Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:51:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 97
Total: 97

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 8 days to go after almost 24 weeks Solvaldi and Ribavirin  (Read 20300 times)

Offline victoria48

8 days to go after almost 24 weeks Solvaldi and Ribavirin
« on: June 10, 2015, 03:31:22 am »
 Hello to all: I have not posted for sometime.  My journey may be almost over I only have 8 more days to go and I was on the 24 weeks for Hep C Geno type 1A.  I have to tell the truth.  For me personally I would NOT do this again as it has been pure hell.  The Ribavirin is a Bitch! I know No other word!  I am sorry if anyone is offended!  :'(
But I have had about 10 different side effects plus mind, mood, temperament issues severely. It got so bad that my doctor had to cut the Riba down to 3 instead of six but I am different and a bit disconnected.  I pray I will come back OK.  I cannot believe I am at the end of 24 weeks.  My insurance company refused to pay for Harvoni which my doctor prescribed and for this I hate them.  Right now I hate a lot!  I have been 100% virus free since the first blood test after 30 days.  I have gained weight, cried through 100 boxes of Kleenex and asked God why?  I will never talk to some of my past friends as when I get done I want a new life.  God Bless all of you and I wish you the best.  I did not think I would make it through this honestly! :-[

Offline sunrise

Re: 8 days to go after almost 24 weeks Solvaldi and Ribavirin
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 11:13:14 pm »
Dearest Victoria,
           I am so sad to hear all your hardships with that nasty riba.  Just stay strong girl, you are there. I thought I had it bad with Olysio and Sovaldi, but that riba is way worse. I as well gained weight, have severe joint issues that I never had before, and seems like my heart is acting wierd since.tx. I  am afraid to say anything to Doctor.about as I am NOT letting them touch me. I  understand about changing your life. I cut loose most all the past supposed "friends"as they were not really there and alot of self centered users. Just know you will get past this and the side effects will subside. I will say a prayer for you. Almost tbru the hell girl... Blessings Sunrise

Offline victoria48

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 01:13:28 am »
Dear Sunrise:  Thank you for your kind words.  6 more days of 24 weeks. Even a few long time friends could not get it. My goal is to lose weight be able to tolerate the sun again.  I became extremely sensative to sun and the skin on my face peeled and under my eyes wrinkled.  My own tears burned. I do not wish this on anyone. It is so nice to hear from others who have taken these journeys but not that you suffered. Every mean or unkind person should get a dose of this.  My heart goes out to you and I hope u recover 100percent as your heart. Thank you unknown friend.  Best, best to you.  Victoria

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 01:29:29 am »
Hang in there Victoria! So sorry you have had to go through such hell - and especially when your Dr. tried to get you Harvoni, but insurance company made you go this other route. You are almost there and it will all be worth it once you are cured! My sense after reading these forums is that almost everyone's bad side effects from Riba or anything else do disappear after treatment (although in some cases it seems to take a while). In other words - none of this ordeal will be permanent.

All the best to you! :)
kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline sunrise

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 01:40:12 am »
Just got your reply in my email and I am happy you wrote. I hope these words do help Victoria because just know that you aren't in this alone. Even though we sit by ourselves, in spirit we are bonded by our journey. Thank you for your well wishes. Kim is right, no matter what, this too shall pass. That is crazy about your eyes. Was there a cream that helped? If you need to vent, this thread is the place. Hope you get some sleep... Im off to never neverland myself. Goodnight and be kind to yourself. As Katt Williams said "you are your number one fan" Oh so right! Blessings Sunrise

Offline victoria48

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 04:48:36 am »
Thank you so much both of you!  I am tired right now but your encouragement is so appreciated. 6 more days.... :-[   I hear most of the problems are with the Ribavirin. I have heard it takes awhile to get the drugs out of your body again in particular the Ribavirin. I will be glad not to cry all of the time.  Lots of eye cream and staying out of the Sun and my eyes do self repair but I am totally allergic to smoke and sun Since on Riba.  1 ask God why but then you say I am grateful it is not worse and or we all have to die of something it has been a crazy crazy journey.  thank you so much goodnight pleasant dreams Victoria

Offline Francis60

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 10:12:34 am »
Hi Victoria,
I am 8 weeks post treatment after 24 weeks sol/riba. I totally understand what you are going through,the healing is  slow process for me. The cramping has stopped, I can go out in the sun again and am starting to sleep better.I was told 6 months for the riba to leave the body and am starting to believe they are right. You are just about their, now its time for some healing to start, be gentle on yourself.
cheers
Liam

Offline victoria48

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 01:52:20 am »
Hello Liam:  :D Thank you for your post.  I have 4 more days!  I tell you what my fuses are so short when agitated. I hope I pray this horrible issue goes away.  Did you or any one that reads this have this issue?

