Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:15:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just Started Harvoni  (Read 9793 times)

Offline MikeDsnizzy

Just Started Harvoni
« on: June 21, 2015, 07:25:55 am »
  Hello out there Heppers, sounds scary right well, it is!! Yesterday I started Harvoni and want to be part of the forum discussions. I've gone through the interferon, Ribitol treatment years back and failed!! This seems way, way better so far ::)!! I had a little pain my joints plus sleep was hit and run but, I'm not complaining just merely discussing. This drug has been a blessing to so many and I hope and pray, it is for me too!! I'm Mike and am glad to be part of your lives. Any sharing is cool by me--Thank you ;D
:)

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Just Started Harvoni
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 02:11:10 pm »
Hi Mike -
This is a great place to discuss this sort of stuff. I love your attitude.
Good luck!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:15:35 pm by lporterrn »
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Debula

• "Your body hears everything your mind says"
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 03:22:40 pm »
Hi Mike
Welcome to the Forum

Good luck with your Harvoni journey
This is wayyyyyyyyyy better then interferon and I think we all stand a pretty good chance clearing the virus finally

I hope your treatment is an easy one :)

Deb
80's DX: NonA,B
Non responder to Interferon
3/6/2015-GT 1a
VL-1920000 IU/mL
FibroSURE: Fibrosis stage F4 (0.79)
                  Necroinflammat activity A3 Severe (0.75)
AST 88,  ALT 120, Platelets 73
4/16/2015-Started Harvoni (24 weeks)
5/13/2015-4 weeks AST 26, ALT 36 
5/22/2015-5 weeks  VL UND
6/17/2015-9 weeks  VL UND AST 28 ALT 40
7/31/2015-15 weeks VL UND AST 27 ALT 39
9/22 Diagnosed with HCC
10/1-EOT
10/29-SVR4
12/23-SVR12
I AM HEPC FREE! :)

Offline Redbird29

• I've seen the needle and the damage done.....
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 04:55:56 pm »
Hi Mike -
  Guess we'll be traveling this at the same time there abouts! I started my Harvoni today and so far so good. A little stomach upset this morning but fixed that by eating something and have been drinking a ton of water. About 80 oz so far today! Kind of the norm for me though as I live in the Mojave Desert and it is like 115 out right now!
  This is my first time for treatment and I am keeping a positive outlook on all things and look forward to seeing how you do too!
Peace out!
Robin
Infected - late 70's /early 80's
GT - 1a

Fibrosure 1/2015 - F1-2
TX Naive - Harvoni 8 wks

SOT 6/25/15  VL - 468,000        AST-44  ALT-56       
EOT  8/19/15  VL-  Not Detected AST-21  ALT-30
1 YEAR POST TX - UNDETECTED AST 20 ALT 22
2 YEAR POST TX - UNDETECTED AST 15 ALT 18

Offline Debula

• "Your body hears everything your mind says"
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 11:59:29 am »
Hi Robin
Congratulations on starting Harvoni
Best of luck with your treatment :)

Deb
80's DX: NonA,B
Non responder to Interferon
3/6/2015-GT 1a
VL-1920000 IU/mL
FibroSURE: Fibrosis stage F4 (0.79)
                  Necroinflammat activity A3 Severe (0.75)
AST 88,  ALT 120, Platelets 73
4/16/2015-Started Harvoni (24 weeks)
5/13/2015-4 weeks AST 26, ALT 36 
5/22/2015-5 weeks  VL UND
6/17/2015-9 weeks  VL UND AST 28 ALT 40
7/31/2015-15 weeks VL UND AST 27 ALT 39
9/22 Diagnosed with HCC
10/1-EOT
10/29-SVR4
12/23-SVR12
I AM HEPC FREE! :)

Offline Redbird29

• I've seen the needle and the damage done.....
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 04:29:40 pm »
Hi Deb,
  Thank you for the welcome!!  ;D So far so good for me and this train is rolling down the tracks!
   Looking at your numbers I am so very tickled for you and am praying that all goes well for you in your treatment too!
Looking forward to hearing from you soon and peace out!
~Robin
Infected - late 70's /early 80's
GT - 1a

Fibrosure 1/2015 - F1-2
TX Naive - Harvoni 8 wks

SOT 6/25/15  VL - 468,000        AST-44  ALT-56       
EOT  8/19/15  VL-  Not Detected AST-21  ALT-30
1 YEAR POST TX - UNDETECTED AST 20 ALT 22
2 YEAR POST TX - UNDETECTED AST 15 ALT 18

