Hepatitis C Main Forums > Living with Hepatitis C

symptomps

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lynn K:
No idea I am not a doctor just a hep c patient. Is your immune system compromised by HIV? That would be the primary cause for delayed seroconversion.

If concerned you can always retest to be sure. What does your doctor recommend?

None of us here are doctors and most are not medical professionals of any kind. We are a community of fellow patients coming together for mutual support and to share treatment information and experiences living with and treating hepatitis c and the effects of liver disease.

Your best source of information regarding your individual health concerns is your primary care provider. I suggest you could ask your doctor for their recommendations and diagnosis of your health.

Good luck

neibet:
Hi Lynn
  I have tested for hiv at the same time and was negative.
I really appreciate the kind of support you are providing on this site.
Unfortunately I can not talk to my doctor till next month.

Lynn K:
Well as you are HIV negative likely your hep c test was also valid as a negative result. And as none of this sounds like a medical emergency I am sure seeing your doctor next month will provide you with much more valuable information

neibet:
An update from my side: I had uveitis (eye inflammation) 3 months ago my doctor asked me to do a lot of Tests to find the root cause including Hla b 27 which can cause reactive arthritis.
I turned out to be hla b27 positive, I was experiencing joint and back pain the last years.  Now I am wondering if this could be a side effect of hep c infection ...

Lynn K:
The presence of HLA-B27 is associated with certain autoimmune and immune-mediated diseases, including:
ankylosing spondylitis, which causes inflammation of the bones in your spine.
reactive arthritis, which causes inflammation of your joints, urethra, and eyes, and sometimes lesions on your skin.

Testing positive for HLA-B27 is unrelated to hepatitis c it is an auto immune condition.

And you do not have hepatitis c

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version