Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:14:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Restless leg syndrome on Harvoni  (Read 7219 times)

Offline Perca05

Restless leg syndrome on Harvoni
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:40:10 pm »
Hi all...I have been on Harvoni now for 4 weeks.  Just waiting for my labs now.  However, I wanted to see if anyone is have this issue.  I have RLS, but it is now happening almost every night, and it's bad.  Usually if it happens I can walk it off, but since being on harvoni, it hits around midnight and lasts for hours.   Is anyone else facing this?  Have you found a way to make it stop?

Thanks!

Offline Barbara Marin

Re: Restless leg syndrome on Harvoni
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 08:39:03 pm »
I have RLS which had been practically in remission before beginning Harvoni 9 weeks ago. The past 5-6 weeks it's been the worst ever. I'm on sleeping meds, so eventually I get to sleep. Another quasi fix is getting up and eating a half english muffin. Somehow I think a good dose of carbs calms it down. Hope this helps!
Geno: Mixed 1a/1b
Contracted disease 1970
Biopsy 1994 chronic active
Biopsy 1996 mild chronic
Biopsy 2013 stage 2/3
Prior to TX fatigue, joint pain, skin rash
Began Harvoni 1/31/15
Undetectable at 8 weeks
Spring 2015 CT scan showed cirrhosis
Last pill 4/24/15
No prior treatments

Offline crazycanuck

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 06:43:49 pm »
I have RLS which had been practically in remission before beginning Harvoni 9 weeks ago. The past 5-6 weeks it's been the worst ever. I'm on sleeping meds, so eventually I get to sleep. Another quasi fix is getting up and eating a half english muffin. Somehow I think a good dose of carbs calms it down. Hope this helps!
I am on day 12 of Harvoni and I am experiencing RLS and it drives me crazy on top of a whole bunch of other symptoms my Dr. never told me about. What personally works for me is rubbing my calves with peppermint oil at night and the menthol works magic!!! I hope this helps.

Offline DougW

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 09:35:48 am »
I am just now finishing my 5th week on Harvoni and have been treated for RLS now since 2008. I'm now taking 4mg of Requip and 300mg of Gabapentin and I'm going insane. I feel like chewing my feet off on a daily basis, mostly late afternoon or early evening. Been walking about 3 miles a day and that is a short term help. Many times I think I would give up the Hep C treatment for relief of the RLS. I think my RLS got considerably worse before I started the Harvoni.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.