I am so happy to hear after 8 weeks you are feeling  better and can tolerate some sun. I look for the day I do not get so agitated  >:( and my mind does not run a muck.  I am still able to think intelligently but as I stated in prior posting anger runs through.  :-[   I am getting excited to have (almost) finished this 24 weeks of hell.  I hope for a few quality years in front of me as I wish you and all who have had hep and gone through difficult treatments the best of health and a better life.  Oh the crying and sadness and mental journeys of the past I can really do without and I heard it is the Ribavirin.
I have kept a journal and written in it everyday of my treatment putting in amount of pills/notes/dates etc.  I use to also write about my insanity.  I had to move alone in the middle of the treatment to keep from losing it! I do not care what anyone says "if you have not done your treatment with the Ribavirin you are not understanding."  I understand I have not walked in others shoes with other diseases so I do not want to sound like a self absorbed person as this is the forum for this particular issue. God help us all and or your high power.  Best to you Liam,  Have a wonderful life and may all those drugs quickly leave your body.     8)  Victoria :)

Offline victoria48

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 01:54:00 am »
 Correct:  "Does run a Muck" :-*

see I said this! :P

Offline Tpropane

• Heal the past by living in the present.
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 02:07:57 am »
I feel a kindred spirit! Riba is a BITCH. I added riba. Recently, the last 6 weeks. Just for added oomph. Want this shiz to be done! July 15th for me. is 24 weeks. Fat, limping and hobbling to the finish line. I used to cartwheel, hike and downdog through life. I hope I get my energy back. And for you too.
I have a cane by my bed to help me get to the bathroom. 3 times a night. I drink massive amounts of water and wonder if my poor kidneys are taking on a huge job that my liver used to help with. As long as I keep peeing, it isn't brown and there is no, "lots in little out" I know I'm not dying.
Asparagus is a good diuretic. Sugar, salt bad.
What is your liver status? I'm cirrhotic. 0 to 60 in one year after treating and relapsing with interferon, ribaviron and boceprovir. From grade 1 stage 1 to Stage 4 in less than 12 months.
All the best to you.
Tpropane
Hep C 1A / TT diagnosed 2009
Non Responder Boceprevir/riba/peg 2011
F-4 Cirrhosis
TX Harvoni 24 weeks started 1/20/15
2 week labs VL 174!
4 week labs UNDETECTED !
8 week labs UNDETECTED !

Offline victoria48

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 12:33:12 pm »
Hello:  I am so sorry to hear the condition you are in I will say a prayer for you that you have some recovery.  after this morning's dose I have only 3 more days to go and as I stated I will never take Ribavirin again. Poison :'(       I plan on starting exercise on the floor and trying to get myself together so I can go back to work.    I want to think positive not negative!  After all this what can one do but go forward. I hope for  your healing and betterment of life and no more relaspes.  best to you Victoria :)

Offline sunrise

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 02:07:10 pm »
Hi everyone,
     Victoria, you are at the finish line!! I hope you start feeling better soon. Good luck on your journey as well Tpropane. As we as all who is fighting this dragon.  Be well, stay strong. Pamper yourselves...Blessings Sunrise

Offline victoria48

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 07:44:14 pm »
 :)  Thank you Sunrise!  I will be checking in again to communicate with others. Like all of you I have hope of no relaspe.  I am older and I ask God for a few quality years without this disease and that my liver gets as healthy as possible.  I had some damage due to neglect by my different doctors the last 3 years.  I guess the Solvaldi has only been out since 2013?  Harvoni since the end of 2014? I stand to be corrected!  I hear newer hep medicines our coming.  I do not drink so I can only pray!  The best to all if you.Victoria  8)

Offline Tess1971

• G2b, 12wk Sov/Riba, End 11/15/14 UD, SVR-5,14 & 32-UD
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 07:44:02 pm »
I can tell you it does get better, just takes quite a bit of time.  As for being older, I am probably even older since I have had hepc for 40+ years.  Side effects still come and go now, but, they are less and less each time and I definitely do feel different.e  No headaches like I used to have a lot of and the fatigue has gone.  I sleep like a log too.

