Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:22:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: SVR24---undetectable  (Read 14232 times)

Offline DesertGuy

SVR24---undetectable
« on: March 31, 2015, 06:22:04 pm »
Yep, I made it. It was about a year ago I discovered Sovaldi. This was my first meetings with this doctor also. Today will be the last I'm sure.  but--it took until July 1st for me to have the pills in hand, paid for by my insurance and the copay. 24 weeks of Sovaldi and 1200 mills of Riba a day. I'm Genotype three and with cirrhosis already. It kicked my butt.   Did it with zero help from my doctor, no antidepressants, lived on this forum daily for a while, became very depressed, angry, and smoked a ton of pot. But now I'm 60, virus free, stress free, and moving on---Later all  !!!!!

Offline C-FIGHTER

Re: SVR24---undetectable
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 06:49:57 pm »
Congrats to you Desert Guy, the road was long but you have arrived.  Hope to join you in about 10 weeks, wishing you health and happiness.
diagnosed 2010 Hep C
genotype 1b
HCV RNA >4000000 01/13/2015
F0-F1 04/2014
Harvoni March 20 2015 - June 11 - 12 weeks

April 14-Day 26 on Harvoni- Viral Load - UD
ALT 27    AST 27

Offline WmAllen

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 07:03:42 pm »
Goodbye and Good Luck. Just started my 24 Weeks of Harvoni treatment last week. No Ribavirin, Thank God.
I was Cured after 12 Weeks of Harvoni
My 6 Months BW showed all of my Tests levels
in Normal Range and Virus Undetected.
I had a n easy time on TX.
Good Luck to All and
God Bless

Infected '79
Peg/Riba '05 failed
Harvoni Start Date 3/27
12 Weeks
5/9 Test Result
Alt 40
Ast 30
HCV RNA <15 undetected.

Offline moma

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:55:58 pm »
Doc appointment today-Test results "UNDETECTED" I had so many doubts these last three months. Now three more months of waiting to see if it is just hiding in a little space somewhere in my body to come back and bite me in the butt! Why am I still so negative about this process? Well, for one, how do they know how long to wait for it to be a sure thing? OK, and I'm sitting there with "the rash from hell", and the doc is telling me how he doesn't think it's from the Harvoni! What????? I'm so sick of these, know it all doctors, playing god. We're the lab rats here telling, no, showing them what is going on and they are telling us we don't know what we are talking about. I'm not listening to anyone that hasn't been through this treatment personally. We all need to stick together-I'm starting a protest against Dumb Ass Doctors- MoMa

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 10:37:40 pm »
I hear u moma,

I was telling my Gi internal med Dr. about my blurred vision I have been dealing with during certain periods and days, it Comes on certain days, I think it is glucose related, because I don't have it all the time, it happens in between meals and maybe when I have had too much sugar, my eyes will be blurred, and then after a good meal it will go away....

He says oh, that's allergies....   I never had any allergies...
And I have been having these symptoms for a long time with the hepc, so I'm convinced they don't know like we know....

I told him next week we could start him on Harvoni so he can know what symptoms are from Harvoni and what are not!

@desertguy, did the pot help with the depression?
It left me hungover and hungry...
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline moma

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 06:22:42 pm »
BubbaT our thoughts are one. I laughed about having your doctor take this stuff and see what he has to say then. You are so right about the blurred vision and glucose. I've noticed sugar is tolerated differently at different times. That doctor visit also pissed me off because he wrote down anxiety on my visit report. What the hell, he was the one making me anxious! How would he feel if no one listened to him because his symptoms weren't ok'd by the FDA? I've had this crap for 43 years I think I know a little about how it effects a person, and been through Interferon too. Depression is my middle name. I've been on antidepressants for years. I'm hoping getting rid of this virus will cure that too. Then we can use pot for fun times again, not just medicinally!  7 days to go--------- MoMa

Offline Mike

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 06:31:07 pm »
Desert Guy,

I'm so happy to hear this. I remember there were a lot of ups and downs; but you made it!!!

Best, best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline CE

• Genotype 3. Sovaldi & Ribavirin 24 weeks.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 07:10:03 pm »
Congrats, Desertguy! I am so very happy for you. So encouraging especially to hear a fellow geno 3 beating the beast! I have less than 2 more weeks of treatment, then start the waiting game. I do hope and pray that I get to shout that "cure" word! This forum is also a big help to me. Best of everything to you Desertguy! You definitely battled hard for it! Enjoy your new HepC free life! Take care. -- Chris
Chris :)
Diagnosed July 2014
Genotype 3
Viral load of 950,000
Most likely from blood transfusion in 1978
Treatment started November 2014
Sovaldi and Ribavirin for 24 weeks
End of treatment April 2015
SVR12 July 2015!!!!!!
SVR24 October 2015!!!!!
Cured!!!! Praise the Lord!!

