Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:26:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 73
Total: 73

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Day 6 harvoni  (Read 9342 times)

Offline Sheltonmj

• New at this
Day 6 harvoni
« on: September 11, 2015, 08:50:00 pm »
Hey y'all. Glad to be here and I have been on my on till now.
It seems like I am feeling better in the mornings.
 I take mine at 430 am with a bottle of water coffee and more water. Then back to sleep if I can.
 At 930 am I eat a soffule at panera bread.
 This holds till 5 then a small meal.
I take Xanax and trazdone for sleep
 My throat seems to be sore as in muscles and I wonders y'all's routine and throats.
Been infected since early 80s
W male
Genotype 1a
 F4 cirosis
 Vl 4,000,000

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: Day 6 harvoni
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 05:56:22 am »
Sheltonmj, welcome to the Hep forums. You are definitely NOT alone here -- we're a big community of folks on the same journey, even if we have different starting dates and treatment lengths.

I thought I was taking Harvoni early (6 a.m.), but you have me beat! I take mine with one cup (8 ounces) of water, then eat breakfast approx. two hours later. From the first pill, Harvoni has given me more energy, but by bedtime, I'm ready to sleep without any pharmaceutical help. That's why I didn't see your message until now.

I'm in my tenth week of Harvoni and have not experienced sore throat muscles, but Harvoni seems to affect everyone differently. If you're drinking more fluids while on Harvoni than you used to, it may take a while to find the "sweet spot" -- the best amount for your body weight and gender. There's also the temptation to gulp down those extra fluids, but it's best to drink them without gulping.

I look forward to your future posts.

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Sheltonmj

• New at this
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 08:19:07 am »
Thanks Nat
 I was really glad to find your reply.  I'm a pretty tough sufferer. But this has me worried. 
 I am learning what everything means now and have cirrhosis with out every drinking in my life! I think it may be in very early stages but now it's day 7 and after a cold sweat last night I'm feeling better and better in the mornings.
Thanks.
W male
Genotype 1a
 F4 cirosis
 Vl 4,000,000

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 08:53:05 am »
Sheltonmj, I trust you'll report any possible side effect to your medical provider. If that is difficult to do in between appointments, you can also report it to Gilead's Support Path. If you get your Harvoni from a specialty pharmacy such as CVS/Caremark, it probably has pharmacists and nurses you can call as well.

I hated alcohol, so I imbibed only tiny amounts decades ago, yet I have early cirrhosis too, so Hep C is what caused it. The latest studies show that getting rid of the Hep C can even get us early cirrhotics back into the non-cirrhosis range. I can send you the links if you want.

Since you already know how to make a signature file, you might want to add your genotype and key liver lab results to it. It helps the people responding to your posts provide more useful information.

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Sheltonmj

• New at this
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 09:04:32 am »
Thank You
 I surely  will report my side effect.
 Also my signature will be updated after I see the doc this week.
W male
Genotype 1a
 F4 cirosis
 Vl 4,000,000

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 09:06:36 am »
 Sheltonmj, Buenos Dias there fellow Lone Star HEP C warrior. Welcome to the forums there Big Guy. You definitely not alone out there. I think You will find that there is a butt load of Silent Soldiers in the secret service of fighting the good fight against the HEP C dragon all over the place. Some hiding in plain sight for fear of what others will thinks. Well , I say screw "em all and feed "em fish heads!!!!!! Hope You not having to bad of a ride on the old crazy train. By the way, I still haven't seen the conductor. I'm pulling rear guard in the caboose.
  Sorry about the cirrhosis thing, Maybe all the drinking that I did passed on to You through osmosis. LOL. I definitely had My share as well as two or three others as well back in the day!
  BTW, Do you have any labs or more info. that You can post? I just started My ninth week of taking MY Harpoonis & spearing the little HEP C buggers. First 5-6 weeks I had some really rough sides due to the all out war going on in the old body. Never had a migraine but, headaches that I had took Me down two or three times a week . Lots of joint pain( knees, hips,knuckles, etc. etc.) Use the forums to get info. & ask questions. One of My mantras is that the only stupid question is the one that is not asked!!!! I think You will find that Lucinda, Lynn, Gnatty, Kim, as well as many many more here and on blogs will give You more than enough info. to read up on & digest. There are to many to name here, just check out the posts & You will see what I mean.
 Read on and get more education her at HEP UNIVERSITY, & keep posting. Let's see if My old pea brain can come up with a parting Quote!!!!! Wait for it~~~~~~~~
 A WORD TO THE WISE AIN'T NECESSARY--- IT'S THE STUPID ONES THAT NEED ADVICE!!!!!!!
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline Sheltonmj

