Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:50:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 68
Total: 69

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni day 15  (Read 6789 times)

Offline april

Harvoni day 15
« on: July 15, 2015, 06:21:32 pm »
I am on the 15th day of treatment on Harvoni. I have been battling this virus for 16 years. Suffered through some terrible side effects with past treatments. I am happy to say with the exception of a mild rash and occasional mild headache, the side effects have been minimal so far. I am so excited, I know this is the cure!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:23:23 pm by april »
Hep C
Geno type 1a
VL  1,800,000
f2
1999 Interferone/riba- non responder
2002 peg/riba- non responder
2006 peg/riba/study drug NM283-relapsed
July 1, 2015 started harvoni (12 weeks)
5th week labs undetected
EOT 9/23/15
90 days after treatment SVR
180 days after treatment SVR
considered cured

Offline trixiedaisy

Re: Harvoni day 15
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 11:31:29 pm »
WOW sounds like you are doing great!! Keep up the good work!! I cant say to much about treatment yet with Harvoni but will be starting it soon. It helps to see that you are doing good. Can I ask how many weeks have you been taking it for and if any what kind of side effects have you had?? I heard that the first week was the worst. Was that the case with you? Sorry for all the questions but as you can see I am very anxious about starting it because I have heard about some bad side effects. AND with me if there is a side effect to have I will get it...Hope you are still doing well. Keep up the positive attitude we all know that is very important. Let us know how you are doing....Keep up the great work !

Offline april

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 07:00:50 am »
Trixiedaisey, The Dr. said I need to be on treatment for 12 weeks, I am at the beginning of the third week. I didnt have any side effects the first week except for the very mild headache, I took one motrin that cleared the headache.  I have had no side effects except for a very mild rash and not sure if it's related to treatment and an occasional headache. I work 6 days a week and have to get up at 4am, I have had no problem keeping up with my schedule. No problems sleeping. If you have the opportunity to start this medication, you should do it. You wont even know your on treatment. Drink LOTS of water. I try to drink 120oz a day. Especially right before and after I take the medicine. I go for labs on July 30th, I'll keep you posted on the progress. I am pretty sure the virus is cleared by now. I FEEL GREAT!!!!
Hep C
Geno type 1a
VL  1,800,000
f2
5th week labs undetected
EOT 9/23/15
considered cured

Offline april

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 05:48:27 pm »
Starting week 5 on Harvoni, I go for my first set of labs tomorrow. I have had virtually no side effects but I am starting to be bothered by acid re flux lately. Not sure if its from the meds or from the insatiable appetite I've had. Really weird, on old treatments,  I ve lost up to 40 pounds, this treatment, cant stop eating.
Hep C
Geno type 1a
VL  1,800,000
f2
5th week labs undetected
EOT 9/23/15
considered cured

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 07:10:14 pm »
sounds like you are making good progress, april! I hope your first labs turn out well. You may find that you have reached undetected. But even if not, you will soon.

I believe acid reflux can be part of the harvoni equation. I have seen other people post about it. I had a few episodes (maybe 4) of extreme late-night heartburn during the 12 weeks i was on harvoni+ribavirin. I have never experienced that before. wondered if i was having a heart attack. but drank some warm water w 1/2 tsp baking soda and it sorted itself out. (would not take baking soda within 4 hours of harvoni though - it could neutralize it).

I had appetite suppression most of the time I was on treatment and actually lost 7% of my body weight (and I had no weight to lose going in, so I am visibly underweight right now). But paradoxically I also had ravenous cravings for animal protein and animal fat. Not sure if that was the harvoni or the ribavirin. But I was yamming back chicken drumsticks and pork chops (organic, of course) like there was no tomorrow. Prior to treatment I had been vegetarian. haha! My vegan friends would be horrified. But whatcha gonna do? I figured, best to give my body what it wants and apparently needs while on Tx.

kim
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:12:25 pm by KimInTheForest »
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.