Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 04:37:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Another UND at end of treatment FINALLY!  (Read 10973 times)

Offline Mugwump

• My number of posts means nothing, piscor ergo sum!
Another UND at end of treatment FINALLY!
« on: June 02, 2015, 03:31:46 pm »
Virology
Hepatitis C
Specimen Description
Hepatitis C Virus RNA (PCR/NAAT)
Plasma
No HCV RNA
detected.
Not calculated
The assay is
quantitatively
accurate between
15 and
IU/mL.

Printed on: 2015-06-02 11:17

Reference Range - Units
IU/mL
log10 IU/mL

What this means is that for the first time ever a viral assay test has shown me to be clear of the virus. My chances of clearing and being SVR just went up considerably!

Love and all the best vibes, prayers and wishes to all here and everywhere that are going through this journey.

And especially all those who are waiting for this outcome YOUR CHANCE WILL COME!

Eric
Caution shameless self promotion below :-)
https://www.hepmag.com/article/eric-reesor-27742-782589663
DING DONG MY DRAGON (HCV) IS FINALLY DEAD!

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
Re: Another UND at end of treatment FINALLY!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 03:34:39 pm »
CONGRATS!!!!  Happy Dance time!!! 
Treatment naive
Likely contracted mid-70s
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2
Harvoni X 12 weeks, completed 5/17/16
Pre-treatment: VL 3 mil, AST 64, ALT 84
4 week labs: VL 30, AST 21, ALT 14
8 week labs: VL UD!!!, AST 22, ALT 16
12 week labs: VL UD, AST 23, ALT 14
2 wk EOT: VL UD
12 wk EOT: VL UD, AST 22, ALT 13 =  SVR 12! Yay! 
Last hep appointment: VL UD, AST 19, ALT 12 = SVR 39! I AM DONE!

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 09:24:27 pm »
Virology
Hepatitis C
Specimen Description
Plasma
No HCV RNA
detected.
Not calculated
The assay is
quantitatively
accurate between
15 and
IU/mL.

Printed on: 2015-06-02 11:17

Reference Range - Units
IU/mL
log10 IU/mL

What this means is that for the first time ever a viral assay test has shown me to be clear of the virus. My chances of clearing and being SVR just went up considerably!

Love and all the best vibes, prayers and wishes to all here and everywhere that are going through this journey.

And especially all those who are waiting for this outcome YOUR CHANCE WILL COME!

Eric

Good news Eric!

I just got my eot results,  5-26-15 after 12 weeks undetected, the Dr wants to wait until 12 weeks for another
PCR test...instead of at 4 weeks...   Monday will be 2 weeks post treatment... And I'm feeling better each day...
Thank you Lord Jesus...
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline Mugwump

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 01:35:52 am »
Thats great Bubba, I guess it makes sense waiting for 12 weeks post treatment. Here is hoping that it stays UND for all of us. Unlike having a 12 week treatment those of us who went through 24 weeks should see UND at EOT. Perhaps some people on 12 week tx are indeed still showing random but inactive rna strands.

My viral load was less than 3 million at the beginning of treatment so I very well might have cleared with 12 weeks of treatment. But I am glad I was not forced by Blue Cross to take that chance. Especially seeing the statistics for those who required another treatment if they were in about the same circumstances and only took 12 weeks of Harvoni. Who knows my VL about 6 months prior to treatment was most likely way up there because at that time I knew the virus was killing me at a faster rate I was weak and sick and out of work so most likely my immune system was combating the virus quite well just before treatment so my VL was actually down when they finally decided to spend on a test again instead of just relying on ast and alt.

My ast and alt were all over the map in early 2014 so when the option for re-treat came up around August last year we had no idea whatsoever where my VL was at.  My VL count had not been assayed since 2005 and even when I asked back in 2011, the test was refused by our health care system. Thank heavens I have a very good GI who goes to bat for HCV patients! I can see the situation is very difficult for those who do not know how to jump through the hoops in Canada and the States.

It gets interesting in August for us and the word UND will be even more important at that point in time.

Regards
Eric

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 01:43:53 am »
Fantastic Eric & Bubba!!! :)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline HHburme

• Harvoni start 12/13/14 12wks UD/24wk DET
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 10:18:16 am »
Congatulations ! I did not make it. was ud at every test until final 12 wk eot, vl at 3 million.
infected age 19, blood transfusion 1977, detected 2003  GT 1a, Harvoni relapse 06/15, Clinical Trial Study for SOF/VEL GS-9857 start 02/16. SVR12 Cured 08/16

Offline Mugwump

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 02:34:47 pm »
Congatulations ! I did not make it. was ud at every test until final 12 wk eot, vl at 3 million.
Was that on a 12 week tx or 24? Was it 12 weeks post treatment or a test right at EOT? The relapse characteristics of Harvoni seem to be all over the map and not at all what one might expect. Was there any increase in AST-ALT that was noticeable before the return of the virus on a test?

Sorry to hear this HHburne, I am sure those who need it will all get another chance. Here is hoping I make the final tests clear for a change. The 48 weeks of peg/riba I did in 2004-5 showed the log ten decrease at 24 weeks and then I was still detected at 48 plus 4 and these were the only VL tests that they did because of cost. Here in BC even if my AST increases in the next week or so I would still have to pay for another VL test myself to confirm that there was a TX failure.

So they really keep you in the freakin' dark out here and treat you like a mushroom with the bullcrap you have to go through just to ascertain a VL!

I will not start to feel confident until August but it would be nice if there was a 4 week eot follow up test that was more than just a liver panel.

Eric

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 03:08:29 pm »
Saying I am thrilled is an understatement! Congratulations.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.