Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:36:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 77
Total: 77

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Arkansas State Health Insurance Expands Treatment Criteria  (Read 7948 times)

Offline Coach Mike

• Affordable Hepatitis C Treatment
Arkansas State Health Insurance Expands Treatment Criteria
« on: April 22, 2015, 02:32:26 pm »
The Insurance Board that administers health coverage for Arkansas teachers and state employees approved adding "other hepatic manifestation due to HCV" to its previous requirement of testing F-3/F-4 to qualify for Harvoni and Viekira.  This clears the way for people who are truly suffering, but didn't have the substantiated liver damage, to get treatment and start the process of living a life without HCV.  Hopefully, other insurance plans will follow Arkansas in embracing this common-sense approach.
Genotype 1a, Biopsy:11/2014: F-1, Tx Naive
Fibrosure, 7/20/15: F-1-2
Pre tx v/l: 1,600,000, ALT: 75, AST: 48
Started generic sofosbuvir & ledipasvir: 10/23/15
4 wk labs: 11/19/15, ALT: 21, AST: 16, V/L:  UND
Started 8 week Harvoni tx: 11/20/15
8 wk labs, 12/15/15, ALT: 15, AST: 13, V/L: UND
4/11/16 12 week EOT-Undetected
7/5/16 SVR 24

Offline outfitter01

Re: Arkansas State Health Insurance Expands Treatment Criteria
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 07:07:36 pm »
That is awesome I am going to request my doctor include that language in her letter to insurance even though I am not in Arkansas my insurance just updated their criteria as well.
genotype 1A diagnosed in 2004
viral count over 6 mil
positive for cryoglobulins
F2 on fibroscan
AST and ALT vary from 300 plus to norm

Offline Coach Mike

• Affordable Hepatitis C Treatment
Re: Arkansas State Health Insurance Expands Treatment Criteria
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 03:29:55 pm »
Hi,
I hope you are successful in your quest!  I visit my GI Wednesday for the first time since October-he is a very busy man it seems.... I am going to see if he will please explain to my insurance company that I am really suffering.  If not, I have a back up appointment in July with a doctor who believes everyone who has HCV and wants to get well should receive the best treatment available.

Keep fighting and keep me posted,

Mike
Genotype 1a, Biopsy:11/2014: F-1, Tx Naive
Fibrosure, 7/20/15: F-1-2
Pre tx v/l: 1,600,000, ALT: 75, AST: 48
Started generic sofosbuvir & ledipasvir: 10/23/15
4 wk labs: 11/19/15, ALT: 21, AST: 16, V/L:  UND
Started 8 week Harvoni tx: 11/20/15
8 wk labs, 12/15/15, ALT: 15, AST: 13, V/L: UND
4/11/16 12 week EOT-Undetected
7/5/16 SVR 24

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.