Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:58:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 12 weeks after 8 weeks Harvoni treatment  (Read 8492 times)

Offline HopefulCamper

12 weeks after 8 weeks Harvoni treatment
« on: September 03, 2015, 04:12:49 am »
Hi

I got HCV 1a when I was born in 1974.  F3/F4 liver.  AST 45 ALT 99 from my test yesterday.  Waiting for my viral load results, expect to get it in the next few days.  Liver numbers were, unfortunately, all normal during treatment.   Did not do Riba with the Harvoni.

Keeping busy!

HopefulCamper

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: 12 weeks after 8 weeks Harvoni treatment
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 10:47:14 am »
Hi Hopeful Camper, and welcome to the forums! :) I hope you get good news on your viral load numbers. What do you mean that your liver numbers were "unfortunately" normal during tx? Do you mean they were above normal?

I very much hope your 8 weeks of Harvoni did the trick for you. But if by any chance it didn't, there will be other options. So there will absolutely be other chances, and you will be cured. But let's hope this one worked for you. Good luck!

best,
kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline HopefulCamper

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:24:53 pm »
Good to meet you KimInTheForest.

I just mean my liver numbers were all within the healthy standard normal range each time I checked during treatment.  The unfortunate part is that now that I am post-treatment I am out of range.  This would be less worrisome if I had other theories for the cause of the change besides relapse.  I have not heard about nor read about any cases here where liver ALT and AST numbers were normal range during tx, then went out of whack after treatment except due to relapse.

I will know for sure Friday-Tuesday I guess.  Thanks for reminding me of the new medicine combinations on the horizon it helps to stay upbeat.  I just had another look at the HCV Drug Pipeline chart.  I guess there are a lot of people accumulating as Geno 1a Harvoni relapsers.  I wonder what the best next step will be in 2016. Harvoni 24 weeks seems long and kind of expensive in terms of time, health, money but surely worth considering.  I wonder if there are any short-duration possibilities in the next 12 months?

Good luck everybody!

HopefulCamper

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 12:38:27 pm »
There can be other reasons for high liver numbers post-tx even if they became normal during tx. That actually happened to me. I got depleted during tx due to side effects (unable to eat or sleep properly plus anemia from ribavirin). Consequently, I got some sort of mystery malaise immediately post-tx and my liver enzymes went back up even though they had fallen to normal range during tx, and I was undetected during tx. I was worried that the Hep C had returned. But I just got my results on my 4-week post-tx labs, and I am still undetected - SVR4. :) So in my case, the elevated enzymes were due to other problems in my body post-tx from getting so depleted. Just something to keep in mind while you wait for the results of your viral load test. ;)

I think with Harvoni relapsers there is now an effort to test those people to see if they have developed resistance to NS5A inhibitors (e.g., the ledipasvir in Harvoni). If they have, then treating with longer duration of Harvoni is not advised or useful. So those people may be waiting for next new thing to come along. But there is a great deal of stuff coming out of the pipeline now.

Hoping for good news for you!
kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.