Offline nancyb

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 06:13:33 am »
To the nurse:   I am wondering if you test negative in 2013 or so, are you still negative in 2015.  My Dr. tells me not to drink at all. While I'm not a big drinker, I was wondering if a person can drink after the end of treatment and a negative test result. I usually have 1-3 drinks a month. I started Harvoni on 6/23/15. One week in and I don't have any side effects to speak of except poor sleep which was present when I started. I actually feel better than before I started the meds.  Nancy

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 05:07:54 pm »
Hi Nancy,
I'll start with the easy question - yes, I am still negative. I am considered cured, and after my 12-week post-treatment nondetectable viral load, I consider myself permanently cured.
The other question is more complicated. First, if you have cirrhosis - no drinking. For that matter, if you have any other liver disease, such as fatty liver, no drinking. That's about as much as we know for sure. I think everyone works it out for themselves, based on what their doctors' recommend. I don't drink at all, but that is largely because I have never been able to keep that occasional drink to only one now and then. If you do drink, limit your consumption to one standard size drink (men may have up to two). Personally, I admire those who feel they have worked hard to get rid of hep C, and they abstain completely.

I am delighted your treatment is going well. Hope we'll be celebrating your success. 
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Jane

Re: Started Harvoni 28 days ago.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 01:56:02 pm »
Hi Mike and welcome. I started Harvoni 6-14-15 and will be taking pill 29 tonight. I have had literally no side effects except mild head ache when I first wake up but so mild, it isn't even bothersome. It diminishes within 15 minutes. I find taking it at night is best for me. I probably sleep thru any effects. I also have been thru the same previous treatment in 2001 without success and excited about this new drug. This is my first time writing in the forum but have been reading all correspondence for the last two months. These stories have helped me greatly and I'm so thankful to all.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:59:12 pm by Jane »

Offline Maria

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 01:14:06 pm »
Hello
My name is Maria
I just started my first Harvoni pill on Saturday. I have Chronic Hepc diagnosed 6 years ago. I don't drink. My viral loads are low. Been experience extreme fatigue over the last year. My loads were so low I thought it couldn't be the HEP-C. I had attributed to Menopausal hormone fluctuations. I am on estrogen therapy and it seems to have helped a little (not nodding out at my desk). I went in for my annual with Hep-c dr and they told me about new treatment. It appears even low viral loads can cause bothersome symptoms. So I am now on day #3!!!!!! . I'm all in. I opted to start taking in the am because someone told me Harvoni could cause insomnia.  Now I am beginning to think I should have started at night. Within 1/2 hour of taking pill I get really sleepy. My tummy is a little upset and I feel a little warm flushed feeling that comes and goes. Brain fog as well! A small nagging headache. The other thing I noticed is the heat makes me feel a bit nauseated. I also have a weird taste in my mouth and seem to have an increase in appetite. I am chewing on raw coconut to satisfy the need to munch. :)

So    I am curious as to whether I should switch to nightime and sleep through some of this. Has anyone experienced insomnia? What time of day do you take Harvoni?
I talked to pharmacist about drinking Linden tea before bed. It is also called TILO tea. She said that was ok. It helps to make you sleepy.

By the way... I am very excited to be rid of this disease. I am so happy and feel very blessed that my insurance covered this treatment. I am very happy for all of us that something this positive came to fruition.
Best of luck to you all. Thanks everyone for sharing all your journeys.
Maria
babyboomer generation :)  LOL

Offline GLCII

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 03:50:15 pm »
Hi Maria

A regular night sleep for me, prior to taking the harvoni was about 6 hrs a night, 7 hrs if I was lucky. I took my pill at noon everyday and noticed my sleep was cut almost in half. After about a week on the pill, I started to get about 3  maybe 4 hrs a night. Even though I wasn't sleeping as much as I should have been, I noticed I really wasn't that tired sleepy wise. Also, when I went to bed, I fell right out. It didn't cause me insomnia but it did cut my sleep back.
Pre Tx (VL 12043488) ALT 52/ AST 39
Harvoni Start Date 03/12
2 Week in Tx Results HCV RNA Detected, less than 15 IU/mL. ALT 19 / AST 19
4 Weeks in Tx Results HCV RNA Not detected. ALT 21 / AST 18
12 Week in Tx Results HCV RNA Not detected. ALT 17 / AST 19
--------------------------------------------------------------
Post 12 Week EOT Tx ALT 19/ AST 19 (Undetected)
Post 24 Week EOT Tx ALT 19/ AST 15 (Undetected)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.