Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:59:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 91
Total: 91

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Started Harvoni 5/26  (Read 7510 times)

Offline catladyx

Started Harvoni 5/26
« on: May 27, 2015, 12:47:15 pm »
First pill last night. So far, so good. Felt good today, but just ate lunch (a turkey sandwich and tiny cup of potato salad). Now I feel nauseated. Maybe I should stick to smaller, lighter, simpler meals.

Slept well last night, but not sure that will always be the case. How are people handling insomnia? Is melatonin a no-no on TX? I will need to look that up along with valerian.
dx 2010
Geno 1a
probably infected 1992

Offline catladyx

Re: Started Harvoni 5/26
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 10:24:20 am »
2nd pill last night. Still OK. A little jittery, but then again i always am. Felt very mild nausea after meals yesterday.

This morning (TMI alert) urine slightly orange, stool pale - that has NEVER happened before. related? Not sure.
dx 2010
Geno 1a
probably infected 1992

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 12:37:02 pm »
Hi Catladyx, and congrats on starting treatment! :) You will, in all likelihood, be cured since the majority of people on Harvoni are cured by it. So that is certainly something to look forward to. :)

I am into Week 4 of 12 weeks of Harvoni+Ribavirin. If you are taking your Harvoni in the evening and having trouble with insomnia, I would suggest taking it in the morning instead. Many of us do. I found that I get a significant energy boost for 4-5 hours after taking my Harvoni each morning at 9 am. And I want to be able to take full advantage of that energy to get some work done. Whereas I definitely do not need that energy when I am lying in bed trying to sleep.

I was experiencing a lot of appetite suppression on these drugs (not sure in my case if it was the Harvoni or the Riba). I haven't had nausea, but some foods I used to love just sit in my throat like a lump of wet cement. I was losing weight, and I do not have any weight to lose. But I have figured out ways to get food into me, and my appetite is coming back.

All sides I have experienced so far have been minor, and all have reduced or disappeared within 10-14 days. It's as though my body figures out how to deal with each new thing that manifests. I have been going about my normal life with no problems and no discomfort so far. I expect to experience tiredness and fatigue further in, due to the Ribavirin-induced anemia. But since are on Harvoni only, you won't have that problem.

Good luck to you! :)
kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline grateful908

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 11:57:40 pm »
Hi Cat Lady- I'm Chris. I started Harvoni 5 days ago... I have no side effects to speak of. I did feel like I was going to vomit a couple of times, but I attribute that to stopping my omeprazole for esophageal ulcer a day before starting the Harvoni. I take my Harvoni at ~10:00 pm. I'm sleeping very soundly by 1:30-2:00 am. I too felt bloated after eating. I'm switching to Yogurts, fresh fruit, vegetables(fresh). I don't know if that's helping my nausea but I haven't felt any more... I spoke directly with Gilead about maybe taking my omeprazole 12 hours after my Harvoni, and they said absolutely not. The Harvoni is broken down by stomach acid, hence NO KIND OF ANTACIDS!!!! She did however recommend CARAFATE. It is a prescribed medicine that coats the stomach and is completely safe to use with Harvoni. As far as other side effects, she said common sense and discuss with your Dr. what your options are. We're basically starting this at the same time. If so inclined, you can E-Mail me direct for more in depth chats.  grateful908@gmail.   Lets get thru this together. Chris

Offline grateful908

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 12:16:31 am »

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 01:11:39 am »
PS: Here is some facts to maybe help you understand food & the Liver..https://www.glwd.org/serve.do/content/nutrition/illness/liver_disease_fact_sheet.pdf;jsessionid=D7BB08F692A696156B43B27578CCFB7D?property=Publication&aid=20853.

That was a very useful Fact Sheet, grateful. Thanks for sharing it.

kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.