Offline mikeyman

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 12:55:35 pm »
Congrats Desert Guy! 2 weeks and 5 days left of 24wks of Harvoni for me and I am DONE!
UND and hoping for the same in OCT SRV24 bring it on! My Next blood work is in May.
Enjoy the rest of your life dude!
Peace
MikeyMan

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 02:01:18 pm »
Desertguy rides his Harley into the sunset never to be seen or heard of again.
Virus Free.   Well ALRIGHT!!! 8)

Offline badbradley

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 02:51:04 pm »
I can picture Desertguy walking away from his last visit to the Doc, mounting that Harley and the last thing his Doc saw was a big "flippin' the bird" patch proudly displayed on the back of his sleeveless jean jacket! Way to go Desertguy.
Brad
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline DesertGuy

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 01:19:37 pm »
Hey---well yes and no. Did tell the Doc off--but it took a few months--and did ride off into the desert, but no longer.  I am virus free, but am not physically back to what I was pre-treatment. For one, the ringing in my ears that began at about 12 weeks has gotten so bad, hearing aides are on the way. Ear doc says the Riba was the trigger for some damage to react.
Don't have my energy back, or my concentration. This concentration thing, has sidelined my riding for a while.
Just last month I requested my records from the Gastro that treated me. Took almost 30 days to get them. Couldn't believe what I read or didn't read. Zero mention of any side-effects, except anxiety and he in writing said it was my personality. I had to travel 200 mile round trip every 6 weeks for this guy, and I was lucky if he added 15 words to his visit report.
I originally went to the doc for a vomiting and nausea issue. Which has returned. Probably went away during treatment because riba was keeping my problem at bay.
But I am virus free, and that monkey is off my back. Just sent in my paperwork for my 4th year of being a medical marijuana patient.   So I don't bitch as much as I used too--Happy Trails!!!

Offline moma

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 07:50:16 pm »
Way off the subject here-
Have any of you had alcohol since stopping treatment? Does anyone have an opinion or thought on the subject? It's getting hot here and a margarita is sounding pretty good! Do you think if we are undetected, having a glass of wine etc. would spark a relapse? Or can we think of ourselves as really "normal"?
I'd like to know what some of you think-
MoMa

Offline Mike

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 08:00:57 pm »
Yes. I have done some drinking since the end of treatment. Have had no issues.

Just had blood work today:

ALT - 14
AST- 13

The best numbers in a year.

Personally, I don't have a problem with moderate drinking, as long as you don't have significant liver disease, are not an alcoholic, and have cleared the virus.

There are a lot of opinions on this subject; but for me, an occasionally drink is not a concern of mine.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:04:09 pm by Mike »
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Karen3717

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 08:18:49 pm »
I absolutely do not think one drink here and there would cause a relapse because alcohol didn't cause the Hep C to begin with.  I do think that regular, long term drinking might possibly undo the treatment benefits of liver healing.  I will be vacationing in France this year and I am most assuredly going to drink a few glasses of fine wine along the way!  I discussed this with my doctor & he said it would be fine.  He did not say that drinking on a regular basis would at all be ok, but an occasional drink...no big deal.  There are others who have differing opinions on the subject. Honestly, I would just trust your doctor's opinion.  We have all been through so much, I do think we deserve to indulge in a little pleasure.  All things in moderation!
Transfusion 1982; Multiple accidental needlesticks; healthcare worker
(+) HCV antibody 1991
Genotype 1a
2001-Pegintron/Ribavirin 48 wks. Relapse 2mo post tx
2015-VL 316,000
Fibrosure-F2
Started Harvoni 3/13/15
2 weeks:  HCV PCR <15-DETECTED
4 weeks: HCV PCR <15-DETECTED
8 weeks: HCV PCR <15-DETECTED
12 weeks:  HCV PCR: NOT DETECTED!
4 Weeks EOT: HCV PCR:  NOT DETECTED!
12 Week post TX:  HCV PCR NOT DETECTED!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 01:17:25 am »
On the other hand for a patient like myself with F4 cirrhosis since January 2008, even though I just made SVR 4 today and hopefully I am finally cured, alcohol is forever off my list.

If you are SVR and the virus has been eradicated nothing can make it come back it is gone. Either you have hep c virus or you do not.

So if you are, SVR and don't have liver damage, all I have to say is cheers and have a glass for me!
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 11:52:33 am »
desertguy-----or mister incognito   8)

I just found out I am svr/24 after 6 months treatment with sovaldi/ribavirin. My neuropothy is still hanging around, but not getting worse. I am still cryo positive, and itch all over, but no rash or flares. I think the itching is my flare, and I can't stand it. Now I go to see a reumy, cause I want pre-emptive treatment. I am not waiting to see if cryo "disappears" I see no proof anywhere. I have other symptom, such as fatigue, some loss of blood that have to find out if cryo is the culprit. Reumatoid factor not going away, but I have no reumatoid arthiritis symptoms. I may be tired from low iron because of the slow blood loss, so it has to be tested for the culprit. My opinion is don't count on the cryo to go away, at least not to quickly. Things may improve, but for me things are staying the same , just good to know the hepc is gone. When the liver rejuvenates, the body may do some self recovery. I am just in waiting mode.

I think the ribavirin has a lot to do with slow recovery, it does damage and is slow to leave the body. From now on I am going to a new liver doc, decided he really does not care, he balkedk at doing an upper endoscopy. He did a conoloscopy 6 monts ago, probably does not want to find out if he caused the blood issue. I'll find out and I have all records.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.