Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:29:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How long does it take sovaldi and ribavirin to enter the bloodstream?  (Read 13473 times)

Offline Pensativo

• Hoping and wishing we all get clear-free-happy
 :(  I am genotype 3a. I started my treatment on July 1/2015. But I feel nothing I am guessing, medication is not working on me. Please, if somebody can give me a lift in this question. Also what are the chances to be cure. Thank you. I really appreciate your thoughts. Blessings.

Pensativo
pensativo, genotype 3a. 26 yrs. dealing with.
starting sovaldi and ribavirin July 1,2015
after 2 interferons, I am trying the new drug. For 24 weeks.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Hi Pensativo. And welcome to the forums! How many weeks of Sovaldi+Ribavirin are you doing? If 24 weeks, I think your chances of being cured are very high. 95% I believe. So trust in the process. You are in all likelihood on your way to being cured.

I am also Geno 3a, and am currently on the final stretch of 12 weeks of Harvoni+Ribavirin (just 17 more days to go!). And I fully expect to be cured.

There is no reason why you would feel anything in the first 9 days of treatment. Some people have strong and immediate side effects from these new drugs. But most of us don't even know we are taking anything. The most problematic effect of Ribavirin takes a while to develop - hemolytic anemia. The effects of that might begin to hit you at Week 4 or even later.

Best,
kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Pensativo

I am going for 24 weeks. thanks a lot,for your tip Kim. You make me feel better. Blessing. And I wish, hope You get cure and live a different happy life.

sincerely,

Best regard,

Pensativo

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Don't forget to drink lots of water throughout each day. Staying well hydrated helps to control or even prevent many of the side effects.

best wishes to you on your healing journey,
kim :)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Pensativo

THANKS A LOT FOR THE RECOMENDATION "WATER" I WILL DO IT FOR SURE.KIM HOW COME WE HAVE THE SAME GENOTYPE 3a. AND WE ARE NO TAKING THE SAME MEDICATION. YOU ARE TAKING HARVONI, I AM TAKING SOVALDI.

BEST REGARD. BLESSINGS

PENSATIVO APPRECIATE YOUR THOUGHTS.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
I am taking my harvoni+ribavirin in a clinical trial. I think that is the only way that harvoni is available to Geno 3 people right now. It has not yet been approved for us.

Good luck with your journey, Pensativo! :)
kim

Offline Pensativo

Gracias. for the information I didn't know that.Thanks again kim. Hope the best in your new life. God is gonna cure you thru those pills. Blessings.

best regard.

Pensativo (Thinking)

Offline TexasC+

On riba and sovaldi for 24 weeks, genotype 3 also. Starting week 8. Some sides but its worth the cure. Week 4 was 200 viral load . I started at 6 million.
Water and rest when you can. Take care of you!!
Genotype 3a
diagnosis date 4/29/15
treatment naive
viral load 6 million
unknown date of infection
Sovaldi and ribaviron  24 weeks started 6/1/15
End of treatment date 11/15/2015 VND last 2 labs
3 month follow up 2/22/16 NEGATIVE !! NOT DETECTED

Offline Pensativo

Thanks a lot "TexasC+"
                                    I really appreciate your thought, I am gonna follow your tip, please keep me update it, I will do the same for you and all people in the forum. 'cause we have the same Geno. 3a. I wish you the best and get cure from this evil.
blessings.

best regard.

Pensativo (Thinking)

Offline Mike

Hi Pensativo,

Sofosbuvir (Sovaldi) is the main ingredient in Harvoni.

Harvoni has been marketed as the first Ribavirin-free, single-pill treatment for HCV.

The efficacy of Harvoni and Sovaldi+RIBV are statistically the same for many of the genotypes.

The game changing drug in the fight for an HCV cure is Sofosbuvir (Sovaldi).

You can rest assured that you are getting world-class medication with either.

Best wishes, Mike

Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Pensativo

Re: How long does it take sovaldi and ribavirin to enter the bloodstream?
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 10:58:50 am »
Thank you Mike. I really appreciate your support I relapsed 2 times with interferon+ribavirin. Mike some people has the same genotype like me 3a. and they are taking sovaldi,ribavirin+peg+interferon and me sovaldi+riba only do you have any idea about that. Have a nice dia and happy life after get cure mike blessing thanx for your thoughts.

best regards,

Pensativo(thinking)

Offline Mike

Re: How long does it take sovaldi and ribavirin to enter the bloodstream?
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 01:32:55 pm »
I was a genotype 1a and completed a 12 week course of SOL+RIBV+INTF in 2014. I chose this because of my clinical picture (prior null responder, high ferrtin levels, male, high viral load, age and so on). It gave me the best shot for a cure.

I could have elected for the 24 week course of SOL+RIBV, but decided to go with the addition of INTF, as it cut the treatment time in 1/2.

Your doctor probably decided to forego the INTF since you relapsed twice, indicating a poor response to INTF.

I wouldn't worry about what others are taking - their clinical picture could be completely different than yours.

Sovaldi is a game changer and you should clear the virus for good at the end of treatment.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.