either the fibroscan or a biopsy. Best wishes for positive results to all.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
Re: Finished Harvoni Regimen
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 01:49:59 am »
Welcome to the forum and good luck

Wishing you SVR forever
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline charly8

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 02:30:26 pm »
if still clear the good news is no one has ever had a recurrence after testing clear at that benchmark.
Also as a side note, when tested via the fibrosure blood test for liver condition it had come back as F4, but upon going for a fibroscan (ultrasound) which is much, much more accurate it came back as F0-F1

Wow those are some major variability of results.  Mine are similar F3 (Fibrosure) to F0-F1 (Fibroscan).  Fibroscan was 4 months after.

When were your tests?
1a, VL  1.05 Mil, ALT 47
Fibrosure F3 December 2014
Fibroscan F0-F1 March 2015
1995 INT & RYB -non-responder
2007 PEGIN & RYB 72 weeks tx - partial responder relapsed
1/23/15 Started Harvoni 12 weeks, EOT 4/17
2 week blood work -  <15 Und. (ALT 25)
4 week blood work - <15 Und. (ALT 29)
2/20/15 added RYB (4 weeks into 12 of tx)
8 week blood work - <15 Und. (ALT 23)
(EOT) 12 week blood work - <15 Und.
4wk POST tx VL - Und. (ALT16, AST 17)

Offline belgianista

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 03:08:37 pm »
Both tests were pre-treatment and only 3+/- weeks apart. H0-H1 was my first results via biopsy upon being diagnosed ten years prior. I then went through the ribavarin interferon clinical trials and had an undetectable viral load while under treatment, but it came right back shortly after ending the trial. I will add that I stayed on a religious regimen of 750 to 1000mg of milk thistle per day for the entire duration of those ten years right up until I started my Harvoni. From what I have read and learned from the medical field, the fibrosure is quite inaccurate and while not as definitive as the invasive method of biopsy, the fibroscan has proven to be far more dependable. I was shocked at getting the H4 diagnosis as I am extremely active in biking, hiking, mountain climbing kayaking etc and feel and look in better shape than I did 20 years ago. Therefore I pushed to have the fibroscan done as a second opinion, and it came back H0-H1

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 07:50:28 pm »
Hey all, I'm new to the board, and simply wanted to say that I just took my final dose of a 12 week regimen of Harvoni this morning. Tested positive for Hep C ten+/- years ago (likely had had it for 35 or so) and went thru the early Pegasys Ribavirin interferon clinical trials unsuccessfully back at that time. Nearly -0- side effects on the Harvoni, but also had to drink lots of water every day and I have been working out 30 minutes a day in the gym for the past year, so that helped. Tested -0- virus load at 4 weeks, and just had the blood drawn this afternoon for the exit testing as a follow up. Hoping that it's gone forever, fingers crossed.There will be one final virus load check at 12 weeks out and if still clear the good news is no one has ever had a recurrence after testing clear at that benchmark.
Also as a side note, when tested via the fibrosure blood test for liver condition it had come back as F4, but upon going for a fibroscan (ultrasound) which is much, much more accurate it came back as F0-F1 If you have only had the fibrosure blood work done in determining the liver condition, I highly recommend that you go for a second opinion via either the fibroscan or a biopsy. Best wishes for positive results to all.

Thank you belginesta,

I also took milk thistle for 20 yrs prior to treating, and I was also alarmed at the F4,
Diagnosis of the fibrosure I got in February before starting Harvoni in March...

I was hoping that would be TRUE, about the test outcome, you have made my Day!
Cheers, and praise the Lord!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:59:04 pm by BubbaT »
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline belgianista

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 09:37:23 pm »
Great to hear my friend, you appear to mirror my case in many ways. I have great faith in the fact that milk thistle has tremendous beneficial qualities and will continue even after with a lower dose maintenance level as a supplement. Good luck, and will see you on the waiting team soon!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.