Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:57:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: treatments  (Read 10735 times)

Offline TonyDMyLuv

treatments
« on: May 13, 2015, 01:52:24 am »
Has anyone ever heard of H2o2 IV Therapy for Hep C?  I haven't been tested yet.  My fiance' has Hep C and wasn't able to make his treatments like in the past.  His count is up to 8,000,00 (I think that's it).  As for me, I Have most of if not all symptoms.. Thinking down to even carpal tunnel syndrome.  I' going get tested ASAP

Offline Mike

Re: treatments
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 05:59:33 pm »
H2o2 is hydrogen peroxide. Injecting hydrogen peroxide in your body to cure or treat HCV is at best, an ineffective panacea, and at worse, very deleterious to you health.

I would ask your doctor about this when you get tested.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline TonyDMyLuv

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 11:20:17 pm »
He was diagnosed with Hep C in 1994.  He has been having these treatments for several years.his  count was 8,000,000 and went down to4,000,00.Within the last 8 months because of legal problems. he hasn't made many treatments.                   He had blood work done last week.  His count was back to 8,000,000.  He can't even make a fist.  Doc says its crystals forming in his joints, that could possibly burst if not tended to.  The Hep C is the cause of this. Any answers or help

Offline Mike

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 08:34:01 am »
HCV viral loads go up and down and do not remain constant. In addition, viral loads do not correlate with liver damage or disease progression - a person can have a very low VL (500,000) and significant liver disease; and a very high VL (18,000,000) and no liver damage or disease. Because of this, it is doubtful that the hydrogen peroxide is doing anything to the VL.

Lastly, I've never heard HCV causing crystals to form in the joints.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 06:39:45 pm »
Mike, can you explain more about viral loads and their relation to the hepc?
Does a higher viral load mean that the person is experiencing more symptoms?

Also, why does the treatment regimen take viral load into consideration when determining the  length of treatment prescribed?
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline CureSeeker

• Virus Free! Happy Dance Time!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 05:21:57 pm »
Hi Tony,

From my experience Doctors take your Genotype and weight into consideration when considering treatment.  I *think* the VL helps them track your progress while under treatment.

For your fiance, they may need to take into consideration how long ago he had his last HP treatment.  It may make no difference, or he may need to be clear of it for a while before he can start the new treatment.

As others have said, you and your fiance should get tested and get treatment.  The new drugs arent bad, and have been very effective as compared to the old standard treatment (inf/riba).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:26:06 pm by CureSeeker »
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

~ Arthur Conan Doyle

Genotype 3a, F 0-1
Sovaldi & Ribavirin x 24 weeks

2/23/16 - UNDETECTED!  SVR12 achieved.  :D
6/21/17 - UNDETECTED!  1.5 years post treatment.
July 2018 - UNDETECTED!

Offline Mike

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 09:52:49 am »
Viral loads wax and wane, and due not correlate with liver disease progression - that is you can have a high viral load and no liver damage and a low viral load and significant disease.

VL levels due correlate with treatment outcome, however, and the research suggests that the lower the VL the easier to treat.

This has changed, significantly in recent times with the advent of Sovaldi-based treatment protocols.

I had a high VL when I started treatmewnt (9 million) and cleared the virus in less then 2 weeks. I was on a 12 week treatment protocol (SOL+INTF+RIBV) and had was cured last year.

Best wished, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.