Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:52:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Start Sovaldi andRibavarin Next Week.  (Read 10285 times)

Offline bham hal

Start Sovaldi andRibavarin Next Week.
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:57:03 pm »
I have the meds had a death in the family had to change days.My blood platelets are low and I have some cihorris.I dont drink or do anything that damages liver now.I have type 2 hep.I want this thing called hepatitis out of me.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: Start Sovaldi andRibavarin Next Week.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 11:18:30 pm »
Welcome to the forums, bham hal. And good luck on your journey to being cured! Drink lots of water during treatment. And keep us posted on how it's going for you.

I am on Week 9 of Harvoni +Ribavirin. No real problems.

best,
kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline KAL

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 12:49:59 am »
welcome aboard Bham , Condolences to you on the loss of your family member .

Congrats on starting treatment !.........you and i are very similar ,geno 2 , etc.....see my signature below ,.....im just past half way of 16 week treatment , i also have low platelets , 61 pre treatment test , up to 72 at 4 week test ,....after years of hep c your liver becomes inflamed then the spleen becomes inflamed and the spleen traps platelets,,,,,as the wonderdrug does its magic and things begin to mend , the inflammation should reduce and platelets should return to normal range .
iv'e been lucky with minimal  sides so far (still 8weeks to go ) , i have some sensitive skin issues , if you have sensitive skin , limit your exposure to the sun and use sunblock when your out in it ,(its the riba.).........all in all im feeling noticeably better now than before treatment and no more brain fog!

treat yourself well , fight the good fight !

K
age 57 male
diagnosed 1980
geno type 2b
f4 cirrhosis(early/compensated)
sovaldi / riba 16 weeks
1st. day tx may 4th. 2015
4 week test Undeteced !

Offline bham hal

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 08:52:45 pm »
Was a little scary my Dr said no sun 5 times.I was like do you have brain fog?LOLBut I got his point yea sensitive skin.This burning inside has been terrible.I ask a hep Dr a few years back and he blew me off saying OH THAT COULD BE ANYTHING.All it took was a test.But whats done is done.Yea he said my spleen was inflamed.Thanks Yall

Offline Pelham123

• Genotype 2 - Tx Sovaldi/Riba
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 09:05:57 am »
Hello bham, I finished 12 weeks of Sovaldi/ribavirin 8 months ago and was declared free of the virus in April.  This combo works.   Side effects were tolerable and didn't show up until half way through.  I was very alert to the RIBA rash because of allergies, but never got it.  Also, never went anemic, but got close.  My blood was analyzed weekly.  Mostly experienced brain fog, insomnia, nausea and itch.   This lasted after treatment for 6-8 weeks.  I got cold sores after stopping treatment.  I had meds to treat them.  Someone else on this forum got them too.   

Offline LilyGarden

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 09:15:02 am »
Good luck Bham!

I am on week 8 of Sovaldi + Ribavirin. So far the biggest side effects are extreme fatigue and I have a very slight/mild rash on my forehead (not really noticeable to most people, but I definitely notice). Also a little ‘brain fog’…I’m having a harder time concentrating, but not too bad.

My week 6 results came back 'not detected' and I just had my week 8 tests done yesterday so I'm holding my breath that they also come back negative.

I haven't experienced any of the nausea or headaches...so far it's been quite tolerable and the drug combination seems to be working!
Early 1990s - Contracted HCV
04/28/14 - Diagnosed (VL: 1,218,620, Log10: 6.086, AST: 115, ALT: 149)
02/06/15 - Diagnosed (Genotype: 3, IL28B: CT genotype, Cirrosis: Grade 2, Stage 4)
05/07/15 - Started 24 Week Sovaldi + Ribavirin
06/23/15 - Week 6 results (VL: Not Detected, Log10: Not Detected, ALT: 17, AST: 17)
07/06/15 - Week 8 results (VL: Not Detected, Log10: Not Detected, ALT: 16, AST: 20)

Offline bham hal

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 04:11:45 pm »
Great News!!! I already have a rash from this thing in me.Maybe when it clears all will go away.You are doing well.Ive already told close ones IM SORRY.They say for what in case the ribavarin makes me ill and I say something I don't really mean. :).I just bought a Honda Goldwing to work on guess that will be next season if this clears.Is it a cure or cleared in remission?Different opinions.

Offline bham hal

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 05:30:42 pm »
Well 1st week really unremarkable.I had a small headache last night but didn't stay with me long.Ive stay out of the sun and really trying to eat right.I spoke to drugist he told me someone from the South thats hard to do.