Offline sunrise

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 08:13:46 pm »
Hey Tess!
         Great to see you are SVR that is awsome.
 Victoria it is the last dose for you YEAH! Hope things get a lot easier for you. My 24post tx labs are coming soon. I still have cascading side effects. Trying to get weight down.  Got the acid reflux in check, and only took 20mg omeprazole for abit over one week. NEVER EVER had anything like that before tx. Plus ankle and now spread to heel. Hurts to walk, again never had anything like that before tx. Also heart has been acting strange, need to talk to doc.Best hopes for all....Sunrise

Offline victoria48

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 09:43:30 pm »
 :) Hi Tess and Sunrise:  I got so excited  ;D today thinking that tomorrow is my last day after 24 weeks I just started crying.  Ummm Started having liver issues in 1980, s but totally diagnosed with C 1991.. I do not think there was C until around that time if you had liver issues they said everybody had Hep B.  I pray that you will pass your 90 day test and go on with a happy life.   ;D.  The Ribavirin screws with your thinking/your mind. Today I was thinking where can I go and live on little money and be happy and walk everywhere and be around a friendly environment where it's cheap the to                          live an ocean and the people are happy.  I want joy happiness and a quality     of life my last years and I'm sure there's others that read this that feel the same way this has been a journey that only us can know at least those on  the Ribavirin.  you both take care I wish you the best and I will be checking in tomorrow when I take the last pills please know I will be sobbing and say thank you God.....Victoria :P

Offline CE

• Genotype 3. Sovaldi & Ribavirin 24 weeks.
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 07:16:51 pm »
Hi there, "new" and "old" soulmates! Happy to see some familiar names here with encouraging news! I also am 8 weeks EOT. Fatigue is diminishing, itching mainly on my upper back is a lot less, my dark eye circles are gone, and my skin is radiant and supple again! The down side is my hair. It started to thin horribly a week after EOT. I hope it is about done an starts to grow again. My employer (a hospital) has dropped our insurance and threw us into an Obamacare type plan. As of July 1, I will have to satisfy a $4000 deductible before it even provides copay's. I will have to pay full price for doctor visits, labs, etc. Because of this, I will have to get my first EOT bloodwork on June 30th which will only be 10 1/2 weeks. I do hope it comes back SVR because #1, my insurance will probably never allow another treatment, and #2, there really is no other treatment out there for Geno 3 now. My second labs are scheduled for October, but I also will not be allowed to keep my doctor after July 1st. It's a mess! I pray everyday for you all. May we all get this behind us and begin living again. Blessings to all! Take care.
Chris
Chris :)
Diagnosed July 2014
Genotype 3
Viral load of 950,000
Most likely from blood transfusion in 1978
Treatment started November 2014
Sovaldi and Ribavirin for 24 weeks
End of treatment April 2015
SVR12 July 2015!!!!!!
SVR24 October 2015!!!!!
Cured!!!! Praise the Lord!!

Offline victoria48

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 09:47:46 pm »
EOT? Sorry?  I think you mean from your treatment sorry?

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 09:50:57 pm »
EOT = End of Treatment

kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline victoria48

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 10:04:20 pm »
 :)  Hi Chris;  I was not sure about all your abbreviation but I think I understand fairly well.  #1.  sorry to hear about all your issues with your insurance company and the way they are treating you nothing surprises me as my opinion of the United States and insurance related issues is very low that is why I had to go with ribavirin and Sovaldi instead of Harvoni.  even though the doctor said I should be on harvoni.  Most of all and  I truly mean this I hope your blood test comes back negative and this will be an experience way in your past and you will have a wonderful future.  Today first day no drugs after 24 weeks.  BLESSINGS TO YOU. Victoria

