Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:34:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 147
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 120
Total: 120

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Week nine on Harvoni In the Home Stretch  (Read 10438 times)

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
Week nine on Harvoni In the Home Stretch
« on: September 12, 2015, 01:02:00 pm »
 Hello all HEP C Warriors & SVR seekers out there in Heplandia around the World!!!

Been out of pocket due to work and Dr./ lab trips & such. I feel the need to express My extreme gratitude for all of the info., support, and camaraderie that I have found here on the forums. So , everybody give Yourself a pat on the back, a high five, and a BIG SMILE. Kudos to all. Prayers and best wishes to everyone.
   I'm a couple of days into week nine of twelve weeks of treatment. The sides seem to have diminished greatly starting with week seven , except fatigue , some joint pain, and a few moderate head aches ( not at all like the crankers  I had the first four or five weeks. Sleep is improving so much that My alarm clock wakes Me up occasionally which is highly unusual. RE.: My posts on Sleep Issues on Harvoni.
  Been having some Lab issues but info.so far is encouraging. Viral load excluded. Guess I'll just have to wait until EOT for results. Cautiously optimistic but hoping for the best. Thinking positive. Brain frogs have let up big time the last week or two. When they do show up , THE DAMN WORDS WON'T COME ! Strange feeling as I usually am not at a lack for words. Thoughts are there but they won't make it to My fingers to key them, Thank God for spell check.
 I have been preparing My notes to report sides to Gilead as well as FDA. Hope everyone else is doing the same. I have been thinking that some of the sides are largely compounded by such things as stress, anxiety, and the fear of the unknown. Human nature to obsess about the uncontrollable doesn't help either.
  Due to bad life choices and way of life back in the day, I thank My lucky stars to be alive, much less to be in as good of shape as I am physically. I am greatly saddened by all of You that are in such bad shape even though it was I that made all of the choices that You Guys chose to avoid.
  This is such a wonderful place to be, especially since no one else but You guys can even begin to fathom the Hell we have been through. I feel for all of You that have been stigmatized by the ignorant that need to be enlightened and the stupid who will not be able to learn. But then again I would tell them to go take a long walk off of a short pier. That is just My nature, I don't have a lot of patience for those who can't admit their mistakes and learn from them.  As I have posted before, Ignorance is curable-Stupidity is not!!!!Those who wish to learn do so, those that do not are doomed to repeat the same mistakes over & over again.

THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS REPEATING THE SAME THING AND EXPECTING, DIFFERENT RESULT!!!!
  Parting thought-- Take care of Yourself first. If You don't no one else will . Then and only then will You be able to help other!!!!!!!

Yesterday is history , tomorrow is a mystery , today is a gift of God , which is why we call it the present. Bill Keane

Good Day and Good Health to all, even the stupid ones. LOL!!!

73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline Rosie13

Re: Week nine on Harvoni In the Home Stretch
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:02 pm »
Hi Tommy...I enjoy your posts sooo much.Laughing is the BEST medicine! I do wish I had your attitude about telling others that judge to take a flying*****.I just keep it all to myself & hope sides don't give me away. I think our numbers are very similar .Ib & viral load .mine had dropped from 500,000 to 192,000 when I was trying to get the meds.I hope to get 12 wks but 8 wks tx for now.Keep that Texas fun coming!!
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
Started Harvoni Sept. 5, 2015
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
12 wks.post tx.feb.11,2016
UNDETECTED!!!
24 wks. post tx. may 16,2016
UNDETECTED Fibroscan  F-0!!!!!

Offline Rosie13

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:03 pm »
Hi Tommy...I enjoy your posts sooo much.Laughing is the BEST medicine! I do wish I had your attitude about telling others that judge to take a flying*****.I just keep it all to myself & hope sides don't give me away. I think our numbers are very similar .Ib & viral load .mine had dropped from 500,000 to 192,000 when I was trying to get the meds.I hope to get 12 wks but 8 wks tx for now.Keep that Texas fun coming!!
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
UNDETECTED!!!

