Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:34:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Personality changes?  (Read 6193 times)

Offline sallen1965

Personality changes?
« on: May 24, 2015, 12:40:18 am »
My husband has been taking Harvoni for a little over a month.  I was wondering if anyone experienced changes in personality?  He is not himself at all.  He has become belligerent and hurtful toward me and our girls.  Has anyone else experienced this type of change?

Offline BubbaT

Re: Personality changes?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 11:58:41 pm »
Yes, dear,

I would be as kind as you can to him....
For me it. Was very difficult the first month, so please for his sake, given him a little grace, he will thank you later....

As I progressed thru the 12 weeks it became easier for me, so I'm hoping it will be for him also, if you can help him eat healthy it will help his mood....

Just my experience, I take the last pill today...and it gets easier as you go thru...

Hope this helps...
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 01:28:54 pm »
I'd also add - take good care of yourself. Don't feel guilty if you want to do things on your own, and engage in activities that feed you - you still have a long haul ahead.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Ledoc01

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 01:53:10 pm »
Hang in there Sallen.

To answer your question; Yes I too noted I was a bear at times while taking Harvoni.
It was really annoying, for me and those who had to deal with me. I noted recently (having had to deal with a fusion in my neck and one in my lower back in the last 3 years) that being in pain...all the %## time tends to make one less than cheery.

I took my last pill of the 12 week Tx 9 days ago; I have not yet settled back into an equilibrium. Fact is, I don't know what the "new normal" is supposed to look or feel like. I didn't know I had HCV or Cirrhosis until a few years ago so to be honest, I don't know which of my malady's are from that and which are just getting older. That's what I'd assumed things were. In any event, this is the best option at present with the least side effects from what I've gleaned.  Regarding those side's; a lot of varied SE's have been noted on this board. Some of us have more..some less. From what we currently know...the positive potential (clearing the virus) outweighs the negatives. Of course in truth nobody knows what the long term effects will be...I'm hoping extended life will be the stand out. Also, as was suggested taking a little "space" time for your sanity is a good idea for ALL concerned. Something else I noticed was that feeling like warmed over manure was bad enough...feeling that way and having the pressure (in my mind at least) to put on that smiley face for others was a lot worse.

The odds are in your favor :-)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.