Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:36:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: confused scared  (Read 9749 times)

Offline canttakeit

confused scared
« on: May 27, 2015, 10:43:59 am »
About 3 months back on march 5th I took a trip to Florida visited a strip club got a hand job with stripers spit.She just finished with another client prior.6 days later developed swollen lymph node white patch in mouth and felt sick.14 days after incedent came down with fever frequent urination took a few days to clear.After being fine on April 9th I developed frequent urination and headed home.Went to er they said prostate was swollen drew blood said no sign of infection sent me home with bactrim D's antibiotic.started it and noticed achy kidney area and pain by my liver right below Breast right said 4 days later back to er about pain.they did ultrasound over kidney gallbladder ran a ezym test all normal.I decided to stop antibiotic.Pain went away prostate swelling went down all back to normal.Had urine tests all normal Cbc count normal just elevated lymphocites on April 20th.Around may 3rd I had a beer and noticed pain stabbing in my liver area.It went away in the morning.I started experiencing that pain again a few days  later off and on accompanied by nausea and fatigue.Its been going on 2 weeks with some joint  pain.The only other possible exposure I had was when visited er on April 14th dry blood on blood pressure cuff about quarter  size nurse went to  pull cuff it slid down may have made contact with my dry cracked hand.

Offline Unsure86

Re: confused scared
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:43:09 pm »
Hepatitis C is most commonly spread thru blood on blood contact it's rare to catch it thru sex and would be even rarer to catch during oral sex unless she had a cut in her mouth that was bleeding and you had a cut on your penis the only other thing is it could be hepatitis A or B which can be transferred thru bodily fluid if your a frequent drinker over time you can develop liver conditions or unless you haven't been tested for any of the hepatitis viruses it is quiet possible for you to have had the infection for many years without knowing you had it as there are little to no symptoms get the tests and have your liver checked as could be liver cancer or cirrhosis of the liver which I believe can develop into liver cancer  hope this helps answer your question

Offline canttakeit

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 08:28:11 pm »
I researched the ones u mentioned doesn't sound like them.I never use drugs I barely drink I was fine up until a month ago

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 12:33:34 am »
What you have described are not symptoms of hep c. If worried wait up to 6 months and have a hepatitis c antibody test then you will know for sure.

Also I would like to suggest if you have sex with sex workers and strippers you really should be using safe sex practices. There are several different medical problems you can avoid by using barrier protection.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline CureSeeker

• Virus Free! Happy Dance Time!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 09:06:31 am »
I would add to what LynnK said, get tested for HIV, if you havent already.  If you are going to continue to have unprotected sex with anyone, get tested for it about every 6 months.

It could be nothing, or something simple like a recurring urinary tract infection, but since you are exhibiting high-risk habits, thats a big one to check out.

HIV makes people prone to opportunitic infections.  Dont let fear keep you from finding out whether or not that is your problem.  It's not an automatic death sentence anymore with early detection and treatment - but its not wise to ignore the possibility.

Best wishes!

P.S.  The next time you have extra money to spend like that, spend it on an Internal Medicine doctor instead for a complete checkup.  The ER is not going to give you your most comprehensive results.  Its there for life-threatening emergencies (heart attack, loss of limb, things that need immediate treatment), and to stablize patients enough so that they can be sent home and follow up with a doctor in his office.    Skip an evening out, and make an investment in yourself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early Symptoms of HIV Infection

Acute HIV syndrome symptoms vary in terms of the number and type of symptoms you may experience and their severity. Common symptoms that occur in approximately 50 percent or more of people with acute HIV syndrome include:

Fever (100.4 to 104 F), possibly with night sweats, in at least 80 percent of people;
    Swollen, sore “glands” (i.e., lymph nodes);
    Achy joints and/or muscles;
    Rash, especially on your upper body, neck and/or face;
    Lacking energy, tiring easily or sleeping more than usual;
    Reduced appetite, which may lead to weight loss; and
    Headaches.

Less common symptoms of early HIV infection include:

Painful, ulcer-like sores in your mouth or on your genitals;
    Yeast infection of your mouth, throat and/or genitals; and

Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea.

Read more at http://www.symptomfind.com/diseases-conditions/early-symptoms-hiv/#Y1BbEpelJh5z72oI.99
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:47:31 pm by CureSeeker »
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

~ Arthur Conan Doyle

Genotype 3a, F 0-1
Sovaldi & Ribavirin x 24 weeks

2/23/16 - UNDETECTED!  SVR12 achieved.  :D
6/21/17 - UNDETECTED!  1.5 years post treatment.
July 2018 - UNDETECTED!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.