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 09:17:17 pm »
Way to go Tommy! Congrats on being 3/4 of the way through! And I too enjoy your posts. You make us laugh. We don't have enough of that.

kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline slats1056

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 09:21:15 pm »
 Hi there Rosie13,  13 used to be My lucky number, so therefore I like You already. LOL. I prefer to think of the way I think is more of a way of life rather than an attitude. Ask Me no questions & I will tell You no lies. I have been told that the filter between My brain & mouth is defective or does not exist! My Dad used to tell Me growing up to put My brain in gear before putting My mouth in motion. Don't think I ever achieved that! Glad You got the Meds., but I hope You get the full twelve weeks which will assure a virtual slam dunk to SVR. Looks like a Godsend for those of us with 1B. It never ceases to amaze Me that all who did nothing wrong to deserve this B.S. are usually worse off than Myself who did everything wrong. Maybe My life choice changes have improved My karma over the past twenty odd years helped. I try to help people if I can and try My best to be tolerant of ignorance. Still have a problem with stupid people. Here is one You might like. Back in the day when I was pretty well jaundiced I would screw with peoples head and tell them it was part of a full body Tattoo including the whites of My eyes. LMFAO, of course the average bear immediately knew it was B.S, the stupid ones fell for it hook,line, & sinker. That one probably didn't help with the karma thing. Hope Your train ride is a good one. Keep posting & updating.
  Maybe I should change My screen name to The Joker or maybe Court Jester!

WHEN LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS, MAKE GRAPE JUICE! THEN SIT BACK AND WATCH AS THEY WONDER HOW YOU DID IT!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?

Offline slats1056

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 10:43:13 pm »
Hey there KimintheClear, almost missed Your post, Couldn't see the forest for the trees. Sorry about the pun at Your expense, Just couldn't resist. How are things in Your neck of the woods. Now that one wasn't a pun, just a bad choice of metaphors!!!!LOL. When I came to the forums it just seemed like a Catholic funeral. Quiet, muted , and serious. If I can contribute a giggle or a belly laugh, I consider it medicinal. No cost , no prescription , with great side effect. The best way I have found to diffuse a tense atmosphere is humor. Not to detract from the people here that are highly knowledgeable, technical, and way more educated than Myself. I come from the school of hard knocks in every sense of the word. Trust me when I say that if You knew the things I have been through You would want to laugh to keep from crying.
  But I digress. Been feeling extremely good lately since the sides are lifting. Still have some fatigue, joint pain, and average headaches but, what the Hell! This is an epic battle we must endure to win the War and make it to the other side. No one ever makes it through a war unscathed, physically or emotionally we are all wounded in some way. Some worse than others I'm afraid.
  So, that being said. Let us go dance in the rain, that way when You laugh so hard that You pee on Yourself , no one will be the wiser.

I LOVE BEING MARRIED. IT IS SO GREAT TO FIND THAT ONE SPECIAL PERSON THAT YOU WANT TO ANNOY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 11:15:36 pm »
This is an epic battle we must endure to win the War and make it to the other side. No one ever makes it through a war unscathed, physically or emotionally we are all wounded in some way. Some worse than others I'm afraid.

So true Tommy! I am doing my best to remind myself of this in my post-treatment malaise (going on 7 weeks now) that at times has me bed-ridden. You are right - this is a war. We will not get out unscathed. But we will be victorious!

keep us laughing!  ;D
kim
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline slats1056

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 11:48:04 pm »
 Kim ,   On a serious note , I am hoping all is well for You, Wish I could take on some of Your problems as I have broad shoulders. Keep Your chin up girl. I know that I and many more here are rooting for You to get better and continue on Your path with the wind in Your face and the sun on Your back. Back in the day when I was still riding, I did a form of meditation while on the road, Clearing My mind and taking in the beauty of Mother Natures scenery. The feeling of the wind in Your face , the wonders of nature all around You , and a Harley Electra-glide under Your but is awesome. Trying to avail Myself of STUFF I have accumulated over the Years to get one of them road worthy to celebrate My SVR24.
  Best wishes and may Your health improve quickly!!

O.K. here is a good one:

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS FOLLOW THE FIVE STEP PLAN
 Step #1 Sit on the couch
 Step #2 Turn on the T.V.
 Step #3 Throw the lemons at Life
 Step #4 Force Life to make lemonade for You
 Step #5 Drink the lemonade

7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline Sheltonmj

• New at this
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 08:57:26 am »
Thanks for the posts. !!!
Been infected since early 80s
W male
Genotype 1a
 F4 cirosis
 Vl 4,000,000

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 12:35:03 pm »
Hi Shelton. And welcome to the forums (if I haven't said so already). :)

And Tommy you are so right about Mother Nature and the great outdoors being the great healer and calmer. If 2 strong volunteers with a stretcher and a van would like to load me on the stretcher, drive me to the forest, and place me on  the peaty floor beneath cedar trees and ravens and pileated woodpeckers, I'm game! ;)

I chose my KimInTheForest handle here because in Five Element Theory (the underpinning of Traditional Chinese Medicine), each of the 5 elements is paired to one of the 5 major organs in the body. The liver's element is wood and it's colour is green. There are many sets of 5 governing the 5 organs in Five Element Theory).

