Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:11:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 82
Total: 82

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 4 weeks after Harvoni and feeling really good!  (Read 8070 times)

Offline sisterbland

4 weeks after Harvoni and feeling really good!
« on: July 06, 2015, 09:31:44 pm »
It's only been a month since I completed 12 weeks on Harvoni and I definitely feel BETTER than I have in years. My energy level and desire to do things is continuing to gradually improve every week - it's really amazing.

It feels sort of like trying to run in knee deep mud for the last 6 years and now the mud is only one inch deep. I didn't think I would ever be able to feel this good again.

For this amazing experience I am very grateful.
1987/88 Contracted HCV 1a (had acute HepA and HepB in the same 5 year period)
1997 Interferon/ribavirin 7 mo; relapser
3/17/15 Harvoni started, 12 wks
4/17/15 VL <15 IU/ML (Undetected)
6/11/15 Complete tx

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: 4 weeks after Harvoni and feeling really good!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:21:37 pm »
So glad to hear this! Happy for you, and it gives us all something to look forward to. :)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline hkillinger99

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:25:30 pm »
Thrilled to hear, sisterbland.  I am 2 weeks post Harvoni and already feel a bit better (aside from a nasty summer cold).  Feels as if the fog is beginning to dissipate and I am also now able to share my Harvoni experience with those just starting.  No blood work as yet, only due to check in at the 3 month mark, which is September.  I was on an 8 week course, so more will be revealed, I suppose.  Best wishes to you and all of us for health and quality of life :)

Offline GLCII

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 11:14:08 am »
Hi sisterbland

I'm with you. I completed the harvoni on 6/3 and it's now 5 weeks post Tx and my energy levels have shyrocketed. I haven't felt this good in years. I actually wakeup now feeling as if I want to go out and get something accomplished instead of that feeling of dred knowing I had to trudge thru the day. The past 3 yrs have been the worst.

Yesterday I spent about 5 hours outside edging the driveway, powerwashing the house and did few other odd jobs. That's the first time in years I've spent that much time outside all at one time. It seems not having the virus in the system makes a Big Difference. I only hope it lasts.
Pre Tx (VL 12043488) ALT 52/ AST 39
Harvoni Start Date 03/12
2 Week in Tx Results HCV RNA Detected, less than 15 IU/mL. ALT 19 / AST 19
4 Weeks in Tx Results HCV RNA Not detected. ALT 21 / AST 18
12 Week in Tx Results HCV RNA Not detected. ALT 17 / AST 19
--------------------------------------------------------------
Post 12 Week EOT Tx ALT 19/ AST 19 (Undetected)
Post 24 Week EOT Tx ALT 19/ AST 15 (Undetected)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.