Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:39:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 102
Total: 102

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Got Vitamins?  (Read 7740 times)

Offline MontanaBlue

Got Vitamins?
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:25:48 am »
Hi Folks,

I am 3a - Rib & Sol 24 wk TX - 15wk and counting.

I am having all the common side effects, but mine seem to be 10 X worse then most of what I am reading.

I have read people are taking Vitamin D, E, Magnesium, Omega 3 -- commenting they have very little side effects.  Wondering if I should start taking them...b/c I feel like crap!!!!  Any advice???

Also experiencing anxiety and depression - doc say ok to take Xanax and Wellbutrin.  Any thoughts on the Xanax & Wellbutrin?  Doc approved both.

I feel like since I started this treatment I am taking more pills then I ever have.  Wondering if all this is good for my liver.  Or do what I need to do to get through this TX.

Any thoughts?

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Got Vitamins?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 01:14:29 pm »
Those vitamins and minerals are liver-friendly (do be very careful about taking iron, such as in a multi) As for whether they will help, who knows. Personally, I have had better much with exercise, a good diet, and a good night's sleep.

As for the meds, if you need them, then you need them, and that is between you and your doc. I assume your doc will continue to check your liver. Welbutrin can raise liver enzymes, but since so can hep C, it is hard to know which causes what. However, just because it can raise them doesn't mean you shouldn't take them. The liver is very resilient and can usually withstand a reasonable amount of medication, if taken as directed.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline MontanaBlue

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 07:18:06 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

I am only take Wellbutrin n Xanax while on rib.  Once TX is done in 5 weeks getting off of all prescription drugs.

19 weeks and still UD.

My side effects are very minimal at 19 weeks. I think I had just about every side effect. UGH!  I almost feel normal now. Occasional fatigue n bloat. Nothing compared to what I have been through.

For everyone starting Rib it gets easier every month. A set back here and there but just push through this demon of a drug. 

Wishing everyone A long happy life!

Offline MontanaBlue

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 07:20:49 pm »
One more thing...

Just got blood work done n all numbers in normal range.

19 weeks n counting...

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.