Offline esar

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 05:27:38 pm »
Best wishes Bham.  Am also on Solvadi + Ribavirin with genotype 2.  Five & a half days left of the treatment.  I will be so glad when it's over.
Not to discourage you but I've had some terrible side effects about the midpoint of the treatment.  Actually throughout the treatment had some of the common and not so common side effects. 
At week 3 of the treatment I was "undetected."
I've had great support from my doctors and the nurse and a few good friends.  Without their support I wouldn't have gotten through it.  I was begging & crying to have my dose reduced, but they said no and somehow I've got this far.  Less than a week left.
Currently waiting for new test results.
Most of all, we all want to get this poison out of our blood.

First results before treatment:
Diagnosed:  December 2014
Bilirubin: 5:  Normal Range < 22: 
ALT: 17:  Normal Range 10 - 44: 
AST: 21 - Normal Range 7 - 31
ALK PHOSPHASE:  48 Normal Range:  45 - 121
No liver damage:  2015 Fibroscan 2.7 out of 1 - 75, normal ultrasound
At start: Viral load=3.56 million
Treatment naive

April 28, 2015: Started 12 weeks Solvadi+Riba

Week 3 Results: Virus UNDETECTED;
Bilirubin: 8:  Normal Range < 22: 
ALT: 20:  Normal Range 10 - 44: 
AST: 18 - Normal Range 7 - 31
ALK PHOSPHASE:  52 Normal Range:  45 - 121

Week 3 of Solvadi & Ribavirin

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 05:52:12 pm »
I was begging & crying to have my dose reduced, but they said no and somehow I've got this far.  Less than a week left.

Hi Esar. What is your ribavirin dose? 1000 mg? or 1200mg? And what is your weight, if you don't mind me asking? And how low has your hemoglobin dropped?

I just have 12 days left of Harvoni+Ribavirin. And my hemoglobin has certainly fallen, as you can see from my sig file at bottom. It was down to 96 g/L a week ago and may be lower now. Normal range is 120-150.

I am actually doing alright, and have been throughout treatment. But of course I clearly do not have enough hemoglobin now due to the ribavirin, and I get out of breath pretty easily. My medical team wants to keep me on my full dose since I don't have much time left on my treatment. And that's okay with me because I want everything going for me in clearing this virus. I have been on 1,000 mg/day and I weight 120 lbs.

Hang in there!
kim :)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline esar

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 06:16:00 pm »
Hi Kim
My weight is 124 lbs.  lost lots of weight.
My dose of ribavirin is 1000 mg/day.
Normal levels of hemoglobin:  120 to 160:
at beginning of treatment: 150
most recent test: 133
so yes, it's decreased but still normal.  I have NO appetite, lost lots of weight but force myself to eat even though the thought of eating makes me nauseous and everything tastes like cardboard.  Maybe diet effects hemoglobin.
Week 3 of Solvadi & Ribavirin

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 07:06:42 pm »
Hi Esar. I have had a similar situation with eating while on treatment - lost weight, no appetite, I make myself eat but many of my favorite foods not possible right now, they just do not appeal and won't go down. So eating has been a challenge for me during treatment.

Glad to hear your hemoglobin is still in normal range. You were lucky to start at high end of normal so you had somewhere to fall before leaving normal. I started at bottom end of normal on my hemoglobin, so as soon as it began to drop due to ribavirin I was below normal.

Nice to have the end in sight! :)

kim

Offline bham hal

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 12:12:53 am »
I have a healthy appetite.I take 1200 inteferon 1 solvaldi.My platelets are low and spleen inflamed by the ultrasound.I have some cirrohis.I itch some I already had type 2 diabetes but I stop taking my medformin during treatment.I get bored because of staying out of the sun thing.But yes I want this nasty thing out of me at any cost.I can deal with anything that's coming.I dont have my blood readings handy but I was turned down on the trials.

Offline bham hal

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 12:15:22 am »
I weigh 220 tho but 6ft 1 Im not obese.I hope all of you are cured.

Offline bham hal

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 05:55:03 pm »
I had the worse case of insomnia last night.I keep a diary and mark off the dose for hep as I take it.Well I dont mark off my normal meds looked in my pill reminder yea reminder and I had forgotten to take my other meds I take daily.Yea I guess old age or brain fog LOL.Im gonna say brain fog not old age or just plain stupid.LOL :-X
I hope all is doing well and no problems.Ill post my blood levels as I get them.I have a few here but dont have the energy to find them.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.