Offline Francis60

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 03:13:38 am »
Hi Chris,
I am sure you will be fine with SVR;) take care, Enjoy your pill free life Victoria, all the best to everyone

Offline victoria48

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 03:07:39 am »
Thank you for helping me with abbreviations.  :)  I am a bit slow and trying to get from one day to the next as now it is only 2 days no Riba and Sovaldi. (After 24 weeks)  :P

Best to all of you and I will be praying for the final blood work in three months to be clear.  I am scared!  But have hope.  :-*

Best to all of you and God's Blessings or your Higher Power be with you.  ;)

Victoria, Hep C, Geno 1- 24 week treatment

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 11:13:01 am »
Hi Victoria,
I did the 24 week Sovaldi/Riba Gen 1B . Been 6 months since I ended, I am undetected viraload as of last week. I don't have cirohsis. Seems to have worked.
So hang in there,worth the (hell) if cured,  the effects of Ribavirin are still around, though not as severe.
I think a year is more like the time it will actually be out of the system.
The mind effects is up to the patient, cause the Ribavirin sure screws with the head.
I worked thru my treatment, and still am working, so being disiplined helps.

Offline CE

• Genotype 3. Sovaldi & Ribavirin 24 weeks.
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 12:12:38 pm »
CONGRATS!!! Rainbowray!!! So happy for you!! It is incredible the toll ribavirin puts on the body! Well, take care and live life to the fullest now!
Chris :)
Diagnosed July 2014
Genotype 3
Viral load of 950,000
Most likely from blood transfusion in 1978
Treatment started November 2014
Sovaldi and Ribavirin for 24 weeks
End of treatment April 2015
SVR12 July 2015!!!!!!
SVR24 October 2015!!!!!
Cured!!!! Praise the Lord!!

Offline Tess1971

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2015, 11:22:08 am »
The ribavirin is rough and still to this day is causing me all kinds of skin issues that I never had before.  It is as though I am ultra sensitive to almost everything this summer - ha!
This week I go for blood work again, it will be week 31 or 32, so  definitely past the 6 month mark and I am definitely a little nervous about it.  (And being positive.)
I think the time of year definitely has a lot to do with the skin issues especially since I live in Tennessee.  I have found that treating my skin with the Eucerin Eczema creme is definitely working, but, I have to use it regularly for good results.  I had to change my soaps also.
We will all have this behind us soon and be virus free for good.  It is on all our horizons!!!

Offline victoria48

Re: 8 days to go after almost 24 weeks Solvaldi and Ribavirin/now post
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 04:47:18 am »
 :) Hello Rainbowray and all: Hey I am so happy for you!  YES, yes, :D ;D 8)..

I am 7 days down/post treatment from Riba and Solvaldi.   Not sleeping at night and had an terrible itching attack and trying to reconnect my feelings here and there. Confusing at times!

God help me to hear the words CLEAR in 3 months-NO virus.  I pray!
I must state that my living conditions, income and support by others has become slim and I do not know how I have done it with little moral support.  I say this because I am sure I am not the only older person who has found this type of situation?

Best to all
Wish you all to be rid of this monster and be happy. VICTORIA   :'(  >:(  ;D  8) haha

Offline Tess1971

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 04:51:05 pm »
I hear ya and know where you are coming from.  Support for me was unfortunately nil !  Definitely did this alone and had the boohoos many times during.  Actually I still get emotional much more easily than I did prior to treatment.  A sad cartoon can make me cry nowadays, Ha!
Financially it had no effect on me so I guess thats a plus since my insurance picked up the tab but for some co-pays which were only in the double digits here and there.  I live in a country setting so it can be lonely also when I do not get out due to weather or feeling under the weather.  But, here I am and if all is clear this next blood work I feel I am home free after that.

Offline victoria48

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 06:22:16 pm »
Hi Tess:  yes I understand about the extra sensativity.  I have stated in previous postings I have cried a million tears with a hundred boxes of Kleenex.. A sad commercial causes tears and or my imperfections. It sucks! I sleep some in the day time from no sleep at night.  Like you and I and all who go through treatment we wait for the words "you are virus free"  I wait and pray for a better life.  Best to you and may those tears dry up. :'(        victoria  ::)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.