• New at this
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 10:22:50 am »
Well I think I found a home.
 Not ever having anything to compare too has been a dread till now.
 It has been a rough ride. 
 People seem to damn me for not being all they think I should be. It's hard to explain your sic when you can look so healthy. This is one thing that made me turn into a recluse and give up on social life.
 I will be posting my labs when I get them.
 Mike
W male
Genotype 1a
 F4 cirosis
 Vl 4,000,000

Offline slats1056

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 10:47:49 am »
 Home?? The Hell You Say. I say one big happy family on different treatments striving for the same goal of good health and SVR for all! I can relate to Your quandary, when I see some of My old friends it makes Me wonder what I look like on the inside!!!!! Look pretty good on the outside if I do say so Myself! Inside major turmoil for Years, questions about laziness , sanity , & the like. But then again I am not politically correct and further more don't give a big fat rats' ass what anyone thinks!!!!LMFAO!!!!!
  THIS IS AMERICA AND WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OPINIONS. WRONG!! THIS IS TEXAS AND MY OPINION IS THE ONLY ONE THAT COUNTS!  LOL!! ARROGANT I know but funny!!!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?

Offline Sheltonmj

• New at this
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 03:09:04 pm »
Tommy I can relate to this.
 It's bad enough being sick and a non drinker.
 But it's okay.  I'm a ex hippy and life is still good.
 I have woke up every day for decades thinking this may be the day I feel better.
Optimism and faith in medicine got me here.
W male
Genotype 1a
 F4 cirosis
 Vl 4,000,000

Offline slats1056

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 03:31:45 pm »
 Sheltonmj, I know what You mean , I'm a little bit of ex everything,trust Me! LOL. Every day You get to smell the flowers is a good one. Don't get scared until You are looking at the roots!!!LMFAO!!! That's when You know You have a real problem , but by then it won't matter. A little morbid humor there , sorry. I believe that Faith in Yourself probably has a lot to do with it to, don't short Yourself on that!!! When things get really bad for Me , all I have to do is think of how much worse off and less fortunate others are out there and I am happy for the good things I have in My life. That gives Me a swift kick in the ass and reality sets in!! Hey self you big dummy, it ain't that bad. We might not all make it through the War, but all of us are fighting the good fight. Myself , it's kind of like the Alamo. Lost the battle , won the war.
 Deguello My brethren in arms. No quarter , fight on!!!!!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline Bree

• "Today is a good day for a great day!"
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 05:28:17 pm »
Hi Mike,  yes, welcome to the forum.  I'm getting ready to start last two weeks of Harvoni.  After the first two weeks, been pretty smooth.  In hindsight, even first weeks not that bad.  I'm keeping my eye on the prize!

My philosophy throughout treatment has been to be gentle and nurturing with myself. I have gotten massages, done yin yoga, swim, chirpractor, etc.  Not only is it emotionally helpful and treatment has given me a good excuse to nurture myself (what made think I needed an excuse to nurture myself is another story)... but I want to do what I can to shake out all the strays from their hiding places so Harvoni can dismantle and handicap them. Ha!

Welcome, you are never alone.
Dx 1997 Geno 1a
2002-2003 PEG Intron/riba (48 wks) respond/relapsed
Pre-Harvoni - Viral Load: 13.5 M - Log 7.1
Fibrosure Score F1-2  Pre-Treatment:  AST 73 / ALT 88

7/6/15 Started Harvoni (12 weeks)
10/5/15 HCV NOT DETECTED (One week post EOT)
11/9/15 NOT DETECTED!!! (6 wk post)
12/21/15 NOT DETECTED (12 wk post) 
3/14/16  NOT DETECTED (24 week post)AST 26 ALT 18
SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.