Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:11:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 77
Total: 77

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Indication of Harvoni Success  (Read 10647 times)

Offline kingharry

Indication of Harvoni Success
« on: June 05, 2015, 02:21:35 pm »
Day 17 of Harvoni regimen. Routine blood work done on 15th day. Liver function tests dramatically improved, to wit:

ALT (previous test) 45, latest test 21
AST (previous test) 46, latest test 26

Hep C doctor commented "Awesome. Harvoni is definitely working. Keep it up!"

No side affects. :)

It is not enough I should win. Others should lose.

Offline C-FIGHTER

Re: Indication of Harvoni Success
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 05:21:30 pm »
Congratulations King Harry you are on the road to recovery. :)

I have 6 days of Harvoni left, UD at last appt.

The big tests are yet to come.  SVR, is what we look for.  no relapse.  first 4 week after is the next big test for me.

Keep up the good work, slay the dragon, be well.

diagnosed 2010 Hep C
genotype 1b
HCV RNA >4000000 01/13/2015
F0-F1 04/2014
Harvoni March 20 2015 - June 11 - 12 weeks

April 14-Day 26 on Harvoni- Viral Load - UD
ALT 27    AST 27

Offline Hepcbgone

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 08:36:33 am »
First time posting so if in the wrong spot, forgive me. Just wanted to let those who have just started this treatment and for those who are thinking about starting what I have experienced. On my 6th week of 12 and my tests are as follows:         Started treatment: Viral load-over 6 million, ALT-197-AST-98.
After 2 weeks: Viral load 40 (yes 40) ALT-25-AST-22
After 4 weeks: Viral load-NON-DETECTABLE  (have to be honest here, grown man almost cried)
ALT-18 AST-22.
So if your on the fence please get off of it. The side effects are not that bad and after all this is the first REAL opportunity to beat this thing. Good luck to all and God bless. 

Offline Mugwump

• My number of posts means nothing, piscor ergo sum!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 01:03:13 am »
First time posting so if in the wrong spot, forgive me. Just wanted to let those who have just started this treatment and for those who are thinking about starting what I have experienced. On my 6th week of 12 and my tests are as follows:         Started treatment: Viral load-over 6 million, ALT-197-AST-98.
After 2 weeks: Viral load 40 (yes 40) ALT-25-AST-22
After 4 weeks: Viral load-NON-DETECTABLE  (have to be honest here, grown man almost cried)
ALT-18 AST-22.
So if your on the fence please get off of it. The side effects are not that bad and after all this is the first REAL opportunity to beat this thing. Good luck to all and God bless.
I will link your post to the side effects thread. Harvoni seems to scare some people far too much and for the wrong reasons. Unfortunately there are many who perhaps have become distraught with past treatments or find it very hard to understand the nature of this drug.

It is almost as if some take this drug not as a possible cure but out of desperation and any little thing that they experience suddenly is a "side effect" of Harvoni.

I did experience brain fog, mild headaches, some anxiety, increased blood pressure and increased urine flow plus some bowel disturbance in the form of flatulence especially in the first month and a half of pills.

HOWEVER non of these problems caused me to medicate myself or even remotely question the dangers of Harvoni as a drug.

Thank you for posting this because any experience that helps ease the mind of those considering Harvoni is a God send!

All the best in reaching the magic SVR milestones and final functional cure to all on this thread and WELCOME to the forum.

Eric :)
Caution shameless self promotion below :-)
https://www.hepmag.com/article/eric-reesor-27742-782589663
DING DONG MY DRAGON (HCV) IS FINALLY DEAD!

Offline kingharry

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 09:49:03 am »
Hang on folks! Just got my 1st HCV RNA PCR quant test results since starting Harvoni on 21 May 2015. Blood drawn 24 June. Results: UNDETECABLE.

Unbelievable! Next HCV RNA PCR test 13 August, end of 12th week.

Offline sabre

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 05:15:39 pm »
Congratulations! That must feel great.

I wish my doctor was on his game...had first labs done on 6/15 with 4 days left on treatment and have not heard anything.

Best wishes on the rest of your treatment!
Infected 1980 / Diagnosed 2008
GT 1 / Treatment naive / VL 190,000
Biopsy 2008: stage 0 grade 1
Fibroscan 2015: F2 mild fibrosis
Chronic kidney disease (due to HCV) / Proteinuria

12 weeks Harvoni began on 03/28/2015
End of treatment: 06/19/2015
Labs on 06/17/2015: Undetected
Labs on 09/21/2015: Undetected (SVR12)

Offline kingharry

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 04:40:13 am »
Sabre, test results should be available within 48 hours. Bug your doctor. :)

Offline sabre

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 08:03:38 am »
Sadly, I called a few days ago and haven't gotten a callback.
Infected 1980 / Diagnosed 2008
GT 1 / Treatment naive / VL 190,000
Biopsy 2008: stage 0 grade 1
Fibroscan 2015: F2 mild fibrosis
Chronic kidney disease (due to HCV) / Proteinuria

12 weeks Harvoni began on 03/28/2015
End of treatment: 06/19/2015
Labs on 06/17/2015: Undetected
Labs on 09/21/2015: Undetected (SVR12)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.