Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:29:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 87
Total: 87

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 37 M. solvadi treatment question.  (Read 6558 times)

Offline will I?

37 M. solvadi treatment question.
« on: July 11, 2015, 09:53:30 am »
Well i have high f3 very close to cirrhosis in fact the first bloodtest my insurance made me get said i had cirrhosis...the second one before treatment said very close to f4. viral load 6million only had the hep c for 5 years. but i have fatty infiltrattion of liver on top of hep c genotype 3 which made for some nasty quick liver damage
anyhow i just started my 4th month of solvadi and ribasphere with only 1 bloodtest at week 4 which said non detectable. but my doc kept me on it till now.. i have a bloodtest next week.
Is this a long time, or does my liver damage make for longer treatment??

Offline will I?

Re: 37 M. solvadi treatment question.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 12:08:54 pm »
Just odd that ive seen her (my hep doc) 1 x when i first started treatment on 4th week to get blood drawn for detection purpose and been on for 4 months now and havent seen or heard from them at all until last week they said to come in for a blood test. ??

Why if i got an undetectable RVR at week 4 ?

I guess my question is what determines if someone only has to take it for 2 months or 4 or 6?? Does an RVR mean any change in treatment longevity?

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 03:58:10 pm »
As far as I know, 24-weeks (6 months) of Solvadi+Ribavirin is the standard length of treatment with that combination of drugs for anyone with Genotype 3 of HCV. Shorter duration will not necessarily cure you. The fact that there was no detectable virus in your blood at Week 4 (while always nice to see) is irrelevant in terms of what it takes to permanently eradicate the virus from your body. The only viral load test that really matters is the one that happens 12 weeks after EOT. If your viral load is undetectable at that point, then you are cured.

Good luck on your journey! Sounds like you are on your way to being cured.

kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline will I?

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 06:45:45 am »
k ty very much..genotype 3 is longer gotcha.

just reading allot on forums and ive heard some are done way earlier and now i understand why. TY so much.

I needed this cure, this medicine which i fought for with my insurance took a year battle and came just in time. just hope i can get a full cure :)

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 03:13:42 pm »
I think you will indeed be completely cured if you stick to the program and don't accidently skip doses or anything. The success rate is extremely high with all of these new drugs. I believe in your specific situation (24 weeks of sovaldi+riba for Geno 3) it may be 95%. So do have faith in these drugs. :)

Hang in there!

kim

Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.