Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:22:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 90
Total: 91

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Started Harvoni 5 days ago and the side effects are horrendous!  (Read 9741 times)

Offline Teebear

Started Harvoni August 23 and have had a headache nausea vomitting  dizziness cold sweats and fatigue... is this all normal... trying to stay positive I want to beat this dreaded disease but wow I am not sure I can handle this for the next 8 weeks!
HCV diagnosed 01/16/2014 not sure how long infected was detected after Gastric Bypass surgery.
genotype 1A with F2 scarring
08/23/2015 began Harvoni (8 wks)

Offline Patience

Re: Started Harvoni 5 days ago and the side effects are horrendous!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 02:51:29 pm »
So sorry you're having such a rough time. From what I have experienced and what I've read here, there's no knowing what's in store. Some people have had bad sides at the beginning, some, like me, midway through, and a few in the last part. However, I can't recall anyone having them every day all the way through. So take heart, it does get better! Most likely just when you think you can't do it any more, you'll wake up and feel a positive change. I certainly hope so! Also, be sure to get what ever help your doc is willing to offer and keep in mind the goal that you're working toward. How wonderful will that be! Good luck and feel better!
GT 1b
Dx2000
Tx2005 peg/rib. responder but had to stop at 20 weeks due to eye and thyroid problems. Relapse 3 months later
2013 fibrosis F2-1
TX 6/7/15 Harvoni 12 weeks VL 815,000, log 5.91,     ALT 47, AST 80
@3 weeks: VL detected <15, log <1.18
@ 9 weeks VL Undetected
EOT 8/29/15 no labs done
12/3/15  14 week post EOT: UNDETECTED!!
 ALT 11 AST 21
2/19/16  24 week post: UNDETECTED

Offline msu

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 02:26:58 pm »
Sorry to hear abt ur side effects.

Wish u best of luck.

Cheers
MSU
GT3A
Sovaldi+Riba for 24 Weeks
VL before treatment 2.9 million
Treatment started 8.8.15

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 02:36:14 pm »
Hang in there, Teebear!! And get whatever help you can from your doctor for side effects that severe. Everyone's body seems to respond differently to these drugs. While I did not have sides as severe as what you describe, I was aware of the fact that throughout my 12 weeks, new side effects would arise and then disappear after 7-10 days. It felt like my body was continuously shifting and adapting to the effects of the drugs on my body. So perhaps your side effects will lessen in a few days. I hope they have already.

A lot of people find that drinking plenty of water helps reduce headache. (But I recall someone here saying that too much water was causing her headache.) Ginger tea may help with the nausea. Also medical marijuana.

Good luck, and let us know how you are doing!

kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 03:04:53 pm »
 Teebear  I sure hate that You have to go through that. Keep chipping at it & try to think about the positive outcome of kicking Hep C in the ass!!!!!I didn't have any vomiting or cold sweats. Did have some bouts of fever & night sweats. Many massive head aches , extreme joint pain , severe tinnitus, very irritable with bad mood swings , etc. etc. etc..  Starting week 5 things eased up considerably.  No two cases are alike just similar. Do what You need to get through the sides. Talk to Your Doc & let him know where You are at & where You need help. You have made it this far! One more day , One more day. Please don't tap out , be strong You will make it through to the other side. Wish I could be more help. All of Us little hepper piggies are rooting for You. Like I posted before, I for the first time in many Years see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now I realize that it is the sun shining , not another train about to run Me over!!!!!!! Although it seems like it did a few times. REMEMBER , KEEP REPEATING TO YOURSELF!! IT'S ALL ABOUT SVR! IT'S ALL ABOUT SVR!
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline Teebear

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 03:51:40 pm »
Thank you everyone for the support  on day 6 haven't thrown up in almost 24 hours on anti nausea meds still have headache and cold sweats with fever and very tired  sleeping a lot... but after going this group and not feeling like I am alone has helped thank you again
HCV diagnosed 01/16/2014 not sure how long infected was detected after Gastric Bypass surgery.
genotype 1A with F2 scarring
08/23/2015 began Harvoni (8 wks)

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 04:09:15 pm »
OH TO SLEEP PERCHANCE TO DREAM, Who the hell am I kidding ? After the first four weeks I'm just happy to sleep much less to dream. I'll have plenty of time for that later. Any time I can get 6 hour of sleep into this old body I feel like a King.
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.