So when we enter the forest, we are entering the planet's liver, surrounding ourselves with a vast matrix of healthy Liver energy/Qi.

The liver's virtues are kindness, compassion, patience. It's negative emotions (when our liver energy is deficient or blocked) are anger, jealousy, envy. In English we say "green with envy". Five Element Theory is about 2,500 years old, so it may be the source of that phrase.

I hope you are out riding your Harley soon, Tommy - enjoying the open road and wind in your face.

kim :)

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 12:36:35 pm by KimInTheForest »

Offline Rosie13

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 02:14:49 pm »
I always loved the Kim in the forest name & now I know why! Also, all your posts are full of the wisdom/common sense we need to just relax & heal. I was so worried I wouldn't be able to take care of my volunteer stuff & it hasn't been the case so far. Day 9 & feeling ok . Had to pass on a fishing trip with my husband today though. DARN....didn't want to get out there & screw up his morning!
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
UNDETECTED!!!

Offline slats1056

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 09:04:48 am »
 Kim, Boy that sets some gears grinding in the old pea brain. Forest, Liver, One filters all of the bad things out of the environment for us! The other filters all of the bad things in our body! Coincidence? I think not!!!!
  Let us see here!!! I can get a side car or trailer for the E-glide, extra person for the moving. But I can't figure out how in the hell to get it to float across the pond to get You!!!! LOL!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 09:36:00 am »
Kim, while Tommy's figuring out how to get you to the forest, I can at least get a raven to you. Here's the link to Canadian photographer Brad Hill's fabulous portrait of a raven with wind-blown feathers: http://www.naturephotographers.net/imagecritique/largephoto.cgi?ref=226108&w=i

Gnatty (who lives where there aren't any ravens)
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline slats1056

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 12:50:19 pm »
 I  going to suggest the boob tube & watch some Nature & Wildlife Shows also. Always seems to help a little as I can't get out to the country as often as I used to.
 Say Hello to the Queen for Me!!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline slats1056

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 11:49:46 pm »
 Strange that I find Myself obsessing about the latest blood draw outcome. Don't get the results back until Thursday when I go to G.I. for check up. No control what so ever, But can't seem to put it out of My mind. Good to see all of the results here on the forums, both good & not so good. Keeps Me encouraged and grounded at the same time.  Been feeling great lately, but extremely irritable and short tempered. Ticked the wife off so bad Sunday that she isn't talking to Me at the moment. Try as I might the bitchiness creeps out so fast that I can't check it like I usually do. It seems that everyone else works harder,longer, has more problems,is more tired, etc etc. etc.! Wish they could walk a mile in Our shoes, that might get their attention.
 It might be that I have been working 11 hour days for the last two weeks. Getting sleep &  feeling rested helps. Thinking that the internal strife is catching up a little, again back to the unknown & uncontrollable outcome of treatment. Damn the dark side of human nature.
 I will persevere and overcome this Dragon at all costs! None of that woe is Me crap, after all I got Myself here and I will get passed it!!When I get to SVR24 I am thinking about getting a new Tattoo. A replica of My avatar!!! Take that You stupid Dragon. Big red X through Your Heart!!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 12:00:45 am »
Thank you Rosie, Tommy & Gnatty. You guys are great! I could actually drive to the grocery store today for first time in a while. And I just started a pot of beef stew going on the stove - made from scratch in the lightning speed of 10 minutes because I can't stand up for longer. haha! ;) So let's hope I am turning a corner on this thing, whatever it is. I think given how anemic and nutrient deficient I am, eating properly (or at all!) will be my key out of this.

Thank you for your support and laughs!  :D

kim

Offline Sheltonmj

• New at this
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 07:32:20 pm »
I like that name to Kim.
And thanks to you Tommy I'm glad your nearly home.
Been infected since early 80s
W male
Genotype 1a
 F4 cirosis
 Vl 4,000,000

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.