Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:12:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 126
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 86
Total: 86

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 1 week post treatment results - ALP high - rest looks good  (Read 6799 times)

Offline Morphin

• Just another survivor
1 week post treatment results - ALP high - rest looks good
« on: September 10, 2015, 02:43:53 pm »
I completed TX on 8/31 (8 weeks) and didn't have my EOT Dr appt/lab test until yesterday.

Just received all my lab results:

HCV - UNDETECTED   

AST - 33  - same as at 4 week
ALT - 22 - down from 26 at 4 week

All other results look good - EXCEPT ALP.  This was 117 at 4 weeks, but now back up to 140.  Not sure if this is anything that should be troubling since everything else looks good.  From what I have been able to tell, it may be an indication of bone or liver issues (possibly due to HIV?) or maybe virus still working it's way out of my system?  It's not far out of the normal range - 135 appears to be the high end.  Only other thing I can think of is I had a Mocha Coffee about 2 hours before the test - don't have them often - once a week.

Does anyone have any info about this?

Anyhow - next stop is test at 8 weeks(I'll be out of state for 12 weeks).

Peace!
Age 48
Infected 2001
GT 1a
VL 2.36m 
Tx naive
Started Harvoni 7/7/2015 (8 wks)
W4 - Undetected
W4 AST 33 (66 before TX)
W4 ALT 26 (41 before TX)

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: 1 week post treatment results - ALP high - rest looks good
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 05:28:17 pm »
Nice lab work - at this point, the ALP is probably insignificant. As for the mocha - it won't affect the test. Plus, coffee is good for the liver (though the sugar isn't, but enjoy it since it is an infrequent